Obama Burns Global Warming Cult

LibocalypseNow

Jul 30, 2009
President Obama ordered the Environmental Protection Agency Friday to shelve proposed regulations for new air-quality standards, citing the potential impact on the weak economy...

“I have continued to underscore the importance of reducing regulatory burdens and regulatory uncertainty, particularly as our economy continues to recover,” Mr. Obama said in a statement. “With that in mind, and after careful consideration, I have requested” that EPA Administrator Lisa Jackson “withdraw” the proposed smog standards.

In making the move, Mr. Obama is sticking with air-quality standards set in 2008 by the administration of Republican George W. Bush, which Obama administration officials have said is based on outdated science. A White House official insisted to reporters that killing the more onerous standards was not intended “to endorse the Bush administration’s judgment,” but was done because another mandatory review of the standards is set to take place in 2013, and implementing tougher rules now could create “uncertainty.”

The current Bush ozone standard of 75 parts per billion was set over the objections of EPA scientists. Ms. Jackson has made tightening the regulation a key priority, pushing for the change ahead of the regularly scheduled five-year review in 2013.

But Cass Sunstein, the president’s “czar” in charge of regulatory review, told Ms. Jackson in a letter Friday that Mr. Obama was rejecting her proposal for more restrictive standards.

The new regulations on ozone ambient air quality standards would have cost the U.S. businesses anywhere from $19 billion to $90 billion per year to comply with, a figure mentioned by the president earlier this week in a letter to Speaker John A. Boehner, Ohio Republican. Congressional Republicans and industry leaders have been sparring with the administration over the increasing cost of government regulations, arguing that the burden is preventing firms from hiring more workers...

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/sep/2/obama-halts-epas-proposed-air-quality-regs/

Last edited:
President Obama ordered the Environmental Protection Agency Friday to shelve proposed regulations for new air-quality standards, citing the potential impact on the weak economy...

“I have continued to underscore the importance of reducing regulatory burdens and regulatory uncertainty, particularly as our economy continues to recover,” Mr. Obama said in a statement. “With that in mind, and after careful consideration, I have requested” that EPA Administrator Lisa Jackson “withdraw” the proposed smog standards.

In making the move, Mr. Obama is sticking with air-quality standards set in 2008 by the administration of Republican George W. Bush, which Obama administration officials have said is based on outdated science. A White House official insisted to reporters that killing the more onerous standards was not intended “to endorse the Bush administration’s judgment,” but was done because another mandatory review of the standards is set to take place in 2013, and implementing tougher rules now could create “uncertainty.”

The current Bush ozone standard of 75 parts per billion was set over the objections of EPA scientists. Ms. Jackson has made tightening the regulation a key priority, pushing for the change ahead of the regularly scheduled five-year review in 2013.

But Cass Sunstein, the president’s “czar” in charge of regulatory review, told Ms. Jackson in a letter Friday that Mr. Obama was rejecting her proposal for more restrictive standards.

The new regulations on ozone ambient air quality standards would have cost the U.S. businesses anywhere from $19 billion to $90 billion per year to comply with, a figure mentioned by the president earlier this week in a letter to Speaker John A. Boehner, Ohio Republican. Congressional Republicans and industry leaders have been sparring with the administration over the increasing cost of government regulations, arguing that the burden is preventing firms from hiring more workers...

Obama halts EPA air-quality regulations - Washington Times

Maybe, just maybe he has realized his program of increased regulations is a dismal; failure. Could he be listening to some of the TEA PARTY plans that are talked about on the internet? Could he be listening to some RON PAUL speeches? God I hope so, But he probably just wants to try to get reelected. FAT CHANCE!

“I have continued to underscore the importance of reducing regulatory burdens and regulatory uncertainty, particularly as our economy continues to recover,” Mr. Obama said in a statement.​

Wow. What a liar.

“I have continued to underscore the importance of reducing regulatory burdens and regulatory uncertainty, particularly as our economy continues to recover,” Mr. Obama said in a statement.​

Wow. What a liar.

lol! Yea must be Re-Election time. :)

Wow. What a liar.

lol! Yea must be Re-Election time. :)

Of course, the Useful Idiots will unthinkingly and dutifully parrot this lie. When asked for proof, they'll point to Obama's statement.

Wow. What a liar.

If he truly wanted to reduce uncertainty, he'd repeal Obamacare.
And Dodd-Frank.
And Sarbanes-Oxley.
And a few thousand more ridiculous regulations.

Wow. What a liar.

And Dodd-Frank.
And Sarbanes-Oxley.

No chance. He has an agenda, and it has nothing to do with helping America.

Wow. What a liar.

And Dodd-Frank.
And Sarbanes-Oxley.

No chance. He has an agenda, and it has nothing to do with helping America.

In 15 months, America will help him......work on his golf game, full time.

Maybe, just maybe he has realized his program of increased regulations is a dismal; failure. Could he be listening to some of the TEA PARTY plans that are talked about on the internet? Could he be listening to some RON PAUL speeches? God I hope so, But he probably just wants to try to get reelected. FAT CHANCE!

Maybe he just listened to common sense for a change. Common sense says do not heap another 19 to 90 Billions dollars a year in expenses on Business at a time when they are already not hiring.

Sorry bout that,

1. If he didn't do this we would be seeing the *Fuckchop* being responsible for *Roaming Black Outs*.
2. Good thing he woke up.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

It's a small step in the right direction. Even though we all know it was politically motivated, Obama deserves the credit for making a good decision (for a change!).

Sorry bout that,

It's a small step in the right direction. Even though we all know it was politically motivated, Obama deserves the credit for making a good decision (for a change!).

1. Yeah it would just be another knot on his political suicide rope, if he didn't stop the roaming *black outs*.
2. Either way, he's done.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

A purely political move.

Don't think for a minute that the order will stay in effect for more than hour after he is re-anointed Messiah.

And believe me, we need him to be re-anointed if America is going to hit rock-bottom so healing can begin.

The Global Warming Cultsters really are taking it on the chin these days. They're eating their own now.

if Obama gets re-elected the absolute hatred he has for the private sector on display now will be nothing compared to what this no good anti American alien has in store for us!!

All right wingers understand that "scientists are cult members". It's why so few are Republican.

All right wingers understand that "scientists are cult members". It's why so few are Republican.

It's only the scientists who lie and falsify data to get government grants that belong to the cult.
Good scientists aren't afriad to point out the liars who belong to the cult.

How funny is it that the k00ks get their green president and all he has done is kick them in the balls for two years. Obama chose to go the Healthcare route and that shit is soon to be enshrined in a museum as a relic of a former era. No room for the green nutters and then came the Tea Party to make the groin kick official.

And I'm laughing...............

New Topics

Forum List

Back