Obama approves $900,000 Federal spending for NOTHING

What "lie" are you talking about?

the "lie" is according to your civics view:

I will go line by line to make sure that we are not spending money unwisely.

according to you, the president does not have the power to do that.

LOL...Theres a difference between going over a budget and approving one. Try not to confuse the two.

And since we're talking about Politifact, I'm assuming the OP chose them because they are good source until I post:

PolitiFact | The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises

Now he'll either back away from his OP or claim some stupendous conspiracy theory on liberals controlling JUST the Obameter not what he posted tho

i'm not confusing the two. in fact, the president has the power to do both, he can go over a budget and approve or disapprove a budget.

Last edited:
He doesn't. He can either sign it or not - that's all he can do.

So yes - that was a "lie".

yes he does. like i said, pick up a civics book and read about vetoes and budgets.

you should not call out other people about educating themselves when you clearly don't know that you're talking about. seriously, if you are right, then obama lied because he knows he doesn't have the power to do what he claimed he could do. why i would give him a lie vs. wrong, is he is supposedly a con law professor.

do you see the pickle you're in?

I'm not "in a pickle" at all.

I don't have any emotional attachment to Obama. I have no urge to defend him.

He's a fucking politician, of course he "lied". That's what they do.

your first post in this thread came across that you were defending obama. you're still coming across that way by putting lie in quotes. why is that?

why is it you don't understand that the president can in fact approve a budget?

yes he does. like i said, pick up a civics book and read about vetoes and budgets.

you should not call out other people about educating themselves when you clearly don't know that you're talking about. seriously, if you are right, then obama lied because he knows he doesn't have the power to do what he claimed he could do. why i would give him a lie vs. wrong, is he is supposedly a con law professor.

do you see the pickle you're in?

your first post in this thread came across that you were defending obama. you're still coming across that way by putting lie in quotes. why is that?

I put "lie" in quotes because I think the word can't really be applied accurately in this context - but in this context, it would fit Obama's claims.

I realize the above statement might be hard to understand, but I don't know of any better way of putting it.

He must "approve" a budget for their to be a budget. But he can't "approve" specific pieces of funding, like the OP is claiming.

There is no way for Obama to have "approved" or "disapproved" the spending of $900,000 to service empty bank accounts.

In fact, that wouldn't even appear on the "budget" that he would sign.

A quick glance through a Civics textbook would help you understand that the President doesn't have the power to "approve" spending.

Only Congress has that power.
Then why if HE is a constitutional Lawyer did he say..
Obama promised to "And when I'm president, I will go line by line to make sure that we are not spending money unwisely."
PolitiFact | Obama's promise to go after earmarks 'line by line'

Why did he let this go? He promised to go line by line! Or is this one more bullshit remark to get himself elected!

A quick glance through a Civics textbook would help you understand that the President doesn't have the power to "approve" spending.

Obama promised to "And when I'm president, I will go line by line to make sure that we are not spending money unwisely."

Why did he let this go? He promised to go line by line! Or is this one more bullshit remark to get himself elected!

you're the third person to call the good doctor on this. i don't think the good doctor knows what he is talking about.

It is one of the oddest spending habits in Washington: This year, the government will spend at least $890,000 on service fees for bank accounts that have nothing in them. At last count, Uncle Sam has 13,712 such accounts, each with a balance of zero.
Feds spend at least $890,000 on fees for empty accounts - The Washington Post

Now why is Obama responsible for spending $900,000 for absolutely nothing???

Shouldn't you be blaming the midlevel bureaucrat for not monitoring the bank fees?

Or the bank for charging fees on empty accounts instead of calling the government bureaucrat and saying "your account is empty, do you want to close it?" You would think the bank would consider a civic duty not to screw the government and thus the tax payers.

Oh, that's right, you're an idiot who doesn't know how many people work at various levels of the federal government and would rather blame every $ of waste directly on the Black guy.

If you'll recall 6.6 BILLION DOLLARS sent to Iraq on pallets went missing under Bush. Stolen, misplaced, lost? No one knows. Did you raise hell over that 6.6 Billion?

