NYPD arrests woman who climbed Statue of Liberty

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
A woman wearing an anti-Trump T-shirt climbed the base of the Statue of Liberty on Independence Day, sparking a mass evacuation of Liberty Island and a nearly four-hour standoff with first responders before she was taken into custody, officials said.

The protester, identified as Therese Patricia Okoumou, 44, was seen scaling the base of the statue about 3 p.m., moments after the group Rise and Resist formed a protest against Immigration and Customs Enforcement on Liberty Island.

NYPD arrests woman who climbed Statue of Liberty after hours-long protest of kids imprisoned in Trump's ICE camps - NY Daily News

Did you guys see this?

Had I taken my kid to the Statue of Liberty and then had to evacuate because of some nitwit, I would have been furious.

....she screwed over so many people---those people will now vote for TRUMP!!! hahahahahah
...send this America-hater back to the Congo where they know how to take care of these jackasses
Rise and Resist group = they do not want to discuss/elections/fair elections/etc
she wants it like in the Congo and Rwanda: kill whoever disagrees with you
deport all of them

5-statue-liberty-protester.w710.h473.png

statue-of-liberty-protest-5-things-ftr.jpg

ny-1530744208-tjcgp6vzri-snap-image

A woman wearing an anti-Trump T-shirt climbed the base of the Statue of Liberty on Independence Day, sparking a mass evacuation of Liberty Island and a nearly four-hour standoff with first responders before she was taken into custody, officials said.

The protester, identified as Therese Patricia Okoumou, 44, was seen scaling the base of the statue about 3 p.m., moments after the group Rise and Resist formed a protest against Immigration and Customs Enforcement on Liberty Island.

NYPD arrests woman who climbed Statue of Liberty after hours-long protest of kids imprisoned in Trump's ICE camps - NY Daily News

Did you guys see this?

Had I taken my kid to the Statue of Liberty and then had to evacuate because of some nitwit, I would have been furious.
/----/ Just let her stay there. She'd come down eventually, then arrest her.

....she screwed over so many people---those people will now vote for TRUMP!!! hahahahahah
...send this America-hater back to the Congo where they know how to take care of these jackasses
Rise and Resist group = they do not want to discuss/elections/fair elections/etc
deport all of them
She's black. No big surprise you want her and the rest of the brown people deported.
Racist punk.

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using Tapatalk

There is an old saying that you can't fix stupid.
I guess she will have plenty of time to reconsider her actions while she is booked and arraigned on all her citations.

No one has ever been able to explain how allowing those that work for less helps those that want more pay?

Has it been said yet what would've happened had the law not shown up? What was that woman's intention exactly?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Did you guys see this?

Yes because the 1st amendment should come behind one's need to enjoy their vacation.

What a patriot.

deport all of them
She's black. No big surprise you want her and the rest of the brown people deported.
Racist punk.

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using Tapatalk
I heard she is an illegal immigrant, if she is. Send her back to her country.

I personally want to thank the Congolese woman for protesting by climbing the statue and her 4 hour standoff with police.

She singlehandedly recruited tens of thousands more American citizens to the, "build the Wall now" and "deport all illegals", side of the argument. ... :thup:

Did you guys see this?

Hope her kids are taken away and she's given 25 to Life. These stupid protests need to stop...right now.

Last edited:

Did you guys see this?

Yes because the 1st amendment should come behind one's need to enjoy their vacation.

What a patriot.
The 1st amendment does not cover her ILLEGAL action.

Good. She decided to do something illegal, let her feel the full extent of the law as it relates to her actions!

deport all of them
Sure....because they were slightly inconvenienced....talk about trumpanzee snowflakes...:71:

Forum List

Back