Obama calls Supreme Court EPA ruling "backwards"

TroglocratsRdumb

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2017
Former President Barack Obama is expressing his disappointment with a new Supreme Court ruling that could severely limit the authority of the Environmental Protection Agency.
"No challenge poses a greater threat to our future than a changing climate," Obama wrote on Twitter after the decision was made public Thursday. "Every day, we're feeling the impact of climate change, and today's Supreme Court decision is a major step backward."
In a 6-3 decision, SCOTUS concluded that the EPA does not have authority to regulate carbon emissions from existing power plants, making it more difficult to achieve environmental goals and decelerate climate change.

Comment:
This is a recurring problem.
The Democrat Party abuses their power.
The EPA is under the Executive Branch.
They cannot make laws.
The politization of the government agencies started under Barry the Magnificent.
This is a dangerous erosion of our constitutional republic form of government.
obamacrybaby.jpg

Former President Barack Obama is expressing his disappointment with a new Supreme Court ruling that could severely limit the authority of the Environmental Protection Agency.
"No challenge poses a greater threat to our future than a changing climate," Obama wrote on Twitter after the decision was made public Thursday. "Every day, we're feeling the impact of climate change, and today's Supreme Court decision is a major step backward."
In a 6-3 decision, SCOTUS concluded that the EPA does not have authority to regulate carbon emissions from existing power plants, making it more difficult to achieve environmental goals and decelerate climate change.

Comment:
This is a recurring problem.
The Democrat Party abuses their power.
The EPA is under the Executive Branch.
They cannot make laws.
The politization of the government agencies started under Barry the Magnificent.
This is a dangerous erosion of our constitutional republic form of government.
View attachment 664758
The ones that are ruled against, always whine, either for themselves or the ones that donated to campaigns wanting them to take the action, in the first place. Changes nothing, at least not in the near term as recent ruling rarely overturned quickly. Business as usual. NEXT!

The ones that are ruled against, always whine, either for themselves or the ones that donated to campaigns wanting them to take the action, in the first place. Changes nothing, at least not in the near term as recent ruling rarely overturned quickly. Business as usual. NEXT!
Using the clean air act as a trojan horse for climate change is dishonest.

Using the clean air act as a trojan horse for climate change is dishonest.
Oh, hell. You know I'm offended. You mean Dems and Repubs do that? I'm shocked! :auiqs.jpg:

And yet the "wrongness" of the ruling is being hotly contested.
Every ruling in hotly contested by somebody, but generally, the ruling is the ruling at that level.

Every ruling in hotly contested by somebody, but generally, the ruling is the ruling at that level.
In golf you call the penalty on yourself. In politics you deny there was ever a penalty.

And Democrats wonder why Trump was emboldened to do what he did. To be honest, I don't see much difference between the two.

In golf you call the penalty on yourself. In politics you deny there was ever a penalty.

And Democrats wonder why Trump was emboldened to do what he did. To be honest, I don't see much difference between the two.
Gotta give you point #1.
Point #2 more serious. You can vote Democrats out without sparking an insurrection if they lose. Point goes to Democrats.
Think of it like the old joke about Yankees. Yankees are ok, but a damn Yankee is one that comes intending to stay.

Gotta give you point #1.
Point #2 more serious. You can vote Democrats out without sparking an insurrection if they lose. Point goes to Democrats.
Think of it like the old joke about Yankees. Yankees are ok, but a damn Yankee is one that comes intending to stay.
The common theme is dishonesty. No one in their right mind would ever believe the clean air act was a climate act.

The common theme is dishonesty. No one in their right mind would ever believe the clean air act was a climate act.
Sorry. I do not know all the provisions of the clean air act, but know it has been added to by legislation since 1970. If it includes control or reduction of CO2 industrial emissions, somebody could construe it to be. Like I said, never read it.

Sorry. I do not know all the provisions of the clean air act, but know it has been added to by legislation since 1970. If it includes control or reduction of CO2 industrial emissions, somebody could construe it to be. Like I said, never read it.

They called CO2 a pollutant thus subject to regulations that is what they did.

It was their way to then force industries to reduce emissions because they say it is a pollutant.

This new ruling does away with that politically fabricated bullshit.

They called CO2 a pollutant thus subject to regulations that is what they did.

It was their way to then force industries to reduce emissions because they say it is a pollutant.

This new ruling does away with that politically fabricated bullshit.
What is it, that makes it not a pollutant, even a deadly pollutant in high enough concentrations. Were they fighting global warming in the Republican administration's brand-new agency or pollution and smog?

Forum List

Back