Obama immigration shift a hit with voters, says new poll

Amazing how out of touch the extreme right is on this isssue.

Obama Immigration Policy Favored 2-To-1 By Likely Voters

President Barack Obama is winning the opening round in the battle over immigration, according to a Bloomberg poll released today, putting Republicans on the defensive with his decision to end the deportations of some illegal immigrants brought to the U.S. as children,

Sixty-four percent of likely voters surveyed after Obama’s June 15 announcement said they agreed with the policy, while 30 percent said they disagreed. Independents backed the decision by better than a two-to-one margin.

What about the fact that the president has no power to change the law don't you get?

it doesn't matter if people favor it or not. If he wants to change immigration laws then he has one and only one way to do it.

The president does, indeed, have the power to set policy.

3 USC Sec. 301:

The President of the United States is authorized to designate and
empower the head of any department or agency in the executive
branch, or any official thereof who is required to be appointed by
and with the advice and consent of the Senate, to perform without
approval, ratification, or other action by the President (1) any
function which is vested in the President by law, or (2) any
function which such officer is required or authorized by law to
perform only with or subject to the approval, ratification, or
other action of the President: Provided, That nothing contained
herein shall relieve the President of his responsibility in office
for the acts of any such head or other official designated by him
to perform such functions. Such designation and authorization shall
be in writing, shall be published in the Federal Register, shall be
subject to such terms, conditions, and limitations as the President
may deem advisable, and shall be revocable at any time by the
President in whole or in part.

Amazing how out of touch the extreme right is on this isssue.

Obama Immigration Policy Favored 2-To-1 By Likely Voters

What about the fact that the president has no power to change the law don't you get?

it doesn't matter if people favor it or not. If he wants to change immigration laws then he has one and only one way to do it.
The president is not changing the law. He is changing the priorities of INS in regard to deportation which is well within his powers of office. The executive branch of government, be it federal, state, or local decides which laws will be enforced.

He is telling law enforcement to exempt certain people from the law.

He does not have that right.

Obama's short term solution to a life long problem. Stop them at the border; put the military at the border - thousands of problems solved just with that move.

The president is not changing the law. He is changing the priorities of INS in regard to deportation which is well within his powers of office. The executive branch of government, be it federal, state, or local decides which laws will be enforced.

You may think he's wrong in issuing the order, but he certainly has the legal right. Presidents have always had the right to allocated federal law enforcement resources and set priorities.

He DOES have the right to tell his subordinates in the Executive branch how to perform their jobs. See above.

Damn, Bloomberg are on a roll with polls today. This one... based on 734 people. 734 and the left are calling this a 'shift'? I think they may have added an 'f'.

Damn, Bloomberg are on a roll with polls today. This one... based on 734 people. 734 and the left are calling this a 'shift'? I think they may have added an 'f'.

yep, and the desperate Obamabots are all over them like flies on a pile of crap

end thread

It warrants repeating...

4 percent of voters naming it as their leading concern.
I could care less if 100% of the 4% said it was a good thing. It only weighs highly in the minds of 4 fucking % of the respondents. Big deal.

No, your interpretation is why President Obama will have a second term. 4% said it was a prime concern. That did not mean that the other 96% was not in favor of it. Seems that a very high percentage of the other 96% is in favor of it, even if it is not a prime concern. And the reactions of those that are once again doing the "Let him die, let him die" type of reaction are definately alienating many moderates and independents for whom this is not an issue.

what is 4% of 734?

Jeeez, do any of you guys actually read the fucking details of these polls? 734 people polled... and you're telling me that tells an intelligent person anything of value? Seriously?

Are you fucking nutz?

734... all that tells me is that Bloomberg don't want to pay for genuine informative polls... and fucking morons will repeat whatever bullshit they read without investigating.

yep, and the desperate Obamabots are all over them like flies on a pile of crap

Does seem to be a habit today. TruthMocker (that bastion of rational thought... not) posted another Bloomberg bullshit today ranting that this proved how popular Obama's economic policy is. Only 33% of those polled disagreed...... I asked her what 33% of 1,002 people is. She didn't answer.

What do these polls tell me? They tell me that stupid people believe whatever is convenient for their views.

Not to mention the cost of apprehending, processing, and transporting 10-15 million people. We can't afford enough border guards and technology to keep them out in the 1st place, where do we get the cash to round them up and send them back?

But we can find money to build a high-speed train system almost no one will use and give a failing company risky loans?

Excuses excuses. That's all we hear when it comes to immigration enforcement debates. "It's too expensive to deport them all" or "What about the children?" or "We don't want to offend them" or whatever some bleeding heart POS can come up with.

"Changing ICE's priorities" is what he has done several times since he was elected. Every time he "changes priorities", he's moving a step closer to complete amnesty for all.

Not to mention the cost of apprehending, processing, and transporting 10-15 million people. We can't afford enough border guards and technology to keep them out in the 1st place, where do we get the cash to round them up and send them back?

But we can find money to build a high-speed train system almost no one will use and give a failing company risky loans?

Excuses excuses. That's all we hear when it comes to immigration enforcement debates. "It's too expensive to deport them all" or "What about the children?" or "We don't want to offend them" or whatever some bleeding heart POS can come up with.

Well - illegal immigration truly is a double edged sword that cuts both sides of the aisle, so we probably can't expect this issue to get anything more than lip service. On the D side, this is seen as an humanitarian issue. On the R side, it's economics. There's no middle ground.

So.... Bush starts building a bigger fence which eventually loses funding (we don't want to lose the migrant farmers), and Obama starts a program to help the kids gain legal status (we want those migrant farmers better educated).

Obama's new immigration order is unconstitutional. He even said so.

PICKET: (VIDEO) Obama 2011 - I can't stop deportations by executive order - Washington Times

With respect to the notion that I could suspend deportations through executive order, that's just not the case, because there are laws on the books that Congress has passed and I know that everybody here at Bell is studying hard so you know we have three branches of government. Congresses passes the law. The executive branch's job is to enforce and implement those laws and then the judiciary has to interpret the law. There are enough laws on the books by Congress that are very clear in terms of how we have to enforce our immigration system, that for me through simply an executive order ignore those mandates would not conform with my appropriate role as president.

obama no longer cares about the Constitution. He is convinced that people will vote the Constitution out of existence if given the chance. And, we will be given the chance, in November.

Politicians who support amnesty suffer in elections. No matter what attractive polls say.

"Changing ICE's priorities" is what he has done several times since he was elected. Every time he "changes priorities", he's moving a step closer to complete amnesty for all.
There is only two options. Deport them or absorb them into society. You guys on the right don't seem to realize that deporting 10 or 15 million people is not going happen.

Last edited:
This has become the left's new catch phrase: You can't get rid of them!

Forum List

Back