Obama administration admits that Obama care is unsustainable. Color me shocked

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
ModelMayhem.com - WH Concedes Healthcare Law Is Unsustainable

After months insisting that could be fixed, Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius finally acknowledged Friday she doesn't see how.

"Despite our best analytical efforts, I do not see a viable path forward for CLASS implementation at this time," Sebelius said in a letter to congressional leaders.

The law requiredthe administration to certify that CLASS would remain financially solvent for 75 years before it could be put into place.

But officials said they discovered they could not make CLASS both affordable and financially solvent while keeping it a voluntary program open to virtually all workers, as the law also required.

Monthly premiums would have ranged from $235 to $391, even as high as $3,000 under some scenarios, the administration said. At those prices, healthy people were unlikely to sign up. Suggested changes aimed at discouraging enrollment by people in poor health could have opened the program to court challenges, officials said.

"If healthy purchasers are not attracted ...thenpremiums will increase, which will make it even more unattractiveto purchasers who could also obtain policies in the private market," Kathy Greenlee,the lead official on CLASS, said in a memo to Sebelius. That "would cause the program to quickly collapse."

That is a major part of the law. How many votes would have been changes to NAY if the Congress had known that ahead of time? Pelosi "Let's vote for the bill and then find out what's in it! "

• Banned
His biggest and arguably only accomplishment is collapsing under its own weight.

Guess we should have found out what was in the bill BEFORE we passed it huh?

• Banned
I wonder if this will come up in tonights debate. But more importantly I wonder how the msm will report this major admission of failure.

If only they had read it before voting for it. But Queen Pelosi had it right: We gotta pass it to know whats in it!!!!

Kinda like passing a laced blunt. It may, or may not, be laced with Angel Dust. But we gotta smoke it to know whats in it right?

So that means it can't be implemented at all?

We still have the problems it created though. Like the nationalization of student loans.

• Banned
So that means it can't be implemented at all?

We still have the problems it created though. Like the nationalization of student loans.

What happens now is a very good question. Is this why the administration stopped fighting it in the lower courts and allowed it to fast track to SCOTUS?

Obama administration admits that Obama care is unsustainable.

Could you be any more disingenuous? The Obama administration decided that ONE ASPECT of the law is unsustainable, not the entire law. If you want to talk about that, fine, but don't pretend that Obama just dismissed the entire law.

Could you be any more disingenuous? The Obama administration decided that ONE ASPECT of the law is unsustainable, not the entire law. If you want to talk about that, fine, but don't pretend that Obama just dismissed the entire law.

Obviously, he did not.

He dismissed a core piece of the law.

It's not misleading. It is being reported that the law can not stand without this portion.

Obviously, he did not.

I find it hard to believe that ending CLASS will put an end to the entire law. I'm sure the people who crafted the law were a little smarter than that. I think you guys are getting a little too excited and ahead of yourselves.

It's not misleading. It is being reported that the law can not stand without this portion.

Yes, it is misleading. And who is reporting that?

Obviously, he did not.

I find it hard to believe that ending CLASS will put an end to the entire law. I'm sure the people who crafted the law were a little smarter than that. I think you guys are getting a little too excited and ahead of yourselves.

If they were a little smarter than that, why did they craft a part of the law that HAD to be self-sustainable, and later discover that as written it was NOT?

Obviously, he did not.

If they were a little smarter than that, why did they craft a part of the law that HAD to be self-sustainable, and later discover that as written it was NOT?

I don't know. Show me how the end of CLASS puts an end to the entire law.

Obviously, he did not.

Lol @ them being smart enough to have a back up plan. They barely got this one through. And they are basically admitting its broken if they are now reporting it to congress no?

Yes, it is misleading. And who is reporting that?

I posted half of their own words. How is that misleading?

How can obama dismiss any law? I need someone to explain that to me. The bill in it's entirety was signed into law. How can he dismiss any part of that law?

Without this portion of the law being fully functional it will collapse financially. Without the money and skyrocketing premiums its dead in the water.

Unless the poor getting raped on premiums is okay in your world.

Without this portion of the law being fully functional it will collapse financially. Without the money and skyrocketing premiums its dead in the water.

Unless the poor getting raped on premiums is okay in your world.

obama still can't dismiss it. it's not within the scope of his responsibility. sorry

Forum List

Back