Obama.. out on a limb...

Lumpy 1

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2009
So.. as I understand it...

Obama left the cutting to the "Super Committee" in his jobs speech...:eusa_whistle:

What..?

This leading from behind thing...it's not working out so well...:wtf:

Obama left the cutting to the "Super Committee" in his jobs speech...:eusa_whistle:

What..?

How does cutting alone create jobs? Even starting a new business takes three to five years normally of investment before a company is in the black.

What..?

How does cutting alone create jobs? Even starting a new business takes three to five years normally of investment before a company is in the black.

Is anyone aware of triangle cutting? Serious question.
I agree that new business needs at least a three year curve...at least that's what it USED to be!

What..?

Certainly, cutting alone doesn't create jobs.. but.. if your going to say somethings paid for... well, you ought to present a plan on how, turning it over to a "Super Committee" is chicken shit.. definitely not leading..

and your business model works for me also..

I'm fairly sure you've been wrong before though...:lol:

What..?

Government does not create added value jobs. It can only create public sector jobs... if you want to see the result of that little experiment, I would suggest you look at Europe. They've been 'creating jobs' for a decade... and look at the clusterfuck that they have found themselves in.

Government's responsibility is to manage the economic climate in which the private sector can create jobs. That means - whether you like it or not - that throwing yet more money into this abyss is just not a smart move.

What..?

Certainly, cutting alone doesn't create jobs.. but.. if your going to say somethings paid for... well, you ought to present a plan on how, turning it over to a "Super Committee" is chicken shit.. definitely not leading..

and your business model works for me also..

I'm fairly sure you've been wrong before though...:lol:

Moi?... Bite your tongue knave! :lol:

What..?

Government does not create added value jobs. It can only create public sector jobs... if you want to see the result of that little experiment, I would suggest you look at Europe. They've been 'creating jobs' for a decade... and look at the clusterfuck that they have found themselves in.

Government's responsibility is to manage the economic climate in which the private sector can create jobs. That means - whether you like it or not - that throwing yet more money into this abyss is just not a smart move.

Not so fast EnglishGirl! Eisenhower's interstate hyways created jobs and provided much needed transportation corridors that made it possible for millions more jobs to follow in the public sector.. Same could be said for Hoover Dam.

Last edited:

Not so fast EnglishGirl! Eisenhower's interstate hyways created jobs and provided much needed transportation corridors that made it possible for millions more jobs to follow in the public sector.. Same could be said for Hoover Dam.

I'm aware of that. I'm also aware that we've already paid for those jobs once. I am not in the habit of paying twice for the same work. Are you? If they wasted the money last time around, that is their problem. It is not the problem of the taxpayer. You don't get a 'do over' for fucking up the first time around.

And don't call me English. Idiot.

Not only that..when the government buys cars from GM..that's government spending, it creates demand, which creates jobs, and allows the police to chase the bad guys down in some fine automobiles.

It's all just more of the same old Obama horse shit. He says he's going to pay for it with money that the "Super Committee" comes up with. Well, how do you spend money you haven't even saved yet? Isn't that like counting your chickens before they even hatch?

I'm aware of that. I'm also aware that we've already paid for those jobs once. I am not in the habit of paying twice for the same work. Are you? If they wasted the money last time around, that is their problem. It is not the problem of the taxpayer. You don't get a 'do over' for fucking up the first time around.

And don't call me English. Idiot.

What do you want to be called? You are no more Californian than I am a diaper. :evil:

Forum List

Back