Obama Administration to Ban Asthma Inhalers Over Environmental Concerns

How do you people get so stupid? Is it SO important to hate everything the Obama government does that you're willing to look like complete morons to do it?

The medication isn't being banned, the PROPELLANT is. In fact, as you've heard, it was banned eighteen years ago. Do you actually think no one can put epinephrine into a container with a different propellant?

For christ's sake folks, put your thinking caps on.

I think they used freon because it was the most desirable propellant. It's undoubtedly the most chemically inert. When you're spraying stuff into your lungs, you want it to be inert unless it's medication. Any changes will mean a less desirable substance. I doubt the amounts of freon used for medical purposes are going to have any detectable affect on the environment, but the Kommisars at the EPA are too stupid to consider anything like reasonable exceptions to their Stalinist rules.

Might I suggest something like compressed nitrogen? Considerably more biologically inert than freon. And cheaper.

And, as Orogenicman pointed out, inhalers these days commonly have no propellant other than your thumb and index finger.

Just how did we did we ever get by in life without Obama, who knows all about everything, now he's a doctor/environmentalist

Well our Messiah/prophet/saint did say
[ame=http://youtu.be/oQNkVmdicvA]Obama Claiming He Can Halt the Rise of the Oceans - YouTube[/ame]

and then all the children sang how wonder he is

Last edited by a moderator:
Might I suggest something like compressed nitrogen? Considerably more biologically inert than freon. And cheaper.

And it's a lot more expensive. What do you imagine a quart of liquid nitrogen costs?

So, 2.5 years after the OP, have all the asthmatics died yet?

Apparently not. And so yet another chicken little prediction from the ODSers fails to pan out. You can see the disappointment on their sad little faces. They were so hoping for a lot of deaths they could blame on Obama.

Last edited:
How do you people get so stupid? Is it SO important to hate everything the Obama government does that you're willing to look like complete morons to do it?

The medication isn't being banned, the PROPELLANT is. In fact, as you've heard, it was banned eighteen years ago. Do you actually think no one can put epinephrine into a container with a different propellant?

I think they used freon because it was the most desirable propellant. It's undoubtedly the most chemically inert. When you're spraying stuff into your lungs, you want it to be inert unless it's medication. Any changes will mean a less desirable substance. I doubt the amounts of freon used for medical purposes are going to have any detectable affect on the environment, but the Kommisars at the EPA are too stupid to consider anything like reasonable exceptions to their Stalinist rules.

Freon? Chemically inert? Try again. Why do you think it was banned, moron? Again, there are safer alternatives. FOR INSTANCE, the inhaler I use doesn't even use a propellant.

And, as Orogenicman pointed out, inhalers these days commonly have no propellant other than your thumb and index finger.

Mine has a tiny pump in it that is charged when you turn the top of the container. Then you push a button to release a dose. It doesn't get any simpler or safer than that.

And it's a lot more expensive. What do you imagine a quart of liquid nitrogen costs?

Nitrogen is the most common gas on the planet. How the fuck is it that you believe it is more expensive than a banned, manmade chlorofluorocarbon gas? Did someone drop you on your head as a child? Jeez.

Freon? Chemically inert? Try again. Why do you think it was banned, moron? Again, there are safer alternatives. FOR INSTANCE, the inhaler I use doesn't even use a propellant.

It's obviously not totally inert, but it's a lot more inert than Butane.

You assumption that your brand of inhaler is appropriate for anyone lacks any visible means of support.

Last edited:

Nitrogen is the most common gas on the planet. How the fuck is it that you believe it is more expensive than a banned, manmade chlorofluorocarbon gas? Did someone drop you on your head as a child? Jeez.

Nitrogen has a boiling point of -320 degrees Fahrenheit. Freon has a boiling point of -21 degrees Fahrenheit. That means the later requires much less energy to condense into a liquid for use as a propellant in aerosol cans. It also means the pressure exerted by evaporating liquid Nitrogen is much greater then the pressure exerted by liquid Freon, which means a can using the former has to be much stronger.

see, the difference between you and I is that I actually know a few things about physics and economics. Whereas you are a total fucking ignoramus who spouts of the first idiocy that pops into your head.

Last edited:

Mine has a tiny pump in it that is charged when you turn the top of the container. Then you push a button to release a dose. It doesn't get any simpler or safer than that.

Of course, the droplets produced by a pump spray are much larger than the droplets produced by an aerosol can. In other words, the result is much inferior to what an aerosol can gives.

WASHINGTON — Asthma patients who rely on over-the-counter inhalers will need to switch to prescription-only alternatives as part of the federal government's latest attempt to protect the Earth's atmosphere.

The Food and Drug Administration said Thursday patients who use the epinephrine inhalers to treat mild asthma will need to switch by Dec. 31 to other types that do not contain chlorofluorocarbons, an aerosol substance once found in a variety of spray products.

The action is part of an agreement signed by the U.S. and other nations to stop using substances that deplete the ozone layer, a region in the atmosphere that helps block harmful ultraviolet rays from the Sun.

But the switch to a greener inhaler will cost consumers more. Epinephrine inhalers are available via online retailers for around $20, whereas the alternatives, which contain the drug albuterol, range from $30 to $60.

Asthma inhalers to be phased out to protect ozone layer - TODAY Health - TODAY.com

This kind of asinine bullshit by the EPA is why we are hearing the Republican presidential candidates calling for it to be defunded or completely dismantled. These people are way overstepping their bounds and the purpose for which they were created in the first place. This is tyranny by an unelected body of bureaucrats. I don't see how it's Constitutional for them to even make regulations without the expressed approval of Congress in the first place.

GOOD GOD, you are sooooooooo retarded!

The Administration isn't banning asthma inhalers at all, you silly partisan dickhead.

They're just insisting the manufacturers of the inhalers change propellant gases, in accordance with international agreements and US laws that ban the use of ozone destroying chlorofluorocarbons.

Everyone will still have access to inhalers.

This is just another rightwingnut deceptive propaganda meme attacking the EPA as part of the corporate polluters war against the appropriate environmental regulations that protect the public but cost the polluters money they'd rather avoid paying.

Of course, the droplets produced by a pump spray are much larger than the droplets produced by an aerosol can. In other words, the result is much inferior to what an aerosol can gives.
Bullshit. Orogenicman's never runs out of pressure. your aerosol loses pressure every time you use it.

Last edited:
So you're ok with banning such life saving devices no matter if people will die without them?

Why do you people swallow these lies and never ever think to educate yourself?

Because, all you care about is lying about Obama.

GET A CLUE.

Idiots.

As though some asthma inhalers are going to destroy the ozone layer. Either that or you are being facetious.

So, you are either unfunny or just callous.

Why then was the chemical banned in 1996? Because it was not a hazard to the environment which we as humans depend upon or are you into self destruction?

It was banned because the EPA is under the control of an out-of-control gang of commies.

As usual, the ignorance just has to include the idiotic accusation of Communism.

When will you fools learn what Communism really is?

Stooopid idiot.

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD

Just when you think you've seen the height of absurd from this dummy, he comes up with something even dumber. Shit.....and I really, really thought we had seen the last of the bozo presidents when Carter walked off into the sunset 35 years ago. The human racism is getting out of hand.

So, you believe this lie too?

Dummy.

These fools have no use for facts.

Next, they'll tell you you're a commie or a nazi or fascist or -

Damn RWs just get dumber every day.

Forum List

Back