Obama So Delusional He “Believed He Had Beaten Romney” In Denver Debate…

Capitalist

Jeffersonian Liberal
May 22, 2010
Via Daily Mail:
When President Barack Obama stepped off the stage in Denver last week the 60 million Americans watching the debate against Mitt Romney already knew it had been a disaster for him.
But what nobody knew, until now, was that Obama believed he had actually won.
In an extraordinary insight into the events leading up to the 90 minute showdown which changed the face of the election, a Democrat close to the Obama campaign today reveals that the President also did not take his debate preparation seriously, ignored the advice of senior aides and ignored one-liners that had been prepared to wound Romney.
The Democrat said that Obama’s inner circle was dismayed at the ‘disaster’ and that he believed the central problem was that the President was so disdainful of Romney that he didn’t believe he needed to engage with him.
‘President Obama made it clear he wanted to be doing anything else – anything – but debate prep,’ the Democrat said. ‘He kept breaking off whenever he got the opportunity and never really focused on the event.

Did Obama Just Throw The Entire Election Away? - The Dish | By Andrew Sullivan - The Daily Beast

Seriously: has that kind of swing ever happened this late in a campaign? Has any candidate lost 18 points among women voters in one night ever? And we are told that when Obama left the stage that night, he was feeling good. That's terrifying. On every single issue, Obama has instantly plummeted into near-oblivion. He still has some personal advantages over Romney - even though they are all much diminished.

With President Obama holed up in a Nevada resort for debate practice, things can get pretty boring on the White House beat right now. Pretty boring for Obama too, apparently. "Basically they're keeping me indoors all the time," Obama told a supporter on the phone during a visit to a Las Vegas area field office. "It's a drag," he added. "They're making me do my homework."

Too arrogant to take a core campaign responsibility seriously. Too arrogant to give his supporters what they deserve

obama has the serious democrats terrified. Not the hoi polloi that posts on boards like this, but the serious democrats that spend the money.

obama thinks he did well, whatever poor performance he showed wasn't his fault, it was Romney's fault because Romney lied. This means obama can't be fixed. He's going to do the same thing next time that he did last time.

I do not support obama, but I did think that he would make changes, he would give up the parties and fundraising for serious preparation. He would get a better debate coach than John Kerry. He would do something. Even Joe Biden is taking the debate more seriously than obama!

Instead of getting down to business, obama is fighting back the only way he knows how, he's mocking, making jokes, and has hurt feelings.

Forum List

Back