CDZ Obama Not A Christian?

Freedomlover

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2008
An article was posted on the CNN website raising this question. Before you get you panties in a wad I want to flatly state that I do not think Obama is Muslim. However, during his time in office has exhibited a leaning toward Muslim organizations and countries at the expense of Isreal. This leaning has been observed by individuals closer to following Obama day by day and his unwillingness to even say the words "Muslim Terrorists".

I believe he has a deep settled conflict about Islam going back to the years he spent in a Muslim school during the time he lived in Indonesia. This conflict remains because, in the words of an old proverb, "train up a child in the way he should go and when he is older he will not depart from it". Just sayin'...

"Before you get you panties in a wad..."

Why did you start a thread in the CDZ with an insult and flaming?

"Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment. For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad. Would you have no fear of the one who is in authority? Then do what is good, and you will receive his approval, for he is God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer. Therefore one must be in subjection, not only to avoid God's wrath but also for the sake of conscience. ..."

Romans 13:1-7 ESV

An article was posted on the CNN website raising this question. Before you get you panties in a wad I want to flatly state that I do not think Obama is Muslim. However, during his time in office has exhibited a leaning toward Muslim organizations and countries at the expense of Isreal. This leaning has been observed by individuals closer to following Obama day by day and his unwillingness to even say the words "Muslim Terrorists".

I believe he has a deep settled conflict about Islam going back to the years he spent in a Muslim school during the time he lived in Indonesia. This conflict remains because, in the words of an old proverb, "train up a child in the way he should go and when he is older he will not depart from it". Just sayin'...

You have not supported your contention at all. Would you like to try?

I strongly suspect that there are many people who claim to be Christian but who are not sincere, practicing Christians.

These people make the claim out of some sense of obligation or peer pressure or convenience or advantage.

And surely no group would be more represented in this class than professional politicians.

Anyone who worries about if Obama Not A Christian?is mentally damaged

He is not nor has he ever been a muslim. I don't think religion plays a significant role in his life, which is fine by me.

The support he's shown for muslims is an attempt at peace in my opinion. The U.S. and Israeli strategy for peace over the last decades in the Middle East has been a complete failure. You can't knock him for trying something new.

You do know that being a Christian and one's standing on Israel have nothing to do with each other whatsoever, right?

Your OP does not make any sense at all.

He does not believe in consensus and inclusion for both sides equally yet.
His work is still supporting the underdogs left out of the equation and take their side disproportionately
to make up for the emphasis that has been on the other side.
that is part of the process but it is not neutral or equal.
it will likely take the next stage, of taking these groups and then mediating
between them to form a consensus in Christ.
But since he has mixed in with one side more than the other,
he now is seen as having a conflict of interest investing more on one side
so he is no longer neutral enough to bring about facilitation including all sides equally.

only Christ can fully mediate between all people and God's centralizing truth.
So it will take more people to meet in the middle
since Obama has swung too far to one side to balance Bush.

He is not nor has he ever been a muslim. I don't think religion plays a significant role in his life, which is fine by me.

The support he's shown for muslims is an attempt at peace in my opinion. The U.S. and Israeli strategy for peace over the last decades in the Middle East has been a complete failure. You can't knock him for trying something new.[/QUOTE]

I agree with a lot of this. HOWEVER, I really do not understand his hesitancy in calling radical islamic terrorism exactly what it is. If you are going to try to solve a problem, you must first honestly evaluate what the problem is and at least publicly, he doesn't seem willing to do that.

Anyone who worries about if Obama Not A Christian?is mentally damaged
Not a fair statement.
Unless you are talking generally that all people question things they don't understand
and cannot reconcile, and when this hurts our feelings then we get emotionally damaged and it impairs our judgment.
So yes, we all get biased and skew our judgment when we cannot forgive conflicts.
so all people go through this and we have all suffered damages from it, yes.

No, Emily, I believe the OP is corrupt in concept, so my statement is an acceptable evaluation why one would think otherwise.

The man is by statement, baptism, and attendance a Christian.

He believes in consensus in playing fairly: the Christians are having problems not being given precedence. Tough.

Any who oppose that have to an ulterior motive other than the truth of the matter.

The president is a Christian because he says he is, no other 'proof' is required, and no other Christian has the authority to say otherwise lest he violates a fundamental tenet of his faith.

And that this non-issue is an 'issue' to some on the right illustrates the partisan idiocy common to many conservatives.

He's to smart to believe organized religions. He just can't admit it

Forum List

Back