"Obama a Shoe-In....in a landslide!"

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
1. President Clinton relied on an analysis of "The Keys to the White House" by Prof. Lichtman in deciding whether or not to run in 1992. The analysis showed that a charismatic newcomer could defeat the incumbent. I believe we are in the exact same situation now.

2. Prof. Lichtman's theory involves evaluating 13 key factors - if an incumbent has 7 or more of them in his favor, he will be reelected. Lichtman's ideas are relevant because he's correctly predicted the outcomes of presidential elections since 1984. According to the professor, Obama is a shoo-in for 2012 because he would be awarded 9 of 13 'keys' needed to be elected. 2012 is not decided yet. | Corrente

3. Lichtman developed his 13 Keys in 1981. They test the performance of the party that holds the presidency. If six or more of the 13 keys go against the party in power, then the opposing party wins.“The keys have figured into popular politics a bit,” Lichtman says. “They’ve never missed. They’ve been right seven elections in a row. A number that goes way beyond statistical significance in a record no other system even comes close to.”

4. Below are each of the keys and how it falls for Obama.

1.Party mandate: After the midterm elections, the incumbent party holds more seats in the U.S. House of Representatives than it did after the previous midterm elections. Says Lichtman, “Even back in January 2010 when I first released my predictions, I was already counting on a significant loss.” Obama loses this key.

2.Contest: There is no serious contest for the incumbent party nomination. Says Lichtman on Obama’s unchallenged status, “I never thought there would be any serious contest against Barack Obama in the Democratic primary.” Obama wins this key.

3.Incumbency: The incumbent party candidate is the sitting president. Easy win here for Obama.

4.Third Party: There is no significant third party challenge. Obama wins this point.

5.Short term economy: The economy is not in recession during the election campaign. Here Lichtman declares an “undecided.”

6.Long-term economy: Real per capita economic growth during the term equals or exceeds mean growth during the previous two terms. Says Lichtman, “I discounted long term economy against Obama. Clearly we are in a recession.” Obama loses this key. [Read: Seven Ways Obama Can Gain Credibility on Jobs.]

7.Policy change: The incumbent administration effects major changes in national policy. “There have been major policy changes in this administration. We’ve seen the biggest stimulus in history and an complete overhaul of the healthcare system so I gave him policy change,” says the scholar. Another win for Obama.

8.Social unrest: There is no sustained social unrest during the term. Says Lichtman, “There wasn’t any social unrest when I made my predictions for 2012 and there still isn’t.” Obama wins a fifth key here.

9.Scandal: The incumbent administration is untainted by major scandal. “This administration has been squeaky clean. There’s nothing on scandal,” says Lichtman. Another Obama win.

10.Foreign/military failure: The incumbent administration suffers no major failure in foreign or military affairs. Says Lichtman, “We haven’t seen any major failure that resembles something like the Bay of Pigs and don’t foresee anything.” Obama wins again.

11.Foreign/military success: The incumbent administration achieves a major success in foreign or military affairs. “Since Osama bin Laden was found and killed, I think Obama has achieved military success.” Obama wins his eighth key.

12.Incumbent charisma: The incumbent party candidate is charismatic or a national hero. Explains Lichtman, “I did not give President Obama the incumbent charisma key. I counted it against him. He’s really led from behind. He didn’t really take the lead in the healthcare debate, he didn’t use his speaking ability to move the American people during the recession. He’s lost his ability to connect since the 2008 election.” Obama loses this key. [See political cartoons about President Obama.]

13.Challenger charisma: The challenging party candidate is not charismatic or a national hero. Says Lichtman, “We haven’t seen any candidate in the GOP who meets this criteria and probably won’t.” Obama wins, bringing his total to nine keys, three more than needed to win reelection.
Never-Wrong Pundit Picks Obama to Win in 2012 - Washington Whispers (usnews.com)

....Ya' think?

there is already a thread on this. One, I might add, where I pointed out that Lichtman had already called 2012 for Obama a year ago. That was well before several of his 'keys' turned against Obama, also as I pointed out in the other thread.

there is already a thread on this. One, I might add, where I pointed out that Lichtman had already called 2012 for Obama a year ago. That was well before several of his 'keys' turned against Obama, also as I pointed out in the other thread.

Yeah--we discussed this one all last night. Maybe liberals think if they post it enough it will become true--:lol:

On the exact same other thread--I--myself being able to predict the outcomes with 100% accuracy of every single election since JFK stated: That the 2012 election will be a total wipe-out of Barack Obama and democrats running for reelection and will bring back reflections of Custer's Last Stand.

$Ram it down.jpg

and they did it too--and plan on doing it again in 2012.

Last edited:

Yeah--we discussed this one all last night. Maybe liberals think if they post it enough it will become true--:lol:

On the exact same other thread--I--myself being able to predict the outcomes with 100% accuracy of every single election since JFK stated: That the 2012 election will be a total wipe-out of Barack Obama and democrats running for reelection and will bring back reflections of Custer's Last Stand.

View attachment 15012

Based on this...
Fighting Thugs and Libs
...I'm not sure the OP is a lib.

View attachment 15012

Based on this...
Fighting Thugs and Libs
...I'm not sure the OP is a lib.

Sorry...I missed the prior OP on this...

And, no, I'm hardly a Liberal...I just thought this was funny....and would love to revisit same after November 2012....

1. President Clinton relied on an analysis of "The Keys to the White House" by Prof. Lichtman in deciding whether or not to run in 1992. The analysis showed that a charismatic newcomer could defeat the incumbent. I believe we are in the exact same situation now.