Hey I wasn't the idiot that promised..Obama promised to "And when I'm president, I will go line by line to make sure that we are not spending money unwisely."

I put "lie" in quotes because I think the word can't really be applied accurately in this context - but in this context, it would fit Obama's claims.

I realize the above statement might be hard to understand, but I don't know of any better way of putting it.

He must "approve" a budget for their to be a budget. But he can't "approve" specific pieces of funding, like the OP is claiming.

There is no way for Obama to have "approved" or "disapproved" the spending of $900,000 to service empty bank accounts.

He is the CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER of the country!
Not many CEOs would have their jobs if they:
A) LIED by saying Obama promised to "And when I'm president, I will go line by line to make sure that we are not spending money unwisely."

B) Then as the CEO can't even direct his underlings to watch things like this?

Is the government to big EVEN for YOUR GOD to run...
Remember the MSM lackeys called Obama a GOD!!!'

Well, our job is to bash the president, that's what we do." --
Evan Thomas responding to a question on whether the media's unfair to Bush on the TV talk show Inside Washington,
Newsweek's Evan Thomas: 'Our Job Is To Bash the President' | NewsBusters

Now which president was Evan Thomas talking about when he said..

I mean in a way Obama’s standing above the country, above – above the world, he’s sort of God."
Evan Thomas on Hardball,
Newsweek?s Evan Thomas: Obama Is ?Sort of God? | NewsBusters

Obviously this "GOD" has some integrity problems "LINE BY LINE" and some authoritarian problems ... can't even close bank accounts with no money!

e=theDoctorisIn;7144206]

I put "lie" in quotes because I think the word can't really be applied accurately in this context - but in this context, it would fit Obama's claims

do you not realize you just contradicted yourself? you start off by proclaiming "lie" can't really be applied accurately here, then you end up saying, but, here, it is actually a lie.

are you ok?

try logic and clear thinking.

did the OP claim only specific pieces? why just you constantly use quotes around words that do not need quotes. approve is the actual issue here, thus the two finger quote/unquote doesn't apply here.

again, open up a civics book like you instructed the OP creator to do. he could veto the entire bill, send it back and use his bully pulpit to convince congress to remove that part. seriously, i can't believe you dissed on someone else's knowledge of civics, when you clearly know very little about civics.

what?

It is one of the oddest spending habits in Washington: This year, the government will spend at least $890,000 on service fees for bank accounts that have nothing in them. At last count, Uncle Sam has 13,712 such accounts, each with a balance of zero.

- spend $2.6 million to make sure prostitutes in China drink less on the job.
- $1.44 million in federal funds estimating the size of the population and examining the “social milieu”
of male prostitutes in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
- on-tax-dollars-spent-to-study-male-prostitutes-in-vietnam
- Washington spends $25 billion annually maintaining unused or vacant federal properties

So if we take Obama at his word that he went through the budget LINE by LINE and approved spending TAX dollars that could go to soldiers, et.al. on Chinese/Vietnamese prostitutes???

Try reading the article, and note this:
“We have worked with agencies to improve the timely closeout of grants,” said Danny Werfel, the controller at the Office of Management and Budget, in an e-mail. “Agencies have made noteworthy progress so far, with the number of zero balance accounts falling by more than 50 percent since the end of fiscal year 2011.” Back then, the total was more than 28,000.

See you quote the realist! This is great they've done a good job in closing them!

So if I can grant Obama's underlings are working towards it... then why are you assholes so bent on BLAMING Bush when these EVENTS occurred that BUSH had nothing to do with and STILL Bush had more people working and a GDP that grew by 16% Versus dipshit who's record is CLOSING BUSINESSES!
PLUS Obama as all other Presidents NEVER FACED what Bush faced in his 8 years... AND I'D like ANY of you to refute these cataclysmic events!

