Obama Going To Trounce Mitt Romney In A Landslide

Aug 7, 2012
Going To Trounce Mitt Romney In A Landslide[/B][/URL]

by Brett LoGiurato at Business Insider

With two weeks to go before Election Day, a new Reuters/Ipsos forecast released today predicts an Electoral College landslide for President Barack Obama over Republican rival Mitt Romney.

Obama leads Romney by a point in the Reuters/Ipsos daily tracking poll, 47-46. But results from Ipsos' tracking in key swing states leads to a projection of a much bigger Electoral College victory. The Ipsos projection has Obama winning the big three swing states of Florida, Ohio and Virginia.

Ipsos' final Electoral College score: 332-206. Here's what the firm's projected map looks like:

http://www.businessinsider.com/obama-romney-electoral-college-map-reuters-poll-ipsos-2012-10

going to trounce mitt romney in a landslide[/b][/url]

by brett logiurato at business insider

with two weeks to go before election day, a new reuters/ipsos forecast released today predicts an electoral college landslide for president barack obama over republican rival mitt romney.

Obama leads romney by a point in the reuters/ipsos daily tracking poll, 47-46. But results from ipsos' tracking in key swing states leads to a projection of a much bigger electoral college victory. The ipsos projection has obama winning the big three swing states of florida, ohio and virginia.

Ipsos' final electoral college score: 332-206. Here's what the firm's projected map looks like:

Reuters' Electoral Map: Obama Crushes Romney - Business Insider

roflmao

With two weeks to go before Election Day, a new Reuters/Ipsos forecast released today predicts an Electoral College landslide for President Barack Obama over Republican rival Mitt Romney.

Obama leads Romney by a point in the Reuters/Ipsos daily tracking poll, 47-46. But results from Ipsos' tracking in key swing states leads to a projection of a much bigger Electoral College victory. The Ipsos projection has Obama winning the big three swing states of Florida, Ohio and Virginia.

Ipsos' final Electoral College score: 332-206. Here's what the firm's projected map looks like:

That looks about right. I don't think our President will take both NV and CO however.

You do realize obama is going to make a gun grab if elected?

you're delusional

seek professional help

you're delusional

seek professional help

well, to be fair, he didn't make up the numbers in that article.

but i think it's not reality to think this is going to be anything but close.

I think 332 - 206 is unlikely, but I still think around 300 - 230 is likely.

It may be very close - but it would not surprise me at all if it wasn't.

you're delusional

seek professional help

well, to be fair, he didn't make up the numbers in that article.

but i think it's not reality to think this is going to be anything but close.

What IS fair though, my dear friend, is to point out that after I explain in great detail right here, the difference between media polls and professional polls, the guy starts a thread claiming victory by quoting the projections of who? A media organization!

It's like taking today's poll set from RCP regarding New Hampshire that has the following:

Rasmussen: R+2
American Research Group: R+2
University of New Hampshire: O+9
PPP(D): R+1
Suffolk: Tie

....and making the argument that Obama is a lock to take New Hampshire because UNH says so. I don't mind if someone wants to make the argument that Obama will win, but come with something that isn't total bullshit. Jeez.

Not only is Romney going to win I am of the opinion that he will win the popular vote as well taking the wind out of the protesters getting ready now to scream he stole it.

Not only is Romney going to win I am of the opinion that he will win the popular vote as well taking the wind out of the protesters getting ready now to scream he stole it.

I do hope someone is saving this thread for posterity!

If romney does win the popular vote there shouldn't be complaints from anyone. That's democracy - even if people are voting for 1980.

I do hope someone is saving this thread for posterity!

If romney does win the popular vote there shouldn't be complaints from anyone. That's democracy - even if people are voting for 1980.

Make no mistake I dont care if he wins the popular vote cause we dont live in a democracy we live in a republic and all that matters is the electoral vote.

That looks about right. I don't think our President will take both NV and CO however.

You're right. He won't take either.

I love these guys, Avatar. They get trounced on one thread and so they start a new thread with the same BS and hope the results will be different.

In the final days the electorate is likely to move one way or the other. If it moves to Romney, then Romney might be able to pull it off, but he will have to pretty much run the table. On the other hand, if there is even a small movement toward the president, then Obama will see well over 300 in the EC.

I love these guys, Avatar. They get trounced on one thread and so they start a new thread with the same BS and hope the results will be different.

In the final days the electorate is likely to move one way or the other. If it moves to Romney, then Romney might be able to pull it off, but he will have to pretty much run the table. On the other hand, if there is even a small movement toward the president, then Obama will see well over 300 in the EC.

Oh, we will easily see over 300 in the EC for Romney

Uh huh. ok you are aware that historically the undecided voters break for the challenger right? That happens at roughly a 60% clip. Now you are aware that right now history is repeating itself in that regard right?

Now if we go just by RCP Romney has 206 and Obama has 201.

Now we can realistically make some reasonable calls here intheir toos up states. Romney will take Florida (29) and at this point almost certainly Virginia (13). That gives Romney 248. That means he needs 22 to win. We can give Michigan (16) and Pennsylvania (20) to Obama. That gives him 237. He needs 33 to win.

Let's look at Romney's paths to victory in order of likelihood:

1) Ohio and any other state (and he's looking strong and trending well in New Hampshire and Colorado - he will get one of them)

2) Wisconsin and two states from Iowa, Colorado, and Nevada.

3) Nevada, Colorado, Iowa, and New Hampshire

Well I would say 3 is one hell of a longshot. 2 is only slightly more realistic because logically it doesn't stand to reason that Romney would take Wisconsin and lose Ohio. But 1 is VERY possible and if trends continue, damn near likely.

Now let's look at Obama's paths to victory...

1) Ohio, Wisconsin, and one state between Nevada, Iowa, and Colorado.

2) Ohio, Colorado and one state between Iowa and Nevada.

3) Ohio, Iowa, Nevada, and New Hampshire

4) Wisconsin, Iowa, Nevada, Colorado, and New Hampshire

Ok....just forget about 4. Romney will pick off one so that really means he has to win Ohio and the trends are not looking good for him there. Even if he does, he still has to pick up Colorado or New Hampshire and neither of those are looking good for him now either.

Now I agree that things can change....the polls have not yet shown how the third debate will influence things. It's too early yet. We don't know what October surprise is coming from either side. I will say that the Benghazi emails sure aint gonna help Obama's cause.

No matter how it goes down though..neither of them will be scoring 300 fucking EVs. Just stop that horseshit right now.

New Topics

Forum List

Back