Obama Granted Environmental Exemption To Build Sea Wall Around His New Hawaiian Property

Obama is being given special considerations almost nobody else would ever receive:

View attachment 480990

This property used to be the filming location for Magnum P.I.
The buildings that were the set locations for episodes during the series have been bull-dozed, and they are currently in the process of building a sprawling luxury beachfront property that the Obama family will soon be living in...at least for vacations.

Wealth has it's privilages....even for leaders who admire countries like Cuba and China.

This story is co-published with ProPublica, a nonprofit newsroom that investigates abuses of power. The Honolulu Star-Advertiser is a member of the ProPublica Local Reporting Network.

Strange how every Democrat seems to have entered office owing money but leaving office rich as shit.

Is that really the best you can do? "...even for leaders who admire countries like Cuba and China"??? And according to Wikipedia's list of presidents by net worth, Obama has had a peak net worth of $40 million. Trump is estimated to have a current net worth of $2.4 billion or SIXTY TIMES Obama's worth. If there's something wrong with being wealthy, Trump is Satan to Obama's shoplifting.

PS, this thread is off forum topic.
The problem isn't wealth,......it's how you got your wealth.
Obama only became wealthy because he did something as president he shouldn't be doing....and still is doing today.
How else could a man become a multi-millionaire, who before he became a US Senator could barely afford a bus ticket to the DNC? His declared wealth isn't a true indication of what he's worth. Especially when drug dealers in Hawaii he's helped make tons of cash are giving him multi-million dollar properties to use whenever he wants.
The fact that he was exempted from the rules the rest of us have to obey is a perfect illustration of this culture. This two-tiered justice system where the rich and the influential get special treatment that you and I never would receive.

Bernie Sanders gets a new beachfront property every time he loses an election....a bribe for allowing Hillary and then Biden to steal the presidency away from him. These people are total phonies. Telling us "There comes a time when you've made enough money", and "The rich must pay their fair share" yet they live in their multiple mansions with their $10,000 refrigerators filled with only the most expensive ice-cream.....and paying lower taxes than most businesses do.

What do you believe Obama has done - that you say he shouldn't do - to earn the money he has? You didn't say. A rather odd omission.
When it comes to drug dealers...he's made sure we have open borders so they could traffic drugs.
When it comes to hedgefunders he's made sure that our economy suffers from volatility which is when hedgefunders make their billions. (George Soros)
When it comes to weapons manufacturers....he started two wars and got us back into Afghanistan.
When it comes to China...he shipped all of our manufacturing overseas.
When it comes to Russia...he ended manned spaceflights and handed it off to Russia.
When it comes to energy...he helps stifle energy production in the US to help Russian and Ukrainian energy producers.

This is only the stuff I can prove.
No telling what else he has gotten kickbacks from.

Are you spitting out that nonsense to please your fans or are you actually that stupid?
Leave Mud alone because yes, he is that stupid.

Obama is being given special considerations almost nobody else would ever receive:

View attachment 480990

The buildings that were the set locations for episodes during the series have been bull-dozed, and they are currently in the process of building a sprawling luxury beachfront property that the Obama family will soon be living in...at least for vacations.

Wealth has it's privilages....even for leaders who admire countries like Cuba and China.

This story is co-published with ProPublica, a nonprofit newsroom that investigates abuses of power. The Honolulu Star-Advertiser is a member of the ProPublica Local Reporting Network.

Strange how every Democrat seems to have entered office owing money but leaving office rich as shit.

Courtesy of Google Earth's view of Oahu. The 2nd image is Obama's property.

1618759392363.png

1618759440435.png

1618759493835.png

1618759730515.png

1618759771121.png

1618759877905.png

1618760195266.png

View attachment 480990

View attachment 481296

View attachment 481297

View attachment 481298

View attachment 481303

View attachment 481304

View attachment 481305

View attachment 481306
The second picture is what Obama's property looked like before construction began.
The seawall they plan to build hasn't been built yet....and needed an exemption to build.

Last edited:

View attachment 480990

View attachment 481296

View attachment 481297

View attachment 481298

View attachment 481303

View attachment 481304

View attachment 481305

View attachment 481306
The second picture is what Obama's property looked like before construction began.
The seawall they plan to build hasn't been built yet....and needed an exemption to build.

There is a seawall in that photo though in your photo, with the house razed the stone looks much fresher. I just found the following while looking for some details:

Notably, a decades-old seawall on the property is to be preserved. The issue has angered environmentalists active in Hawaii’s ecology, as the beach erosion caused by seawalls can be considerable and difficult or impossible to reverse. However, paying a steep fee to keep such seawalls intact is standard procedure in the fiftieth state in the Union.

