Obama bows to Boehner; jobs speech will be Sept. 8

dcbl

Good guys wear white hats
Aug 23, 2011
Bham, AL
Makes sense, since Barry has already gotten into the habit of bowing to other leaders...

WASHINGTON (AP) - In a retreat after an hours-long test of wills Wednesday, President Barack Obama agreed to deliver an address on jobs and the economy to a joint session of Congress on Sept. 8, yielding to House Speaker John Boehner, who had balked at Obama's request for a Sept. 7 speech.

Obama's address still gives him a grand stage to unveil his economic agenda, but it will compete with the opening game of the National Football League season - a conflict the White House wanted to avoid.

The change now will allow a planned Sept. 7 Republican presidential debate in Simi Valley, Calif., to proceed without Obama upstaging it.

link

Obama's address still gives him a grand stage to unveil his economic agenda

Good grief. up against the football opener. that is going to be "his GRAND STAGE".....

I guess he doesn't REALLY want people to watch him because we already know it's just more of the same ole recycled bs he is regurgitating..

Last edited:
to call a for a session of congress for an address, other than say war, state of the union which is de riguer etc....*shrugs* this better be good, ground breaking, new and he better have an actual plan not a framework I mean a plan, on paper, bullet points and everything that the CBO can score.

the saints vs gb...oy...

Aww now we have to wait for the Hussein's grand plan for the economy: Put everyone on food stamps.

I think Obama really does think he is a king or something.

It's like he snap his fingers and everyone should just jump.

If it were me I'd tell him to take a hike.

Last edited:
many other American presidents bow to foreign dignitaries, nothing new.

yeah, maybe so

but not in a way that makes them look subservient...

a simple nod also does the trick to satisfy protical!

images

I think Obama really does think he is a king or something.

It's like he snap his fingers and everyone should just jump.

If it we me I'd tell him to take a hike.

Would you really? Is that before or after you gave him some?

to call a for a session of congress for an address, other than say war, state of the union which is de riguer etc....*shrugs* this better be good, ground breaking, new and he better have an actual plan not a framework I mean a plan, on paper, bullet points and everything that the CBO can score.

the saints vs gb...oy...

I sure hope he has a plan... I mean I'll be honest, If Obama has a real fucking plan to deal with things like the deficit and jobs, the economy and wars I'd listen. If his plan was good I'd support it.

Sad thing is I doubt Obama has any plans to end any of the 4-5 wars, he won't cut spending in any meaningful way and he just doesn’t believe that Americans can create jobs so he will probably claim we need to suck the rest of the life out of the economy and direct spending on bullshit projects. It seems Obama wants it to be you either work for the Government or you're life sucks and I don’t understand why he keeps going in that direction as it has never worked and it ain’t working now.

IMO FDR got lucky… He got credit for destroying the country, Obama is only helping prove the criticisms that FDR was in reality one of the worst Presidents in US history. The policies simply don’t work, but they sure sound nice!

the saints vs gb...oy...

I sure hope he has a plan... I mean I'll be honest, If Obama has a real fucking plan to deal with things like the deficit and jobs, the economy and wars I'd listen. If his plan was good I'd support it.

Sad thing is I doubt Obama has any plans to end any of the 4-5 wars, he won't cut spending in any meaningful way and he just doesn’t believe that Americans can create jobs so he will probably claim we need to suck the rest of the life out of the economy and direct spending on bullshit projects. It seems Obama wants it to be you either work for the Government or you're life sucks and I don’t understand why he keeps going in that direction as it has never worked and it ain’t working now.

IMO FDR got lucky… He got credit for destroying the country, Obama is only helping prove the criticisms that FDR was in reality one of the worst Presidents in US history. The policies simply don’t work, but they sure sound nice!

Obama acts more like a republican than Reagan acted more like a democrat.

the saints vs gb...oy...

If Obama was elected by millions of liberal minded Democrats then Obama acts like liberal minded Democrats, end of story. There is no pawning Obama off on as being a Republican just because he sucks…

I always ask the question, if Obama runs the country like Bush and is considered by many and even Obama himself to be a Progressive, then was Bush a Progressive, or is Obama a Neocon?

If Obama was elected by millions of liberal minded Democrats then Obama acts like liberal minded Democrats, end of story. There is no pawning Obama off on as being a Republican just because he sucks…

I always ask the question, if Obama runs the country like Bush and is considered by many and even Obama himself to be a Progressive, then was Bush a Progressive, or is Obama a Neocon?

reagan was a neocon also, and like to start wars, then cut and run.

New Topics

Forum List

Back