NYT Issues Major Correction After Claiming 900,000 Kids Have Been Hospitalized With COVID

excalibur

Diamond Member
Mar 19, 2015
Fake news busted again. It was so bad they had no choice and couldn't ignore the BS.

The New York Times (NYT) issued a correction Thursday after overstating the number of kids who have been hospitalized in the U.S. with the coronavirus.
The article, originally published Wednesday, discussed COVID-19 cases among children. “Nearly 900,000 children have been hospitalized with Covid-19 since the pandemic began, and about 520 have died,” NYT reporter Apoorva Mandavilli initially wrote.
An updated correction said the original publication “misstated the number of Covid hospitalizations in U.S. children. It is more than 63,000 from August 2020 to October 2021, not 900,000 since the beginning of the pandemic.”

Screen_Shot_2021-10-08_at_5.46.00_PM_35.png

Last edited:
Fake news busted again. It was so bad they had no choice and couldn't ignore the BS.

The New York Times (NYT) issued a correction Thursday after overstating the number of kids who have been hospitalized in the U.S. with the coronavirus.
The article, originally published Wednesday, discussed COVID-19 cases among children. “Nearly 900,000 children have been hospitalized with Covid-19 since the pandemic began, and about 520 have died,” NYT reporter Apoorva Mandavilli initially wrote.
An updated correction said the original publication “misstated the number of Covid hospitalizations in U.S. children. It is more than 63,000 from August 2020 to October 2021, not 900,000 since the beginning of the pandemic.”

900,000 sounded scary, so she went with that. These people are garbage.

The NYT, the Democrat party, there's no difference. And they both think the American people are as dumb as they, themselves, are. Nobody tells flagrant lies unless they think the recipients are stupid enough to believe them. It won't be long before the NYT and the Democrat party can't even get party loyalists to believe them.

You mean they published and corrected in less than 24 hours, although I could not tell how much less than 24 hours. Your article said the were forced to retract several other errors in the article, prompting me to ask, what were the other errors, who forced them, and how were they forced?
I could not read the original NY Time article or the correction, as they are behind a paywall for me. I expect new organization to correct flawed stories with incorrect data in a timely manner and they are no different.
Without seeing the answer to the questions I posed, I cannot judge. Some organizations purporting to be news organizations do not correct as fast and some not at all, even when called on the accuracy of an article.

BUT they are lib propagandists, they are entitled to use lies to manipulate the masses....that's the whole point of them.

NYT is nothing but the propaganda agent of the demacult fascist

frame_03_delay-0.05s.gif

You mean they published and corrected in less than 24 hours, although I could not tell how much less than 24 hours. Your article said the were forced to retract several other errors in the article, prompting me to ask, what were the other errors, who forced them, and how were they forced?
I could not read the original NY Time article or the correction, as they are behind a paywall for me. I expect new organization to correct flawed stories with incorrect data in a timely manner and they are no different.
Without seeing the answer to the questions I posed, I cannot judge. Some organizations purporting to be news organizations do not correct as fast and some not at all, even when called on the accuracy of an article.
Just one nuke...only one....

NYT is nothing but the propaganda agent of the demacult fascist
A recent poll revealed that only 21% of it's readers trust the NY Times to be accurate. Most people buy it for the classified ads. It must be losing money because it's owners keep changing.

Forum List

Back