Obama owes thanks, apology, to CIA

The BBC admits that it leans left. It's been criticized for years for their left wing bias. The Guardian is Britain's major left wing newspaper. Why and I not surprised that your 'sources' all lean left? Where the hell is your balance?

Again, those are just two sources that I listed. You're making the assumption that's all of them. Though you even ignored foreign policy in your attack against me. Furthermore, the BBC is also very fair in it's POV and certainly a lot better than any U.S news channel.

Foreign policy, The Economist, CATO Institute, Politico, and LewRockwell for example are all left wing leaning though? Interesting. I'd go on, but I really have nothing to prove to you or anyone else here. I get my news from many sources, not just one. And that's all there is to it.

As do I, so I wonder why your opinions are always so damned left leaning? Mine aren't always right leaning.... I totally agree re the Economist. :eusa_angel: My absolute fav mag.... but I am biased.

The BBC is not 'fair', it is ridiculously unfair more often than not.... but I suspect you don't see as much of that as I do. I watch the UK version, not their international.

Modbert, you think Cato Institute is left wing? I always thought they were basically libertarian with a lean to the right. Which pretty much sums me up too, although I do hold a few positions to the left of center on a couple of social issues.

Obama got more then he bargained for today.

He's pounding his chest about the work of the military and the CIA, yet he's still trying to prosecute them behind the scenes.

Well, one 9/11 family member let him know about it this morning....and he said he wouldn't do anything to stop it.
Debra Burlingame, who lost her pilot brother on 9/11 when his plane crashed into the Pentagon, had a reportedly chilly exchange with President Barack Obama today. During a meeting with a select group of 9/11 families, Obama greeted Burlingame and even hugged her after a few pleasantries.

But when Burlingame asked about Eric Holder’s plan to file criminal charges against CIA interrogators, Obama’s friendly manner allegedly stiffened.

Burlingame asked Obama if he would voice his opinion to Holder on the matter of the investigation of the CIA interrogators. She said, “I know that as a former attorney … you can’t tell the AG what to do in an investigation, but these [the interrogators] are unsung heroes….and they have been exonerated in two justice department investigations. But that didn’t satisfy Eric Holder….Would you, in light of what’s happened, speak to him about standing them [the investigating prosecutors] down?”

Obama allegedly responded that Burlingame is right, that he cannot tell Holder how to conduct his investigation. Burlingame jumped in, saying, yes but “You can give him your opinion, will you do that?”

Obama said, “No I won’t.” And then he allegedly turned and walked away.

Burlingame suggested, “You can do it privately.”

Obama allegedly responded, “No.”

Burlingame describes all of this in the two clips below—the first from Fox, the second from Sean Hannity.
Obama Walks Away From 9/11 Family Member Who Asks About Investigation of CIA Interrogators | The Blaze

Obama got more then he bargained for today.

He's pounding his chest about the work of the military and the CIA, yet he's still trying to prosecute them behind the scenes.

Well, one 9/11 family member let him know about it this morning....and he said he wouldn't do anything to stop it.
Debra Burlingame, who lost her pilot brother on 9/11 when his plane crashed into the Pentagon, had a reportedly chilly exchange with President Barack Obama today. During a meeting with a select group of 9/11 families, Obama greeted Burlingame and even hugged her after a few pleasantries.

But when Burlingame asked about Eric Holder’s plan to file criminal charges against CIA interrogators, Obama’s friendly manner allegedly stiffened.

Burlingame asked Obama if he would voice his opinion to Holder on the matter of the investigation of the CIA interrogators. She said, “I know that as a former attorney … you can’t tell the AG what to do in an investigation, but these [the interrogators] are unsung heroes….and they have been exonerated in two justice department investigations. But that didn’t satisfy Eric Holder….Would you, in light of what’s happened, speak to him about standing them [the investigating prosecutors] down?”

Obama allegedly responded that Burlingame is right, that he cannot tell Holder how to conduct his investigation. Burlingame jumped in, saying, yes but “You can give him your opinion, will you do that?”

Obama said, “No I won’t.” And then he allegedly turned and walked away.

Burlingame suggested, “You can do it privately.”

Obama allegedly responded, “No.”

Burlingame describes all of this in the two clips below—the first from Fox, the second from Sean Hannity.
Obama Walks Away From 9/11 Family Member Who Asks About Investigation of CIA Interrogators | The Blaze

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

It's this kind of thing that's going to totally fuck up Obama in 2012:

The Impossible Congruance of Liberal Theory with Reality.

Wait until he cannot simply walk away from the questions, and must answer to a Republican Candidate during a debate: He'll fucking MELTDOWN.

Last edited:
It's been seven years since Spec. Joseph M. Darby copied pictures of prisoner abuse at Abu Ghraib and we need to remember what got it all started, and what it has led to.

I would like to take the time to award President Obama
a medal to recognize his work in the war on terror
(Overseas Contingency Operation).

28oped-art-articleInline.jpg

For Those Who Just Said No More Torture

The NYTimes posted this with the help of the ACLU. I'd like to name it the "Barack Obama Presidential Torture Medal".

Last edited:
Obama has turned what should have been a straight forward announcement of bin Laden's death and acknowledgement of the CIA, Seals, and other key personnel who did the hard work over the years which led to the successful operation into an EPIC FAIL OF PR.

The incredible P.R. catastrophe of the confused, endlessly revised White House account of the bin Laden raid is a natural result of politicians scrambling to control the spotlight, instead of dutifully reporting an important military action to the American public. They confused the idea of shaping a political narrative with the notion of controlling history. In the process, they turned one of the most important missions ever undertaken by the Navy SEALs into a quantum event, in which our heroic soldiers took down a Schroedinger’s Cat who was either armed or unarmed, resisting or surrendering, protected by either a private army or a pack of lightly-armed goons, and either hiding or not hiding behind a woman who was either his wife or daughter, and is now either alive or dead.

Why the Bounce Won’t Last - HUMAN EVENTS

This is why Nuanced Leadership is ineffective.

Forum List

Back