Obama covered up HHS report until after healthcare vote?

boedicca

Uppity Water Nymph from the Land of Funk
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 12, 2007
Another victory for Transparency!

:eusa_whistle:

The Medicare Actuary's report could have been released prior to the vote on ObamaCare, but was withheld by the Obama Administration:

The economic report released last week by Health and Human Services, which indicated that President Barack Obama's health care "reform" law would actually increase the cost of health care and impose higher costs on consumers, had been submitted to the office of HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius more than a week before the Congressional votes on the bill, according to career HHS sources, who added that Sebelius's staff refused to review the document before the vote was taken.

"The reason we were given was that they did not want to influence the vote," says an HHS source. "Which is actually the point of having a review like this, you would think.

Obama covered up HHS report until after healthcare vote? | Washington Examiner

They didn't want the HHS report to influence the vote, but were perfectly "au fait" with having the CBO report influence it.

Lib Hypocrites..... where are you?

Woohoooo.... you lying scum.... where have you gone?

Check the footnotes where it discusses the power government will gain from healthcare reform. Money only matters to those who don't have the power to get what they want.

I posted this after the vote took place. It got ignored by the left then too.

WASHINGTON, DC – The Obama administration’s chief actuary at the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) notified Republican leaders Saturday that the “very tight time frame” and “complexity” of the Democrats’ health spending bill would prevent them from fully analyzing the costs and efficacy of the bill before the House voted on the legislation. The letter was in response to a request from House and Senate Republicans.

The Chief Actuary, Richard S. Foster, wrote: “In your letter, you requested that we provide the updated actuarial estimates in time for your review prior to the expected House debate and vote on this legislation on March 21,2010. I regret that my staff and I will not be able to prepare our analysis within this very tight time frame, due to the complexity of the legislation.”

Foster and his staff analyzed the Senate-passed bill and determined that it bent the cost curve up, estimating in a January 8 report that national health expenditures would increase by an estimated total of $222 billion, and that the additional demand for health services “could be difficult to meet” and “could lead to price increases, cost-shifting, and/or changes in providers’ willingness to treat patients with low-reimbursement health coverage.” Foster, in his letter today, expects the new health spending bill to be “generally similar

Republican.Senate.Gov - Blogs

Everyone here in USMB and America, that is paying through the nose for health care coverage will sooner or later find out that the cost of their healthcare rates are rising right under our noses.

Meds that I personally had co-pays of $10 are now, for the majority, up to $25 and $50 PER MED!. Six months ago we had a $200/MONTH increase in our plan which is just UNDER middle of the road for coverage, about $750/mo for two people with co-pays. They obviously took steps to avoid future 'losses' to their bottom lines. ANY insurance representative that visits USMB can honestly say, this is the truth, we see it happening all over.

This administrations actions have, in my opinion, lied and deceived everyone in this country in order to pass this Trillion dollar plus plus healthcare reform. Again the American taxpayers have gotten it shoved up their backsides by arrogant and inexperienced 'leaders' who's only goal, it would appear, is to have their name written down in history at the expense of the countries citizens.

Where on where are the Obama Supporters?
Oh where oh where can they be?

With Obama's lies exposed
and his integrity hosed

*crickets*

Where on where are the Obama Supporters?

With Obama's lies exposed
and his integrity hosed

Those who are proud of the job Obama is doing are brainwashed. Once they drink the Kool-aid, it's very difficult to deprogram them. I'm always amazed at how easily manipulated people can be.

HELLO

Hello

Hello

Hello

Hmmm, dats funny, very echo-y in here. Where's all da comments from da supporters of dis POS, er I mean wonderful and stupendous and oh so cost reducing health care scheme, er bill?

They must be still waiting for the talking points from Organizing For America.

Another victory for Transparency!

:eusa_whistle:

The Medicare Actuary's report could have been released prior to the vote on ObamaCare, but was withheld by the Obama Administration:

The economic report released last week by Health and Human Services, which indicated that President Barack Obama's health care "reform" law would actually increase the cost of health care and impose higher costs on consumers, had been submitted to the office of HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius more than a week before the Congressional votes on the bill, according to career HHS sources, who added that Sebelius's staff refused to review the document before the vote was taken.

"The reason we were given was that they did not want to influence the vote," says an HHS source. "Which is actually the point of having a review like this, you would think.

Obama covered up HHS report until after healthcare vote? | Washington Examiner

They didn't want the HHS report to influence the vote, but were perfectly "au fait" with having the CBO report influence it.
My "un-named" career HHS sources say your equally "un-named" career HHS sources are full of it. :rofl:
My sources want to know why your sources waited so long to come forward with this critically important info???? Curious minds want to know! :lol:

Now of course, you knew this was a completely bogus non-story all along, as telegraphed by your using a secondary source for the story rather than the original completely discredited source, The American Spectator. You knew you had to hide the AS as the source because everyone knows they are a completely worthless and unreliable propaganda arm of the GOP spin machine.

So you have a tale from an anonymous author using anonymous sources spewing GOP propaganda.
Brilliant! :rofl:
God you CON$ are gullible :rofl:

Forum List

Back