Obama Administration to Ban Asthma Inhalers Over Environmental Concerns

Right, that's why they use pumps for spray paint. The venturi solely determines droplet size only among pump sprays.

You're basing your claims on your expert medical credentials, right?

I think we should leave these decisions to doctors, not you or EPA bureaucrats, don't you?

Yep.. EPA shouldn't be making decisions on inhaler/nebulizer designs. PERIOD..

And they aren't. International law, of which we are a signatory, is.

flacidman said:
I led a team designing a nebulizer for CF medication. With a nebulizer, the droplet size is EXCEEDINGLY small and uniform. And this is used in high end (mostly clinical, not home use) drug delivery. Cost of these delivery systems is HIGH because of govt mandated reimbursements -- not cost of manufacture. Our nebulizer had no cost controls because it was designed to admin CF drugs at HOME rather than as out-patient. And therefore the govt reimbursement would be the SAME AMOUNT even if the patient didn't have to sit in a clinic for administration. THUS -- the govt took the efficiency improvement right OUT of the cost equation. Which is why -- costs for common techniques never go down no matter what technical innovations or cost savings are applied...

I paid $70 for my nebulizer, and pay $12.00/month for the medication. Next.

Must be easier to nebulize your drug and deliver it. In the case of the CF drug, the drug release had to be coordinated with a particular portion and velocity of the breath pattern to be effective.. Included the ability to measure the breath cycle and velocity. And the drug was WAY more expensive.

COULD HAVE cared about expense.. But no one did -- because they got paid the same for the procedure..

flacidman said:
I led a team designing a nebulizer for CF medication. With a nebulizer, the droplet size is EXCEEDINGLY small and uniform. And this is used in high end (mostly clinical, not home use) drug delivery. Cost of these delivery systems is HIGH because of govt mandated reimbursements -- not cost of manufacture. Our nebulizer had no cost controls because it was designed to admin CF drugs at HOME rather than as out-patient. And therefore the govt reimbursement would be the SAME AMOUNT even if the patient didn't have to sit in a clinic for administration. THUS -- the govt took the efficiency improvement right OUT of the cost equation. Which is why -- costs for common techniques never go down no matter what technical innovations or cost savings are applied...

Must be easier to nebulize your drug and deliver it. In the case of the CF drug, the drug release had to be coordinated with a particular portion and velocity of the breath pattern to be effective.. Included the ability to measure the breath cycle and velocity. And the drug was WAY more expensive.

COULD HAVE cared about expense.. But no one did -- because they got paid the same for the procedure..

The idiotic OP has been thoroughly discredited and debunked. The Obama Administration is NOT "banning asthma inhalers". This whole thread amounts to rightwingnuts freaking out over phony anti-EPA propaganda and the sane people debunking the lies.

And of course, ol' fecalhead is so insane, he's still trying to argue about it.

Just like the assertion that the EPA is not trying to redesign air conditioners and heat exchangers.

I've got a govt designed heat exchanger that runs all winter long and never blows hot air when the outside temps are below 32 degrees. There is no reason on the planet to be messing with propellants in inhalers.

NONE.....

Just like the assertion that the EPA is not trying to redesign air conditioners and heat exchangers. I've got a govt designed heat exchanger that runs all winter long and never blows hot air when the outside temps are below 32 degrees.
Irrelevant to the topic anecdote based entirely on your own word, fecalhead, and everybody knows what a pathological liar you are.

There is no reason on the planet to be messing with propellants in inhalers.

NONE.....

LOLOLOL. Riiiight.....except for the fact that CFCs destroy the ozone layer and the fact that there are US laws banning their use and international agreements that America has signed that ban their use. Outside of that, sure, "no reason". You poor retard.

banning inhalers. LMBO. Cant make this shit up in 2014!!

What will the human racists try next?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBO2IstMi2A"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBO2IstMi2A[/ame]

Last edited:
banning inhalers. LMBO. Cant make this shit up in 2014!!

LOLOLOLOL....do you TRY to be ridiculously wrong every time you post?

Of course this shit can be 'made up' in 2014, you poor confused retard. That's all that this thread is about is you rightwingnuts making up this fraudulent claim that the Obama Administration is banning asthma inhalers.

You are soooo stupid.

