cnelsen

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2016
Washington, DC
Behind 2016’s Turmoil, a Crisis of White Identity

By AMANDA TAUB NOV. 1, 2016

Call it the crisis of whiteness.

White anxiety has fueled this year’s political tumult in the West: Britain’s surprising vote to exit the European Union, Donald J. Trump’s unexpected capture of the Republican presidential nomination in the United States, the rise of right-wing nationalism in Norway, Hungary, Austria and Greece.

Whiteness, in this context, is more than just skin color. You could define it as membership in the “ethno-national majority,” but that’s a mouthful. What it really means is the privilege of not being defined as “other.” …

But the struggle for white identity is not just a political problem; it is about the “deep story” of feeling stuck while others move forward.

There will not likely be a return to the whiteness of social dominance and exclusive national identity. Immigration cannot be halted without damaging Western nations’ economies; immigrants who have already arrived cannot be expelled en masse without causing social and moral damage. And the other groups who seem to be “cutting in line” are in fact getting a chance at progress that was long denied them.

Western whites have a place within their nations’ new, broader national identities. But unless they accept it, the crisis of whiteness seems likely to continue.

==========

In other words, we've beaten you, white Gentiles. Now, submit.

I have a break out pattern Solid white BECAUSE WE ARE TALKING WHITE RIGHT with Burr Oak leaves. This is a distinct pattern. Any one else want to talk about white?

Behind 2016’s Turmoil, a Crisis of White Identity

By AMANDA TAUB NOV. 1, 2016

Call it the crisis of whiteness.

White anxiety has fueled this year’s political tumult in the West: Britain’s surprising vote to exit the European Union, Donald J. Trump’s unexpected capture of the Republican presidential nomination in the United States, the rise of right-wing nationalism in Norway, Hungary, Austria and Greece.

Whiteness, in this context, is more than just skin color. You could define it as membership in the “ethno-national majority,” but that’s a mouthful. What it really means is the privilege of not being defined as “other.” …

But the struggle for white identity is not just a political problem; it is about the “deep story” of feeling stuck while others move forward.

There will not likely be a return to the whiteness of social dominance and exclusive national identity. Immigration cannot be halted without damaging Western nations’ economies; immigrants who have already arrived cannot be expelled en masse without causing social and moral damage. And the other groups who seem to be “cutting in line” are in fact getting a chance at progress that was long denied them.

Western whites have a place within their nations’ new, broader national identities. But unless they accept it, the crisis of whiteness seems likely to continue.

==========

In other words, we've beaten you, white Gentiles. Now, submit.

Oh my goodness. I'm a white gentile. Can you see me? I'm a woman. That's really going to hurt your parts. I didn't get your original message. What tree amI in? Better yet. What dug out am I in?

You know what? You just don't get us at all.

Disclaimer: PWI tonight.

Pease forgive any grammatical or spelling errors.

You know I make a lot of fun of the media. But there are times when you have to get deadly serious. At the NYT's they had this so called journalist called Walter Duranty his lies for Stalin cost over five million Ukranian lives.

It was the Holomodor.

The New York Times hid it. Over 5 million man. Act of genocide. But Duranty while hiding millions of deaths got a Pulitzer Prize. How fucked up is this?

NYT is full of internationalist scum. Trump should clean the snakes out when he wins.
I think he should target the universities. If he takes out the scum staff then the industries will sort out from there. It'll take a while but if we keep forcing the scum from universities then over time society will normalise.
100%, shut down any federally funded college preaching leftist cultural rot...try and convict the lefty professors for anti-american activities... And throw them from helicopters and shoot them with firing squads.

NYT is full of internationalist scum. Trump should clean the snakes out when he wins.
I think he should target the universities. If he takes out the scum staff then the industries will sort out from there. It'll take a while but if we keep forcing the scum from universities then over time society will normalise.
100%, shut down any federally funded college preaching leftist cultural rot...try and convict the lefty professors for anti-american activities... And throw them from helicopters and shoot them with firing squads.
They don't need to be shut down. It's just the staff who need to be shut down...in the way you have mentioned, of course. I like your way of thinking.

I agree, white people are beaten.

But, these things come and go in cycles. If they didn't, we would all be speaking Latin, or have Mongol blood, or going to a Mosque, or name anything you like. No one group dominates forever.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

no, no mental health issues there

Forum List

Back