Obama calling out Cantor

The "jobs" bill is just more borrowed money going to the special interest groups. Most every one knows that, even the dems.

Wish I had THAT kind of job!

OIt is great for a retiree needing to make some extra bucks....or for a part timer going to school...

But it does not offer the kind of career advancement we should all strive for......it gives one no chance to present their differential.

Sure it does, and they promote from within. I support myself, so this isn't exactly retirement 'loose change'. From here, I can get training onsite to become an examiner or adjuster. I can become a supervisor, or QA. You really shouldn't talk out your ass, JH.

Not talking out of my ass..

But you just did.

Read my post...

your position does not allow you the opporuntity to show your differential.

Therefore, no matter how hard you work or how dedicated you are, your chance of promotion is no better than anyone elses.

But guess you cant see that.....for in your liberal eyes ALL deserve whatever anyoine else gets...regardless of how hard someone works or how lazy someone else is.

LMFAO....

first you tell us that your job allows you to knit a sweater while you are waiting for the phone to ring...and then you tell us of what a great opportunity it is for job growth.

You are one confused woman......and typical of where this country is headed.

Some Republican filed a bill with the same title a couple days after the speech. Obama hadn't finished writing it yet, and had yet to send it to the house, where I understand it has yet to be filed.

It is not up to the Republicans to move forward on a democrat bill they dislike when the Democrats can't even be made to sign on to it yet.

Wish I had THAT kind of job!

Why? As much as I complain about my job, what i like about it is it actually makes a difference in the world. Sitting around waiting for a phone call doesnt seem that fulfilling at all.

It's not the sitting around part that's the fulfilling bit.

so then whats fullfilling?

The chance for a promotion?

Would you say sitting around waiting for the phone to ring deserves a promotion?

Maybe if you spent your time doing something that will show people your level of dedication, show your work ethic, allow you to rise above the masses....you would earn a promotion?

Or do you feel that all one needs to do is "do their job" to earn a promotion?

OIt is great for a retiree needing to make some extra bucks....or for a part timer going to school...

But it does not offer the kind of career advancement we should all strive for......it gives one no chance to present their differential.

Sure it does, and they promote from within. I support myself, so this isn't exactly retirement 'loose change'. From here, I can get training onsite to become an examiner or adjuster. I can become a supervisor, or QA. You really shouldn't talk out your ass, JH.

Not talking out of my ass..

But you just did.

Read my post...

your position does not allow you the opporuntity to show your differential.

Therefore, no matter how hard you work or how dedicated you are, your chance of promotion is no better than anyone elses.

But guess you cant see that.....for in your liberal eyes ALL deserve whatever anyoine else gets...regardless of how hard someone works or how lazy someone else is.

LMFAO....

first you tell us that your job allows you to knit a sweater while you are waiting for the phone to ring...and then you tell us of what a great opportunity it is for job growth.

You are one confused woman......and typical of where this country is headed.

But you're the one attacking me.

Why are you yelling?

Also? Everything counts. Sooo since I'm never late, sick, take long breaks, get customer complaints, etc - then I DO have a better shot at the bump than most other employees.

Why? As much as I complain about my job, what i like about it is it actually makes a difference in the world. Sitting around waiting for a phone call doesnt seem that fulfilling at all.

Would you say sitting around waiting for the phone to ring deserves a promotion?

Maybe if you spent your time doing something that will show people your level of dedication, show your work ethic, allow you to rise above the masses....you would earn a promotion?

Jarhead, the name fits.

I work at home. The ONLY THING THERE IS FOR ME TO DO IS ANSWER THE PHONE.

That's it. That's all I have to do. There are no other duties. There's no 'busy work' for me to find.

Seriously. I cannot in all good faith believe you are a 'jobs creator' when you so obviously lack basic comprehension skills.

No.

Oddball was referring to the fact that BDBoop admittedly is working now and getting paid a salary while she is on this site posting.

That is deemed as stealing from your employer.

And the proof he is at work is...?

He's a she, and she can post at work, because she is paid to be available, waiting for the phone to ring. I could knit an entire sweater between calls; my company does not care. There is nothing for me to do BUT wait for calls.

Funny how that bugs them so badly.
I see lots of cons posting during business hours. Are they all collecting unemployment or welfare?

Since when did Obama give a shit about jobs and veterans?

He hasn't produced jack shit in either category.

I hope Eric Cantor calls his skinny ass out on it again.

Doesn't Obama like veterans? Has he done anything for them?

I haven't seen a payraise or COLA allowance increase since he was elected, shitforbrains.

It thinks Obama has something to do with that? Funny and sad at the same time.

Jarhead, the name fits.

I work at home. The ONLY THING THERE IS FOR ME TO DO IS ANSWER THE PHONE.

That's it. That's all I have to do. There are no other duties. There's no 'busy work' for me to find.

Seriously. I cannot in all good faith believe you are a 'jobs creator' when you so obviously lack basic comprehension skills.

jarhead is a testament to my time I served. Very few have found ways to use it in a deragatory way...kudos...I believe you are the first.

Now.....please..in an effort to stay on topic....hear me out.

I did not cirtiicize your position. When someone said how he would love a job like that, I called it as it is.....a job that does not allow you to show your differential. Why? Becuase you work at home; there is no busy work; all you can do is answer the phone when it rings...

You then responded that I talk out of my ass and it offers great opporunity for growth and development.

SO I responded that it does not allow you to show a differential...and it doesnt...so whereas it may offer growth and development, it does not allow you to stand out from the masses.

Here is an example of what I mean.....

You and Sally both go for the training for QA supervisor....

But there is only one opening.

Why should you get it over Sally?

He's a she, and she can post at work, because she is paid to be available, waiting for the phone to ring. I could knit an entire sweater between calls; my company does not care. There is nothing for me to do BUT wait for calls.

I see lots of cons posting during business hours. Are they all collecting unemployment or welfare?

Nope. IN my case, business has been down fotr the last several years. I did well for the first 27 years....built a company, sold it...now own two (under the same umbrella)...

OVer the past decade, I built things up nicely...nothing extavagent.....I now have 15 permanent employees. During the recession I had a choice....lay off or take nothing home and keep the staff in tact until business picks up.

Seeing I could afford to do so, I kept things as they are. Not becuase I am a nice guy...but becuase I need to be in tact when the clients need me. I cant be reactive...I need to be ready for them.

The problem was...my employees were sitting around twiddling thei thumbs...It is fine with me, but the boredom would get to them...so I opted to make some intenrqal moves.....took Susan and promoted her to be my operations manager....pretty much do what I used to do. I couldnt pay her much more than what she was earning as I was not taking anything but my weekly salary out of the company (which is nothing of value)....but she was eager to learn operations....and she jumped on it.

So now business has picked up....and I am doing only part of what I used to do...presentations.....and as a result I am finding myself with plenty of time on my hands

Also? Everything counts. Sooo since I'm never late, sick, take long breaks, get customer complaints, etc - then I DO have a better shot at the bump than most other employees.

You're on this board 24/7.

You're in no danger of Employee of the Month at Starbucks or Walden Books or the rest stop where you work.

Last edited:

I'm self employed and what I do involves being on line a good part of the day.

What's your excuse?

Forum List

Back