Just like the assertion that the EPA is not trying to redesign air conditioners and heat exchangers. I've got a govt designed heat exchanger that runs all winter long and never blows hot air when the outside temps are below 32 degrees.
Irrelevant to the topic anecdote based entirely on your own word, fecalhead, and everybody knows what a pathological liar you are.

NONE.....

LOLOLOL. Riiiight.....except for the fact that CFCs destroy the ozone layer and the fact that there are US laws banning their use and international agreements that America has signed that ban their use. Outside of that, sure, "no reason". You poor retard.

So when you Warmists have destroyed the electrical grid to get rid of CO2 as a "pollutant" -- you going straight to the BEER AND SODA industry to shut down THOSE POLLUTERS as well? And after beer fizz, and a parade --- you'll march right on to hyperventilating.. Or in your case bloviating and pig farts.. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: You guys crack me up.. Can't leave a single emission ungoverned can ya?

There is no reason or sense of proportion to a leftist crusade is there?

So are ya gonna go after Big BEER to cut CO2 emissions -- Princess BigFont?

Maybe you can get them to make a "simple change" and carbonate with Helium !!!!!!

There is no reason on the planet to be messing with propellants in inhalers. NONE.....

So when you Warmists have destroyed the electrical grid to get rid of CO2 as a "pollutant" -- you going straight to the BEER AND SODA industry to shut down THOSE POLLUTERS as well? And after beer fizz, and a parade --- you'll march right on to hyperventilating.. Or in your case bloviating and pig farts.. You guys crack me up.. Can't leave a single emission ungoverned can ya?
Maybe you can get them to make a "simple change" and carbonate with Helium !!!!!!

And there's some more of ol' fecalhead's meaningless deranged drivel and braindead nonsense. "destroy the electrical grid"??? So....even more insane and irrelevant than usual.

6 electric utilities charging a new energy course

Last edited:

NONE.....

So when you Warmists have destroyed the electrical grid to get rid of CO2 as a "pollutant" -- you going straight to the BEER AND SODA industry to shut down THOSE POLLUTERS as well? And after beer fizz, and a parade --- you'll march right on to hyperventilating.. Or in your case bloviating and pig farts.. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: You guys crack me up.. Can't leave a single emission ungoverned can ya?

LOL......indeed.......these meatheads want to ban everything.......perhaps even breathing someday.

Heres the thing FlaCalTenn.......these AGW assholes are miserable as shit!!! Look a at their posts......consistent mental meltdowns. Because their shit is losing and their perspective is fringe. These people really are :Dhuman racists:D.....the evidence is staggering.

LMAO.....yes......these people will soon target soda and ban it and thump their chests!! And only they will think it popular!!

But here is what is popular and resonates with people on this forum:up: >>>

http://www.usmessageboard.com/environment/313851-more-proof-the-skeptics-are-winning.html

Nobody cares about these other threads of drivel......which is why these people are always hair trigger ready to melt down and call people "retards" in every post. I'll take it......I embrace it. Every time it happens it means we skeptics are winning HUGE!!! We laugh our balls off in this forum every single day......there is a reason. We're not losing.:fu::fu::fu::fu:

These goofballs who rant about CO2........they might as well be standing in the middle of Siberia, naked as a jaybird shouting "FIRE!!". Nobody cares about their shit. It is having ZERO impact in the real world.......even the Obama EIA agrees >>>

4.Fossil fuels will still dominate: They will account for 78 percent of world energy use in 2035. Coal consumption will grow by 1.5 percent a year.

8.Oil consumption keeps growing: The world’s petroleum other liquid fuels usage will increase by 36.9 million barrels a day from 2008 to 2035.

10 predictions for the world's energy future » News » OPB

:DOoooooooops!!!!:D

Yep ahhhhh ( takes toke of ciggy in classic Denis Leary style )........I'll take being a "retard" all day. But......Im a winning one!!!:D:D:funnyface::coffee:

Last edited:

So when you Warmists have destroyed the electrical grid to get rid of CO2 as a "pollutant" -- you going straight to the BEER AND SODA industry to shut down THOSE POLLUTERS as well? And after beer fizz, and a parade --- you'll march right on to hyperventilating.. Or in your case bloviating and pig farts.. You guys crack me up.. Can't leave a single emission ungoverned can ya?

