Obama-era warmonger Samantha Power gets called out for her anti-semitism

marvin martian

Diamond Member
Sep 29, 2020
Texas Hill Country
Ted Cruz and Rand Paul made mincemeat out of this Jew-hating relic of the Democrat war machine.

Samantha Power, nominated by President Joe Biden to led the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), testified Tuesday at her confirmation hearing that she did not think the Jewish Quarter of the Old City of Jerusalem was illegitimate and illegally occupied.

Power’s position is a direct contradiction of U.N. Security Council Resolution 2334, an anti-Israel resolution that she and the Obama administration allowed to pass by abstaining from a veto in December 2016.

As Breitbart News noted earlier this week, Power, who was then U.N. Ambassador played a key role in the vote on 2334:

Traditionally, the U.S. had vetoed such resolutions. But on his way out the door, President Barack Obama — who had long sought to create distance between the U.S. and Israel, and to pressure Israel into concessions to the Palestinians — allowed anti-Israel forces to prevail.
In her speech explaining the administration’s vote, Power claimed that the administration was following established U.S. policy against Israeli settlements in the territories won during the 1967 war. But the text of UN Security Council Resolution 2334 went beyond U.S. policy, condemning the Jewish presence in the Old City of Jerusalem.
President-elect Trump opposed the Obama administration’s actions. Once in office, he went on to reaffirm the legitimacy of Israel’s presence in the Old City, and moved the U.S. embassy to Jerusalem, defying the U.S. foreign policy establishment.
Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) asked Power directly whether she agreed with Resolution 2334. Power attempted to dodge the question, claiming that she had worked to establish Yom Kippur as a UN holiday, among other supposedly pro-Israel actions. Cruz asked for a direct answer:

Sen. Cruz: With respect, Ambassador Power, the time is limited.
Power: Right.
Sen. Cruz: And so if you could just answer the question I asked, do you agree with Resolution 2334? I recognize you may well have done other things that were positive concerning Israel. I’m focused on this action at the United Nations.
Power: I just would like to get on the record that under my leadership, we secured Yom Kippur as a U.N. holiday. We convened the first ever General Assembly condemning anti-Semitism in the same chamber as the “Zionism is racism resolution” was passed decades before, and we integrated Israel in a way that had never been done before — chairing committees, being able to actually be part of groups from which they had been traditionally excluded. I don’t think there is a record that looks as substantial when it comes to integrating Israel. On the resolution itself. It is a resolution in keeping with President Obama’s desire to encourage the parties to avoid unilateral steps, including terrorism, incitement to violence, and the building of settlements. Those dimensions of the resolution — I think if you read my explanation of vote at the time, the problem with the resolution and the reason President Obama decided to abstain, was by and large, the venue because the U.N. has been so biased, because there 18 General Assembly resolutions —
Sen. Cruz: Let’s get to a little bit more granularity. Do you believe the Jewish Quarter in Jerusalem is illegitimate and illegally occupied territory?
Power: Um, I do not.
Sen. Cruz: So do you disagree with the substance of Resolution 2334? Because that’s what it says.

You can disagree with politics by the Israeli government without being anti-Semitic.

Cruz and Paul are just media whores looking to get attention.

You can disagree with politics by the Israeli government without being anti-Semitic.

That's not what happened here. Read the article and the resolution so you don't look so stupid.
It is. I don’t need a screed from Breitbart to tell me what to think.

Cruz detroyed the dumb bitch. That transcript is perfect.

Do you agree with resolution 2334?

I like Mazto Ball soup.

Ted Cruz and Rand Paul made mincemeat out of this Jew-hating relic of the Democrat war machine.

Your understanding of history is all wrong.
It is true that UN resolution 2334 would condemn the illegal occupation of the historic old Jewish quarter of Jerusalem, but the eviction of Jews from the Old Quarter happened in 1949, and was totally justified as the Jewish occupants illegally rebelled and massacred hundreds of innocent and unarmed Arab Palestinians.
None of Jerusalem is legally part of Israel, and never has been.
Even when the original Hebrew invaders occupied the area around 1000 BC, they were illegal murderers.

