Obama: All this darned media is putting “pressure” on our democracy

teapartysamurai

Gold Member
Mar 27, 2010
That darn freedom of speech, expression, and the press. Boo freaking hoo, it's getting in Obama's way.

When liberals start whining about too much democracy what they are whining about is, they can't lie to us without someone cutting in and blurting out the truth. Oh boo freaking hoo, why can't liberals have a closed society like Stalin had.

This is why they are always admiring dictators like Castro. Dictators like Castro get to jail their detractors.

See it here: Hot Air Obama: All this darned media is putting “pressure” on our democracy

Oh boo freaking hoo, those darn Ipods, Xboxes and Ipads.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yeah, that pesky Freedom of Speech and the media 'run amok' that keeps informing the people, I guess it threatens those who desire to be authoritarian dictators.

obama_hamptonu050910.jpg

Well....he's showing his hand again.

Everyone who defends this guy wants to ignore it but it's getting hard to defend this.

Speaking at Hampton Univ. the president started making fun of technology and even said they are a distraction from what should be their real goal..he said emancipation should be their goal. He even said that the Ipod and other forms of media puts pressure on Democracy.

Obama, who often chides journalists and cable news outlets for obsessing with political horse race coverage rather than serious issues, told a class of graduating university students that education was the key to progress.

"You're coming of age in a 24/7 media environment that bombards us with all kinds of content and exposes us to all kinds of arguments, some of which don't always rank all that high on the truth meter," Obama said at Hampton University, Virginia.

"With iPods and iPads and Xboxes and PlayStations, -- none of which I know how to work --[LIE] information becomes a distraction, a diversion, a form of entertainment, rather than a tool of empowerment, rather than the means of emancipation," Obama said.

He bemoaned the fact that "some of the craziest claims can quickly claim traction," in the clamor of certain blogs and talk radio outlets.

"All of this is not only putting new pressures on you, it is putting new pressures on our country and on our democracy."

I guess he's speaking of his form of Democracy..not the kind that you and I grew up with.

You know...the freedom to voice your opinions and to share your views outside the MSM that he currently controls.

Then he threw out the race card.

....he urged the graduates to take inspiration from the example of Dorothy Height, a civil and women's rights icon who died, aged 98, last month, who fought racial prejudice to secure a college education.

"A black woman, in 1929, refusing to be denied her dream of a college education," Obama said, reprising Height's life story.

"Refusing to be denied her rights, refusing to be denied her dignity, refusing to be denied... her piece of America's promise."

Sounds like it came right out of a sermon from Rev. Wright. with shades of ACORN splashed all over it. [Look up Camp Obama]

By the way...no report that I saw even mentions that Hampton is a historically Black University, so of course he mentions racial-prejudice continuing to fan the flames of hatred and bigotry in the minds of our youth.

So black students, according to the president, shouldn't listen to music, [I can't believe he's serious] shouldn't pay attention to any media sources outside the ones he wants them to pay attention to, [I know he's serious] and should remember that they are still in a civil rights struggle...even thought those days are long gone.

Well, the President is still living in the 60s and he wants our kids to live there with him. All of this inflammatory rhetoric sounds so harmless but I believe it inspires not only greatness in kids but a belief that they are superior to their contemporaries. Black kids eat this shit up with a spoon. He's reminding them of how things used to be but he forgets to tell them that things are better. Probably because he doesn't think it is.

Perhaps he wants the pendulum to swing the other way and he wants to be the oppressor rather then the oppressed. Perhaps he feels that with an acceptable kind of education...the one that he feels is proper....and controlled....finally blacks will gain their freedom and justice.

Somebody tell me, what, in his mind, is keeping these college kids from getting both?

Obama Speaks at Hampton University Commencement | ABC 7 News

AFP: Obama bemoans 'diversions' of IPod, Xbox era

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
"oh boo freaking hoo"

-yet you're the one who made the thread.

teehee. /corny.

"What good fortune for those in power that people do not think". - Adolf Hitler

"...information becomes a distraction, a diversion, a form of entertainment — rather than a tool of empowerment, rather than the means of emancipation. It is putting new pressures on our country and on our democracy." - Barack Obama

He'll do the thinking for you, don't worry so much.

• Thanks
This message board is proof enough that he's right.

People come running with faked stories from WND, MM, etc. and come spread them as Gospel, and of course the more misinformed people are, the more strained the Democracy(Republic?) is. It's not rocket science.

"...information becomes a distraction, a diversion, a form of entertainment — rather than a tool of empowerment, rather than the means of emancipation. It is putting new pressures on our country and on our democracy." - Barack Obama

Yet, he's right. You're a fucking birther for christ's sake.