2. Prof. Lichtman's theory involves evaluating 13 key factors - if an incumbent has 7 or more of them in his favor, he will be reelected. Lichtman's ideas are relevant because he's correctly predicted the outcomes of presidential elections since 1984. According to the professor, Obama is a shoo-in for 2012 because he would be awarded 9 of 13 'keys' needed to be elected. 2012 is not decided yet. | Corrente

3. Lichtman developed his 13 Keys in 1981. They test the performance of the party that holds the presidency. If six or more of the 13 keys go against the party in power, then the opposing party wins.“The keys have figured into popular politics a bit,” Lichtman says. “They’ve never missed. They’ve been right seven elections in a row. A number that goes way beyond statistical significance in a record no other system even comes close to.”

1.Party mandate: After the midterm elections, the incumbent party holds more seats in the U.S. House of Representatives than it did after the previous midterm elections. Says Lichtman, “Even back in January 2010 when I first released my predictions, I was already counting on a significant loss.” Obama loses this key.

2.Contest: There is no serious contest for the incumbent party nomination. Says Lichtman on Obama’s unchallenged status, “I never thought there would be any serious contest against Barack Obama in the Democratic primary.” Obama wins this key.

3.Incumbency: The incumbent party candidate is the sitting president. Easy win here for Obama.

4.Third Party: There is no significant third party challenge. Obama wins this point.

5.Short term economy: The economy is not in recession during the election campaign. Here Lichtman declares an “undecided.”

6.Long-term economy: Real per capita economic growth during the term equals or exceeds mean growth during the previous two terms. Says Lichtman, “I discounted long term economy against Obama. Clearly we are in a recession.” Obama loses this key. [Read: Seven Ways Obama Can Gain Credibility on Jobs.]

7.Policy change: The incumbent administration effects major changes in national policy. “There have been major policy changes in this administration. We’ve seen the biggest stimulus in history and an complete overhaul of the healthcare system so I gave him policy change,” says the scholar. Another win for Obama.

8.Social unrest: There is no sustained social unrest during the term. Says Lichtman, “There wasn’t any social unrest when I made my predictions for 2012 and there still isn’t.” Obama wins a fifth key here.

9.Scandal: The incumbent administration is untainted by major scandal. “This administration has been squeaky clean. There’s nothing on scandal,” says Lichtman. Another Obama win.

10.Foreign/military failure: The incumbent administration suffers no major failure in foreign or military affairs. Says Lichtman, “We haven’t seen any major failure that resembles something like the Bay of Pigs and don’t foresee anything.” Obama wins again.

11.Foreign/military success: The incumbent administration achieves a major success in foreign or military affairs. “Since Osama bin Laden was found and killed, I think Obama has achieved military success.” Obama wins his eighth key.

12.Incumbent charisma: The incumbent party candidate is charismatic or a national hero. Explains Lichtman, “I did not give President Obama the incumbent charisma key. I counted it against him. He’s really led from behind. He didn’t really take the lead in the healthcare debate, he didn’t use his speaking ability to move the American people during the recession. He’s lost his ability to connect since the 2008 election.” Obama loses this key. [See political cartoons about President Obama.]

13.Challenger charisma: The challenging party candidate is not charismatic or a national hero. Says Lichtman, “We haven’t seen any candidate in the GOP who meets this criteria and probably won’t.” Obama wins, bringing his total to nine keys, three more than needed to win reelection.
Never-Wrong Pundit Picks Obama to Win in 2012 - Washington Whispers (usnews.com)

....Ya' think?

One of your better cut and pastes.

I guess as long as you ignore the Tea Party and think the economy is great, yep it is a lock. lol

....Ya' think?

One of your better cut and pastes.

Why....thanks.

But I checked the Magic Eight Ball to see if the OP is true....

....your answer is right here:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxaYcQ49FLg&feature=related]Toy Story magic 8 ball.avi - YouTube[/ame]

If Perry is the candidate, Obama is a shoe in.

I hate to break it to you but there are many more voters outside of Fire Island, New Orleans, San Francisco, and Key West than in those places.

Perry will wipe the floor with Obama. Even Obama's staunchest supporters from 2008 are against him.

What does clown shoes have to do with this?

Can we talk about Shoofly pie instead?

Last edited:
"Obama a Shoe-In....in a landslide!"

....Ya' think?

hagel.jpg

"Former GOP Sen. Chuck Hagel (NE) can’t muster any praise for his Republican colleagues’ behavior in Congress over the past few months. In an interview with the Financial Times, Hagel blasted GOP leadership for their “irresponsible actions” during the debt ceiling debacle, noting that “I think about some of the presidents we’ve had on my side of the aisle — Ronald Reagan, George Bush Sr., go right through them, Eisenhower — they would be stunned.”

“Disgusted” with the debt ceiling negotiations, Hagel called it “an astounding lack of responsible leadership by many in the Republican party, and I say that as a Republican.” “Does anyone not believe what’s happened here the last couple weeks in the market was not a complete, direct result of the lack of confidence that came out of that folly, that embarrassment?” he asked."

:woohoo: . :woohoo: . :woohoo: . :woohoo: . :woohoo:

If Perry is the candidate, Obama is a shoe in.

I was just about to say.

I don't know if these rabid RWers actually thinks that southern, Texas, RW palooka stands a snowball's chance in hell at the general.

But when you're rabid...I guess you're mentally demented, so anything goes.

*shrugs*
:cuckoo:

New Topics

Forum List

Back