Obama Declares Aug. 26 'Women's Equality Day'

dcbl

Good guys wear white hats
Aug 23, 2011
Bham, AL
President Obama has declared Aug. 26 -- which marks the 91st anniversary of the constitutional amendment giving women the right to vote -- to be "Women's Equality Day."

In a proclamation published by the White House Thursday, Obama said, "I call upon the people of the United States to celebrate the achievements of women and recommit ourselves to the goal of gender equality in this country," according to Reuters.

Link

Does this mean that Barry is ready to step down & ask Hillary to take over??

Im glad he is focusing on such pressing issues.

He's a very busy man, doing lots of important things...

FWIW, I STILL haven't received my rebate check! (Been checking the mail every day) However, I DO have a backup plan! When I go to visit friends & family in GA & TN, I am buying lottery tickets.

I figure that between Barry O's promise to take care of me & the lottery, it's just a matter of time & I will be set!

President Obama has declared Aug. 26 -- which marks the 91st anniversary of the constitutional amendment giving women the right to vote -- to be "Women's Equality Day."

In a proclamation published by the White House Thursday, Obama said, "I call upon the people of the United States to celebrate the achievements of women and recommit ourselves to the goal of gender equality in this country," according to Reuters.

Link

Does this mean that Barry is ready to step down & ask Hillary to take over??

no

I don't care about this 'Women's Equality Day', I'm still going to treat women better then I do men.

The religious right wing in America today wants to return to a past in which women had less rights than today. They are clearly on the side of religious intolerance of anyone who lives different from them. Freedom is their catchphrase, but control is their goal. Abortion is a primary example as is their war on voting rights and science in education. When you control the law you control the nation. Was America always this dumb, or is it today that dumb has a platform? The rich will do as they please, the poor women will always suffer. Bravo for Obama.

HISTORY OF ABORTION

Some history below from planned parenthood.

HE SANGER YEARS
Early Triumphs

THE 1960s: A NEW ERA FOR WOMEN
Growing Access for All

NIXON: EXPANDING FAMILY PLANNING
Roe v. Wade: A Victory for Women

HYDE: DISENFRANCHISING POOR WOMEN

THE REAGAN AGENDA: OPPOSING CHOICE
Targeting Teens
The Gag Rule: Targeting Family Planning Overseas
The Campaign of Intimidation and Terror
Censoring Clinics, Slowing Research