So, Obama didn't build it. He just preserved it. One point to consider is that the amount of damage a seawall or a groin does to the beach depends on the magnitude of the longshore drift. If the average wave comes straight ashore, there is no longshore drift and the impact of a seawall or groin will be effectively nil. The loose stone also provides lots of nooks and crannies for sea life to occupy. I also found from the same article that the property cost $8.7 million, though that didn't include the new construction which I'd think will easily double that. Still, I live in Palm Beach County and every day I read of mansions in the area selling for $40-80 million so I'm not all that impressed with Obama's digs. Besides, he was elected POTUS of the United States, our first black president and, by the judgement of most Americans, did an incredibly good job with it, particularly considering Mitchell's idiotic stone wall. He deserves some special consideration. Certainly more than Trump deserves and look at all the crap he's demanding.

View attachment 480990

View attachment 481296

View attachment 481297

View attachment 481298

View attachment 481303

View attachment 481304

View attachment 481305

View attachment 481306

There is a seawall in that photo though in your photo, with the house razed the stone looks much fresher. I just found the following while looking for some details:

Notably, a decades-old seawall on the property is to be preserved. The issue has angered environmentalists active in Hawaii’s ecology, as the beach erosion caused by seawalls can be considerable and difficult or impossible to reverse. However, paying a steep fee to keep such seawalls intact is standard procedure in the fiftieth state in the Union.

So, Obama didn't build it. He just preserved it. One point to consider is that the amount of damage a seawall or a groin does to the beach depends on the magnitude of the longshore drift. If the average wave comes straight ashore, there is no longshore drift and the impact of a seawall or groin will be effectively nil. The loose stone also provides lots of nooks and crannies for sea life to occupy. I also found from the same article that the property cost $8.7 million, though that didn't include the new construction which I'd think will easily double that. Still, I live in Palm Beach County and every day I read of mansions in the area selling for $40-80 million so I'm not all that impressed with Obama's digs. Besides, he was elected POTUS of the United States, our first black president and, by the judgement of most Americans, did an incredibly good job with it, particularly considering Mitchell's idiotic stone wall. He deserves some special consideration. Certainly more than Trump deserves and look at all the crap he's demanding.
Sounds wonderful. What exactly has the first Black President done other than raise awareness to the divisions in this country. Racial divisions. Socio-economic divisions. So yes....if his job was to cause class-warfare in America....then he did his job well.

Getting back to the original point....environmentalists have their reasons to prevent anyone from building seawalls or making repairs on the existing seawall....because it causes beach erosion. Course Obama was given a pass....cuz he's a woke Democrat and knows the right people (and how to bribe/blackmail the right people into giving him pretty much whatever the Hell he wants or desires).

When it comes to some of these properties Obama owns...the property taxes he would have to pay is more than most of us make in a year. I'd be willing to bet he's gone around that and pays nothing....just for favors he might do for his friends in the city and county. Taking into consideration his condemnation of the rich while in office....this smacks of hypocrisy. Obama isn't the richest.....but thanks to the taxpayer....he sure lives like it.

View attachment 480990

View attachment 481296

View attachment 481297

View attachment 481298

View attachment 481303

View attachment 481304

View attachment 481305

View attachment 481306

Sounds wonderful. What exactly has the first Black President done other than raise awareness to the divisions in this country. Racial divisions. Socio-economic divisions. So yes....if his job was to cause class-warfare in America....then he did his job well.

Getting back to the original point....environmentalists have their reasons to prevent anyone from building seawalls or making repairs on the existing seawall....because it causes beach erosion. Course Obama was given a pass....cuz he's a woke Democrat and knows the right people (and how to bribe/blackmail the right people into giving him pretty much whatever the Hell he wants or desires).

When it comes to some of these properties Obama owns...the property taxes he would have to pay is more than most of us make in a year. I'd be willing to bet he's gone around that and pays nothing....just for favors he might do for his friends in the city and county. Taking into consideration his condemnation of the rich while in office....this smacks of hypocrisy. Obama isn't the richest.....but thanks to the taxpayer....he sure lives like it.

"Refreshing" a decades-old sea wall will cause VERY little additional damage to the beach. And he is not the only entity in Hawaii to get permission to maintain a sea wall. It appears that your only problem with Obama is that he is black, which your unwarranted attack on the man led me to believe in the first place. You have not provided evidence of ANY sort for ANY of the many accusations you've made. Where I come from that qualifies you as a Grade-A asshole.

View attachment 480990

View attachment 481296

View attachment 481297

View attachment 481298

View attachment 481303

View attachment 481304

View attachment 481305

View attachment 481306

"Refreshing" a decades-old sea wall will cause VERY little additional damage to the beach. And he is not the only entity in Hawaii to get permission to maintain a sea wall. It appears that your only problem with Obama is that he is black, which your unwarranted attack on the man led me to believe in the first place. You have not provided evidence of ANY sort for ANY of the many accusations you've made. Where I come from that qualifies you as a Grade-A asshole.
If the seawall isn't going to be touched....why the need for a special exemption? And anyone can tell from the photo in the OP that the seawall has damaged the beach....there isn't any beach in some places.