1) Dot.com bust cost $5 trillion in lost market value.. this means every year for 30 years now starting in 2000 the federal revenue is over $66 billion written off against taxes owed.
How many people LOST jobs due to the bust??
According to the Los Angeles Times, when the dot-com bubble burst, it wiped out $5 trillion dollars in market value for tech companies. More than half of the Internet companies created since 1995 were gone by 2004 -
and hundreds of thousands of skilled technology workers were out of jobs.
The dot-com bubble: How to lose $5 trillion ? Anderson Cooper 360 - CNN.com Blogs

2) Did YOU forget that 9/11 occurred and it cost $2 trillion over the next 30 years again $33 billion will NOT BE PAiD.. was that Bush's fault?
Jobs lost in New York owing to the attacks: 146,100 JUST in New York!!
Year 2001: September 11 Terrorist Attacks
The 9/11 terrorist attacks were the events that helped shape other financial events of the decade. After that terrible day in September 2001, our economic climate was never to be the same again. It was only the third time in history that the New York Stock Exchange was shut down for a period of time. In this case, it was closed from September 10 - 17. Besides the tragic human loss of that day, the economic loss cannot even be estimated. Some estimate that there was over $60 billion in insurance losses alone.
Approximately 18,000 small businesses were either displaced or destroyed in Lower Manhattan after the Twin Towers fell. There was a buildup in homeland security on all levels. 9/11 caused a catastrophic financial loss for the U.S.
The Top 10 Financial Events of the Decade

3) $1 trillion in written off losses due to the WORST Hurricane SEASONS in history!
The worst Katrina made landfall in Louisiana as a Category 3 in 2005. It took 1,836 lives and caused $81.2 billion in damages. Andrew slammed into South Florida in 1992 as a Category 5. It caused 40 deaths and $30 billion in property damage. More than 250,000 people were left homeless and 82,000 businesses were destroyed or damaged.
Hurricane Katrina ALONE! Year 2005: Hurricanes Katrina and Rita
On August 25, 2005, Hurricane Katrina hit the Gulf Coast of the U.S. as a strong Category 3 or low Category 4 storm. It quickly became the biggest natural disaster in U.S. history, almost destroying New Orleans due to severe flooding.

Hurricane Rita quickly followed Katrina only to make matters worse. Between the two, more than $200 billion in damage was done. 400,000 jobs were lost and 275,000 homes were destroyed. Many of the jobs and homes were never to be recovered. Hundreds of thousands of people were displaced and over 1,000 were killed and more are missing. The effect on oil and gasoline prices was long-lasting.

400,000 jobs due to Hurricanes Katrina/Rita
145,000 jobs in NYC alone due to 9/11
300,000 jobs lost due to dot.com busts.

Almost 1 million jobs alone from those 3 events

All of this while having almost $100 billion a year in tax revenue due to the above losses !

4) Economic terrorist attack 9/18/2008 or how the world almost came to the end at 2pm on 9/18/2008.
How close to entire collapse the ENTIRE world's economy was on 9/18/2008 when an economic terrorist attack occurred..

On Thursday (Sept 18), at 11am the Federal Reserve noticed a tremendous draw-down of money market accounts in the U.S., to the tune of $550 billion was being drawn out in the matter of an hour or two. The Treasury ...estimation is that by 2pm that afternoon, $5.5 trillion would have been drawn out of the money market system of the U.S., would have collapsed the entire economy of the U.S., and within 24 hours the world economy would have collapsed. It would have been the end of our economic system and our political system as we know it."
Zero Hedge: How The World Almost Came To An End At 2PM On September 18

Again all this happened and at the same time the MSM was bashing the President DAILY!

Evan Thomas responding to a question on whether the media's unfair to Bush on the TV talk show Inside Washington,
February 2, 2007.Newsweek's Evan Thomas: 'Our Job Is To Bash the President' | NewsBusters

All of those events occurred BUT dumb f..ks like you obviously have no memory!

- $1.44 million in federal funds estimating the size of the population and examining the “social milieu”
- Washington spends $25 billion annually maintaining unused or vacant federal properties

So if we take Obama at his word that he went through the budget LINE by LINE and approved spending TAX dollars that could go to soldiers, et.al. on Chinese/Vietnamese prostitutes???

But that story in WaPo has nothing to do with earmarks. Did you read it? Why do you people just make shit up?

