Obama lets states opt out of No Child Left Behind

Too much about him and executive authority. It is an indictment of the political system that this is necessary. But I have yet to see him bring a proposal forward that would fix the problems.

What I see here is waivers for favors. NCLB was all about accountability. I dont see anything in here where he makes accountability part of the reason for waivers.

Too much about him and executive authority. It is an indictment of the political system that this is necessary. But I have yet to see him bring a proposal forward that would fix the problems.

What I see here is waivers for favors. NCLB was all about accountability. I dont see anything in here where he makes accountability part of the reason for waivers.

I partially agree with you as well. The waivers need to be done legislatively. The Congress really needs to crack down on the president's power to issue executive orders because it is happening way too much and as time goes on the various presidents are consolidating more and more power into the executive branch by way of these orders.

No big surprise here, he is letting his corporate buddies opt our of Obama care if they contribute to his campaign fund. That is who he is. No child left behind is a jobe until parents get back involved with their schools and quite blaming them for their childs abysmal behavior at school.

You mean promising to throw money at schools doesn't work? How about finding a new program that can throw three times the money at the problem? Under funding, that's the issue. Anybody want to try the math? Didn't think so.

Democrats have been crying about education standards since Bush enacted NCLB because it puts lazy incompetent union teachers on the spot if their students continue to fail. Barry threw the teachers union a bone and now they can have more time for political rallies.

Black and Hispanics schools will be happy.

White schools will probably keep the higher standards.

New Topics

Forum List

Back