Obama labor day speech turns UGLY--Hoffa Jr. threatens Tea Party

oreo

Gold Member
Sep 15, 2008
rocky mountains
The rhetoric coming from speakers at the event was already heated before Hoffa took the stage. Hoffa then declared there's a "war on workers" and vowed that organized labor would "remember in November" which lawmakers were opposing the president's agenda.

"We've got to keep an eye on the battle that we face -- a war on workers. And you see it everywhere. It is the Tea Party," he said. "And there's only one way to beat and win that war -- the one thing about working people is, we like a good fight."

Hoffa called on workers to get involved in opposing Tea Party-aligned lawmakers next November.

"President Obama, this is your army, we are ready to march," Hoffa said. "But everybody here's got to vote. If we go back, and keep the eye on the prize, let's take these son-of-a-bitches out."

WHITE HOUSE LABOR EVENTS TURN UGLY - Teamsters - Fox Nation

What was that speech from Obama about civil discourse---:cuckoo::cuckoo: Funny--I am a tea party member and didn't know that we were against the working man in this country-because we too are working men and women.

I just can't get over the fact that you can get 2 MILLION tea party members in a group in Washington D.C. without any arrests, violence or talk of violence against others-and you get a small group of Lefties together--and they come out swinging & slinging threats against other law abiding--taxpaying citizens--every single time.

Any of you liberals want to comment on this?--:cuckoo:

$2 million tea-partiers.jpg

This is a vast right-wing conspiracy and a lie! We all KNOW that the liberals and Democrats would NEVER use violent rhetoric when talking about their opposition.

And Obama took the stage shortly there after and condemned such vile hate speech.

Oh wait, he actually thanked the union thug didn't he.

Damn Sarah Palin for causing Giffords attacker to do what he did. /sarcasm

Where is truth-matters-not-a-whit to blast this blatant and obvious civil discourse and violent political imagery?

I'm shocked she hasn't commented. Shocked I tell ya!

When did Conservatives start caring about political correctness?

When did Obama demand the same civility from his party that he did of the opposition?

Who cares?

Seriously, who the fuck cares what Obama says?

You guys are trying to "point out hypocrisy", but in doing so, you're being equally hypocritical.

When did Obama demand the same civility from his party that he did of the opposition?

Who cares?

You guys are trying to "point out hypocrisy", but in doing so, you're being equally hypocritical.
Yeah, not really. But if that lets you feel you've sufficiently excused the left's hypocrisy, go for it.

Who cares?

I care. As everyone should. When a politician says the (enemy) is to blame for this or that and then turns around and says do as I say and not as I do. Fuck Obama.

Who cares?

Yeah, not really. But if that lets you feel you've sufficiently excused the left's hypocrisy, go for it.

"The left" isn't a single unit. There's no such thing as "the left's" hypocrisy. There are only individuals.

If you remember, after the Giffords shooting, I argued against the morons who blamed it on Palin, and held the exact same position I hold now.

Whereas, I see many people who talk about how they hate political correctness, attacked Obama incessantly for calling for "civility", and then whine like children anytime a Democrat says anything that could be drunkenly interpreted as "uncivil".

Who cares?

I care. As everyone should. When a politician says the (enemy) is to blame for this or that and then turns around and says do as I say and not as I do. Fuck Obama.

Who did Obama "blame" for anything? Why do you care so much about what Obama says?

Does it really affect your life at all if the Teamsters boss says that the Tea Party should be "taken out"?

Who cares?

Who did Obama "blame" for anything? Why do you care so much about what Obama says?

Does it really affect your life at all if the Teamsters boss says that the Tea Party should be "taken out"?

Your right, I guess I shouldn't care if members of the TP are assaulted or injured. It's just "liberals acting stupidly" like the Cambridge police.

Your right, I guess I shouldn't care if members of the TP are assaulted or injured. It's just "liberals acting stupidly" like the Cambridge police.

Do you think that that kid shot Gabbie Giffords because Palin said to?

Who cares?

B.S--this is the left side of the isle--the ones that faint over Obama speeches--now if they won't LISTEN to their Messiah when it comes to civil discourse--how can anyone else be expected too--:cuckoo:

The point being again--you don't hear this kind of hateful rhetoric coming from tea party members across this country--who's membership is in the millions--now--but you get a small group of liberals together and watch the hell out---:lol: You never know what's going to come out of their mouths.

Of course not. But don't you think that if we expect our politicians to make any progress such stupid pointless rhetoric would be better left out of the public discourse?

Of course not. But don't you think that if we expect our politicians to make any progress such stupid pointless rhetoric would be better left out of the public discourse?

Well, if you don't think that Palin caused the Giffords shooting, don't you think it's a little hypocritical to blame a hypothetical future incident on the Teamster boss's comments?

In larger terms, I think political discourse would be better without the rhetoric. But I'm also not retarded, and know that'll never happen. Both sides do it constantly, all the time. I don't particularly like it, but I also don't really care.

That was Labor Day speech, for all working Americans.... oh, it was Union Labor speech, and campaign stop.

Hoffa should resign.

Period.

No but the media and New York Times insinuated it was Palin's fault within 2 hours after the shooting and before they even knew who the suspect was.

Well, if you don't think that Palin caused the Giffords shooting, don't you think it's a little hypocritical to blame a hypothetical future incident on the Teamster boss's comments?

In larger terms, I think political discourse would be better without the rhetoric. But I'm also not retarded, and know that'll never happen. Both sides do it constantly, all the time. I don't particularly like it, but I also don't really care.

There's a huge difference here--and I am not going to let you get away with such a ridiculous comment.

Jim Hoffa--Jr. just put a target on tea party members backs--calling them son-of-a-bitches--and we're going to "take" them out.

Palin using a simple term--targeting districts (which btw democrats USE all of the time or districts in the cross-hairs) cannot even come close to Hoffa's statement--regarding a segment of population in this country. And if you've ever seen UNION thugs--they can get very violent--if they feel they have an enemy--and Hoffa just told them who their enemy is.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back