Obama sends form letter to fallen Marine's father

The reporter investigated and found this sorry ass President sends out form letters to EVERYONE.

From the same article:

UPDATE: Jake Tapper reminded me of this– Bush comforted troops.
The Washington Times reported:

For much of the past seven years, President Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney have waged a clandestine operation inside the White House. It has involved thousands of military personnel, private presidential letters and meetings that were kept off their public calendars or sometimes left the news media in the dark.

Their mission: to comfort the families of soldiers who died fighting in Afghanistan and Iraq since the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks and to lift the spirits of those wounded in the service of their country.

On Monday, the president is set to make a more common public trip – with reporters in tow – to Walter Reed Army Medical Center, home to many of the wounded and a symbol of controversy earlier in his presidency over the quality of care the veterans were receiving.

But the size and scope of Mr. Bush’s and Mr. Cheney’s private endeavors to meet with wounded soliders and families of the fallen far exceed anything that has been witnessed publicly, according to interviews with more than a dozen officials familiar with the effort.

“People say, ‘Why would you do that?’” the president said in an Oval Office interview with The Washington Times on Friday. “And the answer is: This is my duty. The president is commander in chief, but the president is often comforter in chief, as well. It is my duty to be – to try to comfort as best as I humanly can a loved one who is in anguish.”

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...ent-form-letters-to-families-of-fallen-seals/

What is protocol?

Protocol? Seriously? How about, what is common decency?

If your son was killed in Afghanistan, would you want a form letter? It isn't like WWII when thousands were being killed every day, and a telegraph was all you got. This was just five men. Skip a ball game and take the time.

Last edited:
What is protocol?

If your son was killed in Afghanistan, would you want a form letter? That would be a knife to the gut to me.

I think it would be interesting to know what previous CIC's have done. I would expect that there is precedent for this.

I've found some info to support this hunch...but nothing that I would use as evidence. Anyone else?

What is protocol?

If your son was killed in Afghanistan, would you want a form letter? That would be a knife to the gut to me.

I think it would be interesting to know what previous CIC's have done. I would expect that there is precedent for this.

I've found some info to support this hunch...but nothing that I would use as evidence. Anyone else?

Lincoln hand wrote letters. Very moving ones. He was a master. And he frequented the front lines, even going so far as to demean himself for the amusement of the troops.

WWII, we had thousands killed on some days, and so families got nothing more than a telegram.

This was a helicopter crash which killed five men. Five. Skip a basketball game and take the time!

It's normal for form letters to be sent. It would be a rarity to have something hand written. Not the other way around. Fail.

My dear Sir and Madam,

In the untimely loss of your noble son, our affliction here, is scarcely less than your own. So much of promised usefulness to one’s country, and of bright hopes for one’s self and friends, have rarely been so suddenly dashed, as in his fall. In size, in years, and in youthful appearance, a boy only, his power to command men, was surpassingly great. This power, combined with a fine intellect, an indomitable energy, and a taste altogether military, constituted in him, as seemed to me, the best natural talent, in that department, I ever knew. And yet he was singularly modest and deferential in social intercourse. My acquaintance with him began less than two years ago; yet through the latter half of the intervening period, it was as intimate as the disparity of our ages, and my engrossing engagements, would permit. To me, he appeared to have no indulgences or pastimes; and I never heard him utter a profane, or intemperate word. What was conclusive of his good heart, he never forgot his parents. The honors he labored for so laudably, and, in the sad end, so gallantly gave his life, he meant for them, no less than for himself.

In the hope that it may be no intrusion upon the sacredness of your sorrow, I have ventured to address you this tribute to the memory of my young friend, and your brave and early fallen child.

May God give you that consolation which is beyond all earthly power. Sincerely your friend in a common affliction –

A. Lincoln

New Topics

Forum List

Back