NYTs: Trump paid $7,435,857 in taxes in 2017.

The idiots at the NYTs don't even know what they put in their own useless "news" paper.

The New York Times’ claim that President Donald Trump paid just $750 in federal income taxes in 2016 and 2017 is wrong, based on a flawed understanding of how taxes are paid.

The figures below, drawn from the New York Times’s own analysis of Trump’s tax-return data for 2017, show that Trump paid $7,435,857 in taxes in 2017.

The Times says the tax return data show that Trump’s earnings were negative for the year, so he owned nothing in regular income taxes. But he was subject to the Alternative Minimum Tax (AMT), a parallel tax system aimed at making sure wealthy people cannot use deductions to eliminate their tax liability altogether. According to the Times, “the A.M.T. formula disallowed $45 million in losses that Mr. Trump had carried over from prior years.”

As a result, Trump was left with an AMT bill of $7,435,857, according to the Times.

There was no way for Trump to avoid this tax liability. He had to pay it down using his assets. And he did.

Trump paid $750 in federal income taxes in each of two years. That is a fact.
You repeat talking points without context. That is a fact

They are desperate and willing to use any lie to bamboozle people that are too dumb.

No mercy, no mercy of any kind.
Oh yeah, my brother who was a big McCain fan and not a Trump fan (he was with the Mona Charens calling them Trumpkins) is now a huge Trump fan and he talks about how the left really is full of low information voters......they just see a headline and run and they don't research, I mean people on here post shit all the time and it's easily refuted with a google search. One reason I shit on the lefties, is I just make sure my point and understanding is correct, and once I know, I drive it home and hard, without mercy. And if it's not, I need to see what happend and make sure I know the facts and my view will change.

Your posts do make us chuckle...

Your posts make everyone dumber. Every. Single. Time.

Not you...you're already at the maximum level of dumbness.

And the moron does it again.

At least my posts are smart enough to not be in constant violation of the forum rules.
Constant violation? He paid $750 a year in federal taxes. That violates the rules?
Like I said, you go with the headling, the media's talking point, but don't take any time to see what the real story is....if you want to be willfully ignorant, that's on you.....not us.

Not sure what any of that means.

I am sure that for 2 years, the blob paid $750 in federal income taxes.

Gun to your head sure?
You betcha!
Well you're dead

The New York Times’ claim that President Donald Trump paid just $750 in federal income taxes in 2016 and 2017 is wrong, based on a flawed understanding of how taxes are paid.

The figures below, drawn from the New York Times’s own analysis of Trump’s tax-return data for 2017, show that Trump paid $7,435,857 in taxes in 2017.

There was no way for Trump to avoid this tax liability. He had to pay it down using his assets. And he did.

What confused the Times is Trump did not pay the liability with a check. He used a credit issued to him earlier by the government, a credit that can only be used to pay taxes.

That’s a lot less rare than it seems. In fact, it’s how most people pay their taxes.

For most people, tax bills get paid with credits they have already accumulated with the government through mandatory deductions from their paychecks
. When they overpay their taxes through withholding, they can apply for a refund for the overpayment. That can be a bank deposit from the government or it can be rolled forward as a credit to apply to future taxes.

This is from the article above

The idiots at the NYTs don't even know what they put in their own useless "news" paper.

The Times says the tax return data show that Trump’s earnings were negative for the year, so he owned nothing in regular income taxes. But he was subject to the Alternative Minimum Tax (AMT), a parallel tax system aimed at making sure wealthy people cannot use deductions to eliminate their tax liability altogether. According to the Times, “the A.M.T. formula disallowed $45 million in losses that Mr. Trump had carried over from prior years.”

As a result, Trump was left with an AMT bill of $7,435,857, according to the Times.

They are desperate and willing to use any lie to bamboozle people that are too dumb.

Oh yeah, my brother who was a big McCain fan and not a Trump fan (he was with the Mona Charens calling them Trumpkins) is now a huge Trump fan and he talks about how the left really is full of low information voters......they just see a headline and run and they don't research, I mean people on here post shit all the time and it's easily refuted with a google search. One reason I shit on the lefties, is I just make sure my point and understanding is correct, and once I know, I drive it home and hard, without mercy. And if it's not, I need to see what happend and make sure I know the facts and my view will change.

