NYPD: Car bomb contained nonexplosive fertilizer

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
NYPD: Car bomb contained nonexplosive fertilizer - Yahoo! News

NEW YORK – New York City police investigating a botched car bombing in Times Square say the bomb contained fertilizer that was incapable of exploding.

Top police spokesman Paul Browne says more than 100 pounds of a substance found in the back of an SUV parked on a busy city street near a theater showing "The Lion King" was fertilizer

But unlike the ammonium nitrate grade fertilizer that has been used in terror attacks including the Oklahoma City bombing, Browne says this fertilizer would not have caused a massive explosion.

Police are trying to determine what was in the homemade bomb, why it failed and who was responsible for the botched bombing, which sent thousands of tourists into a panic on Saturday night

The video shows an unidentified white man in his 40s slipping down an alley, taking off one shirt and revealing another underneath. In the same clip, he's seen looking back in the direction of the smoking vehicle and furtively putting the first shirt in a bag, Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly said.

A Pakistani Taliban group claimed responsibility for the failed attack in a 1-minute video. Kelly, however, said police have no evidence to support the claims, and noted that the same group had falsely taken credit for previous attacks on U.S. soil. The commissioner also cast doubt on an e-mail to a news outlet claiming responsibility.

Very interesting. :eusa_think:

WTF?!?!

How did you become a mod? I thought you were going to back off because school was going to take up too much of your time?

Congrats!

Still I hope they find out that this is some home grown Nut case.

Like I said in another thread, highly doubtful this was the Taliban. Course, they are gonna try to take credit for this.

Taking credit for a failure---sure is a crappy way to recruit. :lol:

Sure, but they'll paint it as a moral victory. They'll say something along the lines of they were able to get a bomb in Times Square and to imagine what would happen if they actually were able to get a bomb that works in there.

I've never ever commented on the choice of mods here. But I'll make an exception in your case. You sucked then and you suck now. Always will suck.

It's ok Willow, I forgive you. :cool:

Awwwwww. Just like Jesus....

Jesus+white+as+snow+olsen-forgiven.jpg

Forum List

Back