The story is about the federal government maintaining bank accounts that have zero balances. Obama didn't sign off on $900K. Read the damn story.

But Obama feed your perceptions he was looking out for you when he said..

Obama is the CEO of the USA! If he brags he was going line by line THEN EITHER HE LIED and he is stupid or HE KNEW and LIED just to get idiots like you to vote for HIM!
The Messiah!!!

How many promises has he kept? Can you name one?

“We have worked with agencies to improve the timely closeout of grants,” said Danny Werfel, the controller at the Office of Management and Budget, in an e-mail. “Agencies have made noteworthy progress so far, with the number of zero balance accounts falling by more than 50 percent since the end of fiscal year 2011.” Back then, the total was more than 28,000.

See you quote the realist! This is great they've done a good job in closing them!

So if I can grant Obama's underlings are working towards it... then why are you assholes so bent on BLAMING Bush when these EVENTS occurred that BUSH had nothing to do with and STILL Bush had more people working and a GDP that grew by 16% Versus dipshit who's record is CLOSING BUSINESSES!
PLUS Obama as all other Presidents NEVER FACED what Bush faced in his 8 years... AND I'D like ANY of you to refute these cataclysmic events!

1) Dot.com bust cost $5 trillion in lost market value.. this means every year for 30 years now starting in 2000 the federal revenue is over $66 billion written off against taxes owed.
According to the Los Angeles Times, when the dot-com bubble burst, it wiped out $5 trillion dollars in market value for tech companies. More than half of the Internet companies created since 1995 were gone by 2004 -
The dot-com bubble: How to lose $5 trillion ? Anderson Cooper 360 - CNN.com Blogs

2) Did YOU forget that 9/11 occurred and it cost $2 trillion over the next 30 years again $33 billion will NOT BE PAiD.. was that Bush's fault?
The 9/11 terrorist attacks were the events that helped shape other financial events of the decade. After that terrible day in September 2001, our economic climate was never to be the same again. It was only the third time in history that the New York Stock Exchange was shut down for a period of time. In this case, it was closed from September 10 - 17. Besides the tragic human loss of that day, the economic loss cannot even be estimated. Some estimate that there was over $60 billion in insurance losses alone.
Approximately 18,000 small businesses were either displaced or destroyed in Lower Manhattan after the Twin Towers fell. There was a buildup in homeland security on all levels. 9/11 caused a catastrophic financial loss for the U.S.

3) $1 trillion in written off losses due to the WORST Hurricane SEASONS in history!
The worst Katrina made landfall in Louisiana as a Category 3 in 2005. It took 1,836 lives and caused $81.2 billion in damages. Andrew slammed into South Florida in 1992 as a Category 5. It caused 40 deaths and $30 billion in property damage. More than 250,000 people were left homeless and 82,000 businesses were destroyed or damaged.
On August 25, 2005, Hurricane Katrina hit the Gulf Coast of the U.S. as a strong Category 3 or low Category 4 storm. It quickly became the biggest natural disaster in U.S. history, almost destroying New Orleans due to severe flooding.

Hurricane Rita quickly followed Katrina only to make matters worse. Between the two, more than $200 billion in damage was done. 400,000 jobs were lost and 275,000 homes were destroyed. Many of the jobs and homes were never to be recovered. Hundreds of thousands of people were displaced and over 1,000 were killed and more are missing. The effect on oil and gasoline prices was long-lasting.

All of this while having almost $100 billion a year in tax revenue due to the above losses !

4) Economic terrorist attack 9/18/2008 or how the world almost came to the end at 2pm on 9/18/2008.
How close to entire collapse the ENTIRE world's economy was on 9/18/2008 when an economic terrorist attack occurred..

On Thursday (Sept 18), at 11am the Federal Reserve noticed a tremendous draw-down of money market accounts in the U.S., to the tune of $550 billion was being drawn out in the matter of an hour or two. The Treasury ...estimation is that by 2pm that afternoon, $5.5 trillion would have been drawn out of the money market system of the U.S., would have collapsed the entire economy of the U.S., and within 24 hours the world economy would have collapsed. It would have been the end of our economic system and our political system as we know it."