At least my posts are smart enough to not be in constant violation of the forum rules.
Constant violation? He paid $750 a year in federal taxes. That violates the rules?
Like I said, you go with the headling, the media's talking point, but don't take any time to see what the real story is....if you want to be willfully ignorant, that's on you.....not us.

Gun to your head sure?
You betcha!
Well you're dead

What confused the Times is Trump did not pay the liability with a check. He used a credit issued to him earlier by the government, a credit that can only be used to pay taxes.

That’s a lot less rare than it seems. In fact, it’s how most people pay their taxes.

For most people, tax bills get paid with credits they have already accumulated with the government through mandatory deductions from their paychecks
. When they overpay their taxes through withholding, they can apply for a refund for the overpayment. That can be a bank deposit from the government or it can be rolled forward as a credit to apply to future taxes.

$750 in federal income taxes is what he paid.

Gun to your head sure?
You betcha!
Well you're dead

$750 in federal income taxes is what he paid.
Who says? Give us a name.

Gun to your head sure?
You betcha!

I doubt it.

Gun to your head sure?
You betcha!

I doubt it.
She lets the Fake News NYTs tell her what to think, even when they have no source.

Gun to your head sure?
You betcha!

I doubt it.

Feel free to show us his tax returns. Oh yeah, he won't release them as has every other president since 1976.

Hmmm....wonder what he's hiding.

Gun to your head sure?
You betcha!

I doubt it.

Feel free to show us his tax returns. Oh yeah, he won't release them as has every other president since 1976.

Then how do you know how much he paid in taxes?

Hmmmmmmmmmm..............

Gun to your head sure?
You betcha!

I doubt it.

Feel free to show us his tax returns showing he only paid $750.

Gun to your head sure?
You betcha!

I doubt it.

Feel free to show us his tax returns showing he only paid $750.
She can't even tell us who told her to think that.

This thread didn't age well:

Hey Dumbfuck, does politi"fact" have Trump's taxes? No? End of story.

But thanks for proving what leftist hacks they are at Politi"fact". The NYTs runs a story with no sources making claims they can't back up. The White House calls out their bullshit.

And what does Politi"fact" rule: We found no evidence to support the claim Trump paid taxes. The completely ignore the bullshit story with no evidence in the NYTs that started this, and ignore the fact the accused isn't required to bring any evidence.

You just proved what leftist hacks Politi"fact" is. Nice job, Moron. :iyfyus.jpg:

But Trump was able to write off his losses so the 7+ MILLION tax bill became only $750. Trump used the LAW to pay the least amount of taxes he could like EVERYONE else does!

But Trump was able to write off his losses so the 7+ MILLION tax bill became only $750. Trump used the LAW to pay the least amount of taxes he could like EVERYONE else does!

Thanks for admitting he paid so little in taxes....your title is a lie.

Hey Dumbfuck, does politi"fact" have Trump's taxes? No? End of story.

But thanks for proving what leftist hacks they are at Politi"fact". The NYTs runs a story with no sources making claims they can't back up. The White House calls out their bullshit.

And what does Politi"fact" rule: We found no evidence to support the claim Trump paid taxes. The completely ignore the bullshit story with no evidence in the NYTs that started this, and ignore the fact the accused isn't required to bring any evidence.

You just proved what leftist hacks Politi"fact" is. Nice job, Moron. :iyfyus.jpg:

Leftists have never been comfortable with the idea that they have to prove someone guilty, rather than the person having to prove himself innocent.

I don't frankly care if he paid taxes or not, because I'm not a leftist and therefore not driven by liver-eating envy and hatred. If he didn't pay any taxes through completely legal means, then more power to him. And I trust the IRS far more to determine whether or not they were legal means than I trust the NYT to do so.

Bottom line: if we can't trust the IRS to accurately assess legal tax liabilities, why the fuck are we paying for them to exist?

Well, not quite "write off". He apparently used tax credits, which are accumulated by overpaying on taxes in other years.

Forum List

Back