And even if one were to accept the Old Quarter being open to Jewish occupation, Israel has illegally taken ALL of Jerusale, over 4 times just the Old Quarter, and is illegally displacing ancient Arab residencies, to build more illegal Jewish settlements.

Time after time, the Israel courts have illegally ruled against the legal Arab owners of these properties.
Thus invalidating the entire Israeli judicial system.
Israel is a totally corrupt and illegal military dictatorship that has to be destroyed completely.
There are 12 million Muslims in Israel/Palestine, and only 6 million Jews.
The fact the majority are totally disenfranchises is completely illegal.

No fair, sane,or rational person can be against UN resolution 2334.

{...

United Nations Security Council Resolution 2334 was adopted on 23 December 2016. It concerns the Israeli settlements in "Palestinian territories occupied since 1967, including East Jerusalem". The resolution passed in a 14–0 vote by members of the U.N. Security Council (UNSC). Four members with United Nations Security Council veto power, China, France, Russia, and the United Kingdom, voted for the resolution, but the United States abstained.[1]

The resolution states that Israel's settlement activity constitutes a "flagrant violation" of international law and has "no legal validity". It demands that Israel stop such activity and fulfill its obligations as an occupying power under the Fourth Geneva Convention.[2][3]

It was the first UNSC resolution to pass regarding Israel and the Palestine territories since Resolution 1860 in 2009,[4] and the first to address the issue of Israeli settlements with such specificity since Resolution 465 in 1980.[5][6] While the resolution did not include any sanction or coercive measure and was adopted under the non-binding Chapter VI of the United Nations Charter, Israeli newspaper Haaretz stated it "may have serious ramifications for Israel in general and specifically for the settlement enterprise" in the medium-to-long term.[6]

The text was welcomed by much of the international community in the following days. According to Murray McCully, former Minister of Foreign Affairs for New Zealand, Resolution 2334 reinforces the international community's commitment to a negotiated outcome [7] while former Canadian ambassador Paul Heinbecker noted that, Israeli and Palestinian narratives notwithstanding, resolution 2334 "reflects what the world thinks. It does not constitute a minority view or even a very divided view. If this resolution of the 15-member UN Security Council were put to a vote in the 193-member General Assembly, the outcome would scarcely be different."[8] In response, the government of Israel retaliated with a series of diplomatic actions against some members of the Security Council[9][10] and accused the administration of U.S. President Barack Obama of having secretly orchestrated the passage of the resolution. Palestine's representatives stated this was an opportunity to end the occupation and establish a Palestinian state to live side by side with the state of Israel on the 1967 line.[11]

...}

All it says is that you can't illegally invade and murder to occupy an area and call it yours.
There is no country against UN 2334 except Israel.

{...
The resolution was passed 14 to 0; all members voted for the resolution except for the United States, which abstained.[23] The United States Ambassador Samantha Power explained the abstention by saying that on one hand the United Nations often unfairly targets Israel, that there are important issues unaddressed by the resolution, and that the US did not agree with every word in the text; while on the other hand the resolution reflects facts on the ground, that it reaffirms the consensus that the settlement activity is not legal, and that the settlement activity has gotten "so much worse" as to endanger the viability of the two-state solution.[25][23][3]
...}

Samantha Power, nominated by President Joe Biden to led the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), testified Tuesday at her confirmation hearing that she did not think the Jewish Quarter of the Old City of Jerusalem was illegitimate and illegally occupied.

Power’s position is a direct contradiction of U.N. Security Council Resolution 2334, an anti-Israel resolution that she and the Obama administration allowed to pass by abstaining from a veto in December 2016.

