NYC discriminates against intelligent white kids

harmonica

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2017
1. MORE proof the left/Dems hate whites
2. more proof the left/Dems are idiots
3. more proof the left/Dems are destroying the US
4. there