Again all this happened and at the same time the MSM was bashing the President DAILY!

February 2, 2007.Newsweek's Evan Thomas: 'Our Job Is To Bash the President' | NewsBusters

How many threads are you going to copy pasta this stupid bullshit in? It's too long, improperly formatted and really fucking annoying with the red font. No one is going to read it.

Health seems to believe that because these accounts exist that means Obama didn't go over the budget. Of course he has no proof of this but he continues to float the idea anyway.

Shouldn't you be blaming the midlevel bureaucrat for not monitoring the bank fees?

Or the bank for charging fees on empty accounts instead of calling the government bureaucrat and saying "your account is empty, do you want to close it?" You would think the bank would consider a civic duty not to screw the government and thus the tax payers.

Oh, that's right, you're an idiot who doesn't know how many people work at various levels of the federal government and would rather blame every $ of waste directly on the Black guy.

If you'll recall 6.6 BILLION DOLLARS sent to Iraq on pallets went missing under Bush. Stolen, misplaced, lost? No one knows. Did you raise hell over that 6.6 Billion?

You know If this happened which it has been proven by the way...Bush was wrong to let it happen I agree!
But is Bush smarter then Obama and did he KNOW exactly what his powers were and as a result YOU NEVER heard Bush brag and loudly proclaim these stupid promises!!

And these other STUPID ASS Promises that Bush was too principled ,too smart and definitely much wiser then Obama to make:::
"I have made a solemn pledge that I will sign a universal health care bill into law by the end of my first term as president that will cover every American and cut the cost of a typical family's premiums by up to $2,500 a year." - Hartford, Conn., June 23, 2007 Didn't happen! Costs have gone UP $3,000!

BIG OBAMA LIE:"If you like your health-care plan, you keep your health-care plan. Nobody is going to force you to leave your health-care plan. If you like your doctor, you keep seeing your doctor. I don't want government bureaucrats meddling in your health care."

AND NOW his OWN "administration’s own analysis predicts that its health care law will cause 66 percent of workers in small businesses to lose their current coverage,” Herrera said. Millions Expected to Lose Their Current Coverage Under Obamacare | Heartlander Magazine

I could go on and on but let this web site go into greater details!

Obama's Gaffes, Lies, Hypocrisy, Broken Promises & Exaggerations!

How many threads are you going to copy pasta this stupid bullshit in? It's too long, improperly formatted and really fucking annoying with the red font. No one is going to read it.

"pasta"???

So yer saying the people that voted for Obama after he said he would go line by line, bill by bill.... are dumber than someone who has a quick glance at a civics textbook?

Interesting!

I wonder where that puts Obama on that spectrum, seeing as he said it. Maybe he knowingly lied... Maybe he knowingly lied because he knew his base was to dumb to understand he was lying?

Health seems to believe that because these accounts exist that means Obama didn't go over the budget. Of course he has no proof of this but he continues to float the idea anyway.

I just have to ask... Do you think Obama went over the budget? Just a polite and simple question.

I doubt Obama even read 1 sentence worth of words or looked at a single number of a budget.

So yer saying the people that voted for Obama after he said he would go line by line, bill by bill.... are dumber than someone who has a quick glance at a civics textbook?

Interesting!

I wonder where that puts Obama on that spectrum, seeing as he said it. Maybe he knowingly lied... Maybe he knowingly lied because he knew his base was to dumb to understand he was lying?

^ that is FOUR posters doc.....

you can't hide anymore

How many promises has he kept? Can you name one?

politicfact has him at 44% promises kept

Yes, but look at the ones he kept VS the ones he broke.

We're talking Give money to welfare person #29,029,033, Promise kept! VS Close Guantanamo...

Looking over some of the stuff I find it interesting, Obama kept the Bush era tax cuts but gets credit for a compromise? Then the Bush era tax cuts end by force, Obama fought against it, yet he still get's credit...

I'll bet Obama gets credit for ending the Iraq war on the Bush eras timetable, despite trying to keep the war going... Is that marked up a as promise kept or compromise?

Or how about not running for a second term if the economy is still in the shitter...

Forum List

Back