Is the reason I dislike Biden policies because he's Black?
Is the reason I dislike Nancy Pelosi because she's black?
The truth is many blacks don't like the games that Democrats are playing these days.
They don't like having to worry about hoodrats burning them out of house and home.
The problem I have with Ovomit isn't his skin color...but his hypocrisy.
He talks the talk....but like all socialist leaders...he doesn't walk the walk.
BTW, it didn't take long for you to bring up race. My wife of 42yrs is black, you race-baiting schmuck.

Whose beach would that be? Why, the Obamas. And who is very likely required to fund a bond to remove the wall and repair the beach on their exit? Why, the Obamas. And if you don't want me to think you're a racist bigot when you talk about the Obamas, stop throwing unsupported, racist accusations in his direction.

Whose beach would that be? Why, the Obamas. And who is very likely required to fund a bond to remove the wall and repair the beach on their exit? Why, the Obamas. And if you don't want me to think you're a racist bigot when you talk about the Obamas, stop throwing unsupported, racist accusations in his direction.
Blow it out your ass.
You're the asshole that brought up his skin color, not me.

You're the one who brought made unsupported and unsupportable accusations. As I said before, if you'd like to restore your reputation, present some actual evidence supporting those accusations. Or admit that none exists.

My staff tells me he is a happy camper. He is getting a mansion built, why wouldnt he be ?

I question your staff's ability to accurately evaluate facial expressions... The displeasure being expressed by local folks and his loopholes is causing former pbo some anguish...

Construction has been mired in controversy because the project used a planning loophole to retain a sea wall that is almost certainly causing beach erosion.

Some of the architects and construction workers present appeared to be carrying plans of the intricate design, but it seems the building, nestled in the Native Hawaiian community of Waimanalo, still has some way to go before it reaches presidential standards.

The developers are currently building three homes on the site including two swimming pools and a security fence on the three-acre parcel of beachfront land. (Global warming my ass... :banghead:)

But a century-old sea wall on the property is set to remain, despite state policies being introduced in recent years that were designed to preserve Hawaii’s natural coastlines. Environmental experts say structures such as beach walls actually cause coastal damage and beach erosion.

A loophole allowed the sellers of the property to obtain an easement on the sea wall for a one-time payment of $61,400 before it was sold in 2015, according to ProPublica.

Such easements have come under criticism in Hawaii, although they are relatively common with 120 being awarded over the past 20 years. The easement is essentially a 55-year lease on the public land that sits under the sea wall, giving the private property owner the ability to keep it.

Although the concrete structure protected the coastal estate from the sea in the past, it now contradicts modern laws that are specifically designed to preserve Hawaii’s natural coastlines.

Scientists and environmentalists say that while sea walls protect what is behind them, they do nothing to protect what lies in front and, in fact, are the main cause of beach loss throughout the state.

Sea walls such as the ones at Obama's estate essentially interrupt the natural flow of the ocean and prevent beaches from migrating inland.

The developers of Obama's property have been hoping to expand the sea wall, angering neighbors who note that the existing beach along the property has almost completely disappeared.

It's so nice to be special...
1644445842327.png

I question your staff's ability to accurately evaluate facial expressions... The displeasure being expressed by local folks and his loopholes is causing former pbo some anguish...

Construction has been mired in controversy because the project used a planning loophole to retain a sea wall that is almost certainly causing beach erosion.

Some of the architects and construction workers present appeared to be carrying plans of the intricate design, but it seems the building, nestled in the Native Hawaiian community of Waimanalo, still has some way to go before it reaches presidential standards.

The developers are currently building three homes on the site including two swimming pools and a security fence on the three-acre parcel of beachfront land. (Global warming my ass... :banghead:)

But a century-old sea wall on the property is set to remain, despite state policies being introduced in recent years that were designed to preserve Hawaii’s natural coastlines. Environmental experts say structures such as beach walls actually cause coastal damage and beach erosion.

A loophole allowed the sellers of the property to obtain an easement on the sea wall for a one-time payment of $61,400 before it was sold in 2015, according to ProPublica.

Such easements have come under criticism in Hawaii, although they are relatively common with 120 being awarded over the past 20 years. The easement is essentially a 55-year lease on the public land that sits under the sea wall, giving the private property owner the ability to keep it.

Although the concrete structure protected the coastal estate from the sea in the past, it now contradicts modern laws that are specifically designed to preserve Hawaii’s natural coastlines.

Scientists and environmentalists say that while sea walls protect what is behind them, they do nothing to protect what lies in front and, in fact, are the main cause of beach loss throughout the state.

Sea walls such as the ones at Obama's estate essentially interrupt the natural flow of the ocean and prevent beaches from migrating inland.

The developers of Obama's property have been hoping to expand the sea wall, angering neighbors who note that the existing beach along the property has almost completely disappeared.

It's so nice to be special...
View attachment 599383
My staff digs deeper than a screenshot of a facial expression. Upon further review they found that he was simply looking across the street at a car alarm that was going off. The moments that followed was an excited exchange as he is the pond the columns of his mansion and home to be. Happy as a clam

Forum List

Back