Obama Dares GOP: Go Ahead, ‘Have a Vote on Whether What I’m Doing Is Legal…I Will Veto’

Geaux4it

Intensity Factor 4-Fold
May 31, 2009
Tennessee
Spoken like a true tyrant. Lawless Obama is gutter water and a cancer on Amercia

-Geaux
-------------------------

Pres. Obama is daring Republicans to vote on whether or not his executive actions are legal.

Discussing opposition to his executive amnesty orders at an immigration town hall Wednesday, Obama said he would veto the vote because his actions are “the right thing to do”:

“So in the short term, if Mr. McConnell, the leader of the Senate, and the Speaker of the House, John Boehner, want to have a vote on whether what I’m doing is legal or not, they can have that vote. I will veto that vote, because I’m absolutely confident that what we’re doing is the right thing to do.”

Obama Dares GOP Go Ahead Have a Vote on Whether What I m Doing Is Legal I Will Veto MRCTV

Spoken like a true tyrant. Lawless Obama is gutter water and a cancer on Amercia

-Geaux

Pres. Obama is daring Republicans to vote on whether or not his executive actions are legal.

Discussing opposition to his executive amnesty orders at an immigration town hall Wednesday, Obama said he would veto the vote because his actions are “the right thing to do”:

“So in the short term, if Mr. McConnell, the leader of the Senate, and the Speaker of the House, John Boehner, want to have a vote on whether what I’m doing is legal or not, they can have that vote. I will veto that vote, because I’m absolutely confident that what we’re doing is the right thing to do.”

Obama Dares GOP Go Ahead Have a Vote on Whether What I m Doing Is Legal I Will Veto MRCTV

When did the veto become illegal?

-Geaux

Because lawmakers rule his action illegal

-Geaux

-Geaux

Why did Obama not address the legality? But instead he quotes--"want to have a vote on whether what I’m doing is legal or not, they can have that vote. I will veto that vote, because I’m absolutely confident that what we’re doing is the right thing to do.”

Yet he pulls the emotion card... the right thing to do... legality be dammed

-Geaux

-Geaux

Why did Obama not address the legality? But instead he quotes--"want to have a vote on whether what I’m doing is legal or not, they can have that vote. I will veto that vote, because I’m absolutely confident that what we’re doing is the right thing to do.”

-Geaux

Nothing illegal about that at all.

-Geaux

-Geaux

TBD

-Geaux

Presidents can veto a vote?

In a way. It's in Article 1, section 7 of the Constitution - for those folks who love to talk about the Constitution but just can't seem to get around to actually reading it.

Because whether something is legal or not is up for debate. Yet Obama's comments about the right thing to do are irrelevant and based on emotion.

-Geaux

-Geaux

-Geaux

TBD

-Geaux

No. It's already been determined a long time ago. Once again, read the Constitution. He can veto any bill the Congress sends him. They can over ride the veto if they have the votes, but there is nothing illegal about it.

As to whether what he is doing with executive orders is illegal is a matter for the Court, not the Congress. One more time...., read the Constitution.

In a way. It's in Article 1, section 7 of the Constitution - for those folks who love to talk about the Constitution but just can't seem to get around to actually reading it.

Because whether something is legal or not is up for debate. Yet Obama's comments about the right thing to do are irrelevant and based on emotion.

-Geaux

No, it is not up for debate. If something is legal or not is a matter to be determined by the Judicial branch of the government. The Congress can make a law to make something the President is doing illegal, but not retroactively. And the President can veto that bill. That's how the government works and it doesn't suddenly work some other way just because your guy didn't get elected.

The only person basing an argument on emotion is you.

-Geaux

No, it is not up for debate. If something is legal or not is a matter to be determined by the Judicial branch of the government. The Congress can make a law to make something the President is doing illegal, but not retroactively. And the President can veto that bill. That's how the government works and it doesn't suddenly work some other way just because your guy didn't get elected.

The only person basing an argument on emotion is you.

Whether something is legal or not doesn't make it right.

But as your dear leader said... Its the right thing to do

-Geaux

ObamaHitler.jpg

want to have a vote on whether what I’m doing is legal or not, they can have that vote. I will veto that vote,
>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<
i BELIEVE this proves he is totally stupid of his powers and lack of understanding of the Constitution....., of which he is allegedly a "scholar". :lmao: ... :lmao: ... :lmao: ... :lmao: ... :up:

New Topics

Forum List

Back