Obama 'amused' by Tea Parties

Philobeado

Gold Member
Apr 8, 2009
Gulf of Mexico Coast, Texas
One of the most conservative members of Congress says President Obama must be completely out of touch with reality for making light of the recent Tea Party gatherings around the country.

President Obama said during a Democratic fundraiser in Miami that he was "amused" by anti-tax Tea Party rallies that took place prior to and on Tax Day (April 15). The president told the gathering that he has cut taxes, contrary to the claims of the protestors, and he commented, "You would think they'd be saying 'thank you.'"

Congressman Steve King (R-Iowa) attended two Tea Party rallies in Washington, DC, on April 15, and he contends the president's comments are amusing.

"The president has to be completely out of touch with America if he's amused by what's going on here," King argues. "We are not amused by what he is doing. [For] the President of the United States to be amused and to say that we all ought to say 'thank you' for what he's done to our economy in this country, the best way to respond to that, I guess, is to laugh."

The congressman wonders if the president will be amused by the results of the upcoming mid-term elections.

Obama 'amused' by Tea Parties (OneNewsNow.com)

It's a shame the president can't be a real leader and step up with an acknowledgment of their concerns...I mean, how hard would it be for him to make one simple symbolic unifying statement on tax day?

"Hey fellow citizens of the Tea Party, I hear your concerns and we're working hard to find rational solutions to these complex issues!"
:thup:

God forbid! :doubt:

There is a forum for this, why do you start such threads here?

The big government dickheads will soon be along to tell us soon how we are all wrong, racist and whatever because we refuse to do what they do, lick the dingle berries off Barry's ass.

marie-antoinette-obama.jpg

One of the most conservative members of Congress says President Obama must be completely out of touch with reality for making light of the recent Tea Party gatherings around the country.

President Obama said during a Democratic fundraiser in Miami that he was "amused" by anti-tax Tea Party rallies that took place prior to and on Tax Day (April 15). The president told the gathering that he has cut taxes, contrary to the claims of the protestors, and he commented, "You would think they'd be saying 'thank you.'"

Congressman Steve King (R-Iowa) attended two Tea Party rallies in Washington, DC, on April 15, and he contends the president's comments are amusing.

"The president has to be completely out of touch with America if he's amused by what's going on here," King argues. "We are not amused by what he is doing. [For] the President of the United States to be amused and to say that we all ought to say 'thank you' for what he's done to our economy in this country, the best way to respond to that, I guess, is to laugh."

The congressman wonders if the president will be amused by the results of the upcoming mid-term elections.

Obama 'amused' by Tea Parties (OneNewsNow.com)

I get a chuckle out of them myself.

Just more condescending behavior from Obama. He is the most arrogant person I've ever seen. Unbelievable. He truly is in love with himself, will not admit that he has ever done anything wrong in his entire life, and he damned sure isn't going to take any criticism from anybody. Just like he said about the bills he's been pushing through: We're going to pass this ... with you or without you. Sort of overstepping the boundaries between the Executive and Legislative branches of government.

So, he finds the Tea Party people ... "amusing."

To his credit, he did try to keep it light.

To his discredit, he continues to mock mainstream America and its concerns, and I don't care how 'intelligent' he is, that is neither unifying nor smart.

He obviously isn't getting that the people out there are smart enough to know that the few bucks some gratuitously got in their paychecks isn't even a spit in the wind compared to the trillions of dollars borrowed that they and their children for generations will be expected to pay.

His schtick simply isn't working with the average American anymore.

AAAObama.jpg

It's a shame the president can't be a real leader and step up with an acknowledgment of their concerns...I mean, how hard would it be for him to make one simple symbolic unifying statement on tax day?

"Hey fellow citizens of the Tea Party, I hear your concerns and we're working hard to find rational solutions to these complex issues!"

I agree and such a thing would be a refreshing change of pace for any President, Congressman or Governor.

I doubt I will ever live to see such a thing though.

Immie

Just more condescending behavior from Obama. He is the most arrogant person I've ever seen. Unbelievable. He truly is in love with himself, will not admit that he has ever done anything wrong in his entire life, and he damned sure isn't going to take any criticism from anybody. Just like he said about the bills he's been pushing through: We're going to pass this ... with you or without you. Sort of overstepping the boundaries between the Executive and Legislative branches of government.

So, he finds the Tea Party people ... "amusing."

No way!

John Kerry had him beat hands down.

Immie

To his credit, he did try to keep it light.

To his discredit, he continues to mock mainstream America and its concerns, and I don't care how 'intelligent' he is, that is neither unifying nor smart.

He obviously isn't getting that the people out there are smart enough to know that the few bucks some gratuitously got in their paychecks isn't even a spit in the wind compared to the trillions of dollars borrowed that they and their children for generations will be expected to pay.

His schtick simply isn't working with the average American anymore.

AAAObama.jpg

That list of achievements missed an important one:

Universal Health Care which would have had to have a 1/2 sign in the box because he is half way there.

Immie

Why try and ration with the inherently irrational?

BTW, since the tea parties has "no leaders" and no "platform", there really is nothing to compromise about.

BTW, since the tea parties has "no leaders" and no "platform", there really is nothing to compromise about.

He doesn't have to rationalize with them, but you know... a President (hell a politician) that treated the opposition as human beings would be a breath of fresh air.

Immie

He doesn't have to rationalize with them, but you know... a President (hell a politician) that treated the opposition as human beings would be a breath of fresh air.

Immie

I don't think he called the tea party movement "sub-human" or even really mocked them. Why are the people in the tea party so hypersensitive about anyone who is skeptical of them?

It's some massive overcompensation, IMO.

Immie

I don't think he called the tea party movement "sub-human" or even really mocked them. Why are the people in the tea party so hypersensitive about anyone who is skeptical of them?

1) I did not say he called them "sub-human"

2) I am not a part of the Tea Party.

3) My point was that it would be nice if a politician treated his opposition as if they were human. You know... the Golden Rule?

Immie

Immie

Perhaps over compensation, but you have not been part of something you believe in that has been mocked, belittled, patronized, demeaned, diminished, and accused of all sorts of ridiculous things almost non stop by the Administration, leftist members of Congress, the leftist entertainers, and most of the mainstream media. Even former Pres Clinton chimed in this past week that Tea Party protests and the media that supports them are likely inciting another Timohy McVeigh.

We've been hearing for months how we should be so grateful and appreciative of all these efforts on our behalf. So when this comes on top of all the rest, it sounds like 'mocking'. And if Pres Obama was anywhere near the uniter that he campaigned that he was, he should recognize that. He is certainly hypersensitive when he is criticized. it seems the man has no empathy at all.

And the most insulting thing he does is playing us for the gullible sheep and fools that he seems to believe that we are:

Obamadispensingmoney.jpg

I'd be amused too. People arguing about taxes when federal taxes are at their lowest point in sixty years. Plus, the majority of corporations don't even pay taxes.

Add to the fact that the tea parties still support Bush in great numbers, and Palin too. Plus, the fact they only came about after Obama was elected, they are just another arm of the GOP until proven otherwise.

Forum List

Back