Knowledge is power. Information is power. The secreting or hoarding of knowledge or information may be an act of tyranny camouflaged as humility.

--Robin Morgan

Funny how the smartest president of all time now calls information a "distraction". Could it be he actually believes the only information we should be allowed to access be government approved?

• Thanks

Only because so many people, like his own Grandmother, keep saying he was born in Kenya

Only because so many people, like his own Grandmother, keep saying he was born in Kenya
The one who doesn't speak english? And you believe her over his American family because???

Oh yea, I already know. You hate him so "of course! he's Kenyan. SEE! His Grammy said it!"

Whatever passes for logic for you is fine by me, but it does prove his statement y'all are whining about. Your idiocy-spreading puts a strain on the Democracy, it's exactly as he said. Look at..........................yourself, for an example. Obama's Hitler, don't forget. You probably can't wait until he opens Concentration Camps and kills Millions to prove your point. You're a sick fuck, guy. Seek help.

HEY, I think the Obama hatred has gone too far and IS hurting our country, and I think the whining little twits that make crap up just to get their obamaramadrama allocation in for the day ARE hurting our country....

Free speech is free speech and protected by the constitution if you are not lying....but if you are lying or not telling the whole truth, it is NOT protected speech....just in case you all did not know that....

The one who doesn't speak english? And you believe her over his American family because???

Oh yea, I already know. You hate him so "of course! he's Kenyan. SEE! His Grammy said it!"

Whatever passes for logic for you is fine by me, but it does prove his statement y'all are whining about. Your idiocy-spreading puts a strain on the Democracy, it's exactly as he said. Look at..........................yourself, for an example. Obama's Hitler, don't forget. You probably can't wait until he opens Concentration Camps and kills Millions to prove your point. You're a sick fuck, guy. Seek help.

Hey Doc, do you see how much in common there is between Obama and Hitler? Just fucking take a look! It's not stuff I made up, it's there!!

This message board is proof enough that he's right.

People come running with faked stories from WND, MM, etc. and come spread them as Gospel, and of course the more misinformed people are, the more strained the Democracy(Republic?) is. It's not rocket science.

That's true....but Obama himself has sponsored sites that practice this form of misinformation.

They feature pages on their sites that print lies and they avoid at the same time any responsibility by inserting a legal statement that they don't endorse the content.....but of course they pay for it...which is pretty much the same thing.

HEY, I think the Obama hatred has gone too far and IS hurting our country, and I think the whining little twits that make crap up just to get their obamaramadrama allocation in for the day ARE hurting our country....

Free speech is free speech and protected by the constitution if you are not lying....but if you are lying or not telling the whole truth, it is NOT protected speech....just in case you all did not know that....

Get to the larger issue.

Is our access to information a distraction or in reality is it empowering the people too much for government to accept.

It certainly is not Obama's or any politician's job to tell us what information is relevant is it?

Exactly.

I don't know how these people even go through life. I assume they don't believe their own fucking shit. If they did, their bags would be packed by now.

Pussies, in a word. Fucking pussies.

If I listened to their shit under Clinton, when I was in Middle school, I'd think I would be DOOMED!! by now.

They've raved on and on, but I still have a good life. I'm waiting, but I can't seem to find my Hitler-style Armageddon.

LIAR LIAR PANTS ON FIRE! His grandmother has done no such thing as to keep saying he was born in Kenya! She kept repeating that HE WAS NOT born there, but the interviewer KEPT trying to deny her repeated statements of such....kept trying to put words in her mouth.... I heard the tape frank....it just figures ....you obviously, DID NOT.:cuckoo:

Well, this is about the tenth thread here on this; who still wants to claim that the wingnuts don't get marching orders from wingnut central?

:lol::lol::lol:

Hey Doc, do you see how much in common there is between Obama and Hitler? Just fucking take a look! It's not stuff I made up, it's there!!

Ok, and you probably enjoy the same music as Manson. Does that make you a serial killer, pea-brain?

Get to the larger issue.

Is our access to information a distraction or in reality is it empowering the people too much for government to accept.

It certainly is not Obama's or any politician's job to tell us what information is relevant is it?

It's actually not a big fucking deal what his opinion is on what the info. overload age is doing, so long as he's not legislating that opinion. Run and hide under the covers though.

Also, he's exactly right. Look at Frank.

Knowledge is power. Information is power. The secreting or hoarding of knowledge or information may be an act of tyranny camouflaged as humility.
--Robin Morgan

New Topics

Forum List

Back