Obama and Wall Street.

Barrack Obama has received more money from Wall Street in than anyone in the last 20 years. Can someone tell me why I should believe he hates people that have given him $16,004,693 in the 5 years he has been on the national scene?

Securities & Investment | Influence Explorer: Campaign Finance and Lobbying

full-auto-albums-obama-care-picture3778-2bccc42e0ec3f96a149d3eeb37cb06d1.jpg

Obama is definitely too friendly with Wall Street. In that respect, he might as well be a Republican. :tongue:

That kind of information you have to sit down and look into, these people have no interest in doing such. It's easy as Dragon just did to blame all evils on Republican values. If Obama did something bad it's because he was either tricked into it by Republicans or Obama accidently did something Republican. It's never actually Obama or Democrats fault their policy failed and was brought up, voted on and passed by them.

Both parties have done horrible things, especially in these last years. To blame one is Tin Foil hate worthy.

Avoryspoon, you're twisting my words. Let me clarify.

The problem is that corporations have too much control over the government through campaign donations and campaign spending. The government serves their interest when it should be serving the interest of the people.

Obama is at fault for that, as are most Democrats and almost all Republicans. The problem is not partisan. The problem is corruption.

The problem is that corporations have too much control over the government through campaign donations and campaign spending. The government serves their interest when it should be serving the interest of the people.

Obama is at fault for that, as are most Democrats and almost all Republicans. The problem is not partisan. The problem is corruption.

I agree but I didn't twist your words.

Can someone tell me why I should believe he hates people that have given him $16,004,693 in the 5 years he has been on the national scene?

Because it's Monday! On Mondays the line is that he's an anti-business, radical Marxist neighborhood agitator whose sole purpose in life is to tear down all institutions currently holding power.

On Tuesday, however, he's a corporate pawn, a tool of the status quo who, along with his cadre of former Wall Streeters, is dedicated only to cementing that status quo and protecting (even expanding!) the influence of the corporate Powers That Be.

So check back in tomorrow.

But that's not the real answer. You can't switch off like that with the day of the week! You have to believe both at once. To truly despise Obama, you have to believe all bad things about him at once, especially the ones in discord with one another. You're not going to get far in conservative circles until you let the uncomfortable tension, the cognitive dissonance of simultaneously believing two diametrically opposed ideas give way to the sweet partisan satisfaction of doublethink. Only then will you be able to roll with the best of the right.

Last edited:
What a dilemma.
His money source and his vote source come from different sides of the political divide!

Can someone tell me why I should believe he hates people that have given him $16,004,693 in the 5 years he has been on the national scene?

Because it's Monday! On Mondays the line is that he's an anti-business, radical Marxist neighborhood agitator whose sole purpose in life is to tear down all institutions currently holding power.

On Tuesday, however, he's a corporate pawn, a tool of the status quo who, along with his cadre of former Wall Streeters, is dedicated only to cementing that status quo and protecting (even expanding!) the influence of the corporate Powers That Be.

But that's not the real answer. You can't switch off like that with the day of the week! You have to believe both at once. To truly despise Obama, you have to believe all bad things about him at once, especially the ones in discord with one another. You're not going to get far in conservative circles until you let the uncomfortable tension, the cognitive dissonance of simultaneously believing two diametrically opposed ideas give way to the sweet partisan satisfaction of doublethink. Only then will you be able to roll with the best of the right.

Obama can switch positions mid-speech.

Even Rachel Maddow has noticed that strange power of his.

I agree but I didn't twist your words.

Yes, you did. You turned it into a partisan statement, and one excusing Obama, when that was not my intent at all.

I did not say you did, I said you make it out as if Republicans are the super bad and Obama was "too friendly" to wall street. You make Republican a bad name by claiming if Obama is doing something "too friendly" with bad people by passing bad policy than he is a Republican. You made it partisan, not that I care because both sides are the problem and bad on this issue, I simply pointed out that Obama is a Democrat and he is doing these things, not a Republican.

To try and save the word Democrat by pawning all bad doings by Democrats onto Republican is part of the problem, that is what I was driving at. Blame Obama and blame the other Democrats for acting like Democrats when they do bad things.

He is not anti business, he is anti competition to his big money supporters, which is why he wants to implement a massive regulatory environment that makes new businesses prohibitively expensive.

Nice try on claiming I have cognitive dissonance when you claim he wants to save money by increasing the cost of health care and spreading the expense around in an attempt to hide it.

Last edited:

I'd pretty much agree with your point about corporations, but what about unions? I think they've got too much control gov't too. Especially the public unions, it's just not right that these guys can pour hundreds of millions into campaign donations to elect the same people that agree to their compensation and benefits contracts.

To me the real issue is that the pols have a short term view stretching only as far as the next election. They have little interest in long term solutions that won't help them get re-elected, and as a result we're not doing very well at adequately addressing our major problems.

He's in bed with Rich Businessmen and trying to take down/punish Rich Businessmen all at once. Wow, it was tough to type that with a straight face.

Forum List

Back