And there's some more of ol' fecalhead's meaningless deranged drivel and braindead nonsense. "destroy the electrical grid"??? So....even more insane and irrelevant than usual.

Against my better judgement -- I clicked your cite. THIS IS EXACTLY the kind of moronic reactionary garbage that will DISMANTLE our electrical grid.. Thinking that full-time DEPENDABLE plants can be bulldozed and replaced with "efficiency", solar and wind.

It will ultimately KILL thousands of people during outages and impoverish Millions more..
THERE ARE no alternatives to coal right now. And we will WASTE a fortune on wind and overapply solar as a 6 hour a day "maybe" supplement.

My comment stands. So are ya gonna go after CO2 beer and soda fizz in the same manner that you claim the government JUST HAS TO go after asthma inhalers???

There are also "international agreements" on CO2 to be met.. What kind of brain-dead leadership would find any threat to the planet in a couple million asthma inhalers or a can of beer?

flacidman said:

The point is that chlorofluorocarbons are not needed to have safe, effective, and inexpensive inhalers available to those who need the medicine. The end.

Against my better judgement -- I clicked your cite. THIS IS EXACTLY the kind of moronic reactionary garbage that will DISMANTLE our electrical grid.. Thinking that full-time DEPENDABLE plants can be bulldozed and replaced with "efficiency", solar and wind.
It will ultimately KILL thousands of people during outages and impoverish Millions more..
THERE ARE no alternatives to coal right now. And we will WASTE a fortune on wind and overapply solar as a 6 hour a day "maybe" supplement.
LOLOL. Of course there are "alternatives to coal" and all of the other fossil fuels, you poor deluded retard. Repeating your deranged denier cult myths over and over won't make them turn real.

Solar Power & Wind Power Now Cheaper Than Coal Power In US

My comment stands. So are ya gonna go after CO2 beer and soda fizz in the same manner that you claim the government JUST HAS TO go after asthma inhalers???
Sometimes I forget how completely insane you actually are, fecalhead.

Beer and sodas are "carbonated" with carbon dioxide that comes from the atmosphere or industrial exhaust gases. That CO2 is not being added to the atmosphere. The only new CO2 accumulating in the atmosphere is from the fossil carbon that has been buried for many millions of years before humans dug it up and burned it, and the CO2 emissions from the melting permafrost areas.

The gas propellant in the asthma inhalers that is being banned is not CO2, moron, it is Chlorofluorocarbon, an artificial gas that was destroying the Earth's protective ozone layer.

You are sooooooooooo retarded.

WASHINGTON — Asthma patients who rely on over-the-counter inhalers will need to switch to prescription-only alternatives as part of the federal government's latest attempt to protect the Earth's atmosphere.

The Food and Drug Administration said Thursday patients who use the epinephrine inhalers to treat mild asthma will need to switch by Dec. 31 to other types that do not contain chlorofluorocarbons, an aerosol substance once found in a variety of spray products.

The action is part of an agreement signed by the U.S. and other nations to stop using substances that deplete the ozone layer, a region in the atmosphere that helps block harmful ultraviolet rays from the Sun.

But the switch to a greener inhaler will cost consumers more. Epinephrine inhalers are available via online retailers for around $20, whereas the alternatives, which contain the drug albuterol, range from $30 to $60.

Asthma inhalers to be phased out to protect ozone layer - TODAY Health - TODAY.com

This kind of asinine bullshit by the EPA is why we are hearing the Republican presidential candidates calling for it to be defunded or completely dismantled. These people are way overstepping their bounds and the purpose for which they were created in the first place. This is tyranny by an unelected body of bureaucrats. I don't see how it's Constitutional for them to even make regulations without the expressed approval of Congress in the first place.

that isn't what the article says.... what the article says is they won't be sold over the counter, only by prescription.

i'm pretty sure that isn't a ban.

Albuterol/Salbutamol inhalers have always required a prescription in the USA. Epinephrine inhalers, such as "Primatene Mist", were available OTC, but now they're not available at all. Which is good, given that albuterol is much safer. Epinephrine is another word for adrenaline. That affects the whole body, and sends blood pressure and heart rate way up. Moving people over to albuterol reduces deaths from stroke and heart attack.

Forum List

Back