As Breitbart News noted earlier this week, Power, who was then U.N. Ambassador played a key role in the vote on 2334:

Traditionally, the U.S. had vetoed such resolutions. But on his way out the door, President Barack Obama — who had long sought to create distance between the U.S. and Israel, and to pressure Israel into concessions to the Palestinians — allowed anti-Israel forces to prevail.
In her speech explaining the administration’s vote, Power claimed that the administration was following established U.S. policy against Israeli settlements in the territories won during the 1967 war. But the text of UN Security Council Resolution 2334 went beyond U.S. policy, condemning the Jewish presence in the Old City of Jerusalem.
President-elect Trump opposed the Obama administration’s actions. Once in office, he went on to reaffirm the legitimacy of Israel’s presence in the Old City, and moved the U.S. embassy to Jerusalem, defying the U.S. foreign policy establishment.
Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) asked Power directly whether she agreed with Resolution 2334. Power attempted to dodge the question, claiming that she had worked to establish Yom Kippur as a UN holiday, among other supposedly pro-Israel actions. Cruz asked for a direct answer:

Sen. Cruz: And so if you could just answer the question I asked, do you agree with Resolution 2334? I recognize you may well have done other things that were positive concerning Israel. I’m focused on this action at the United Nations.
Power: I just would like to get on the record that under my leadership, we secured Yom Kippur as a U.N. holiday. We convened the first ever General Assembly condemning anti-Semitism in the same chamber as the “Zionism is racism resolution” was passed decades before, and we integrated Israel in a way that had never been done before — chairing committees, being able to actually be part of groups from which they had been traditionally excluded. I don’t think there is a record that looks as substantial when it comes to integrating Israel. On the resolution itself. It is a resolution in keeping with President Obama’s desire to encourage the parties to avoid unilateral steps, including terrorism, incitement to violence, and the building of settlements. Those dimensions of the resolution — I think if you read my explanation of vote at the time, the problem with the resolution and the reason President Obama decided to abstain, was by and large, the venue because the U.N. has been so biased, because there 18 General Assembly resolutions —
Sen. Cruz: Let’s get to a little bit more granularity. Do you believe the Jewish Quarter in Jerusalem is illegitimate and illegally occupied territory?
Sen. Cruz: So do you disagree with the substance of Resolution 2334? Because that’s what it says.
Samantha Power supports Hamas. She worked for Obama.

That is silly because Hamas is the legally and democratically elected representatives of 12 million people who are the natives of Palestine.

That is silly because Hamas is the legally and democratically elected representatives of 12 million people who are the natives of Palestine.

They cant necessarily support a terrorist organization?

Natives of Palestine? Wtf

They are also officially a terrorist organization. They are a militant organization at best. They are an offshoot of the Muslim Brotherhood....another terrorist organization.

You might as well support Mexican Drug Cartels.....because they pretty much do the same thing.

Hamas (Arabic: حماس Ḥamās, an acronym of حركة المقاومة الاسلامية Ḥarakat al-Muqāwamah al-ʾIslāmiyyah [Islamic Resistance Movement]) is a Palestinian Sunni-Islamic fundamentalist[c] but pragmatic,[d] militant,[16] and nationalist organization.[e] It has a social service wing, Dawah, and a military wing, the Izz ad-Din al-Qassam Brigades.[f][g] It won the 2006 Palestinian legislative election[20] and became the de facto governing authority of the Gaza Strip following the 2007 Battle of Gaza.[21][22] Israel and Hamas have since engaged in several wars of varying intensity.[23] Canada, the European Union, Israel, Japan and the United States classify Hamas as a terrorist organization. Australia, New Zealand, Paraguay and the United Kingdom classify only its military wing as a terrorist organization. It is not considered a terrorist organization by Brazil, China, Egypt, Iran, Norway, Qatar, Russia, Syria and Turkey. In December 2018, the United Nations General Assembly rejected a U.S. resolution condemning Hamas as a terrorist organization.[h]

Hamas_logo.svg.png

Natives of Palestine? Wtf
Palestine doesn't belong to Hamas.
Leftists think that it does.
Palestine isn't even a country...it's a region.

If you're worried about Israeli reaction to anything

You're probably not a very good American

You're seditious retards

You know you're a shit American when Powers is a better nationalist than you.

Democratic war machine? As you want Americans to bleed for foreign Jews? What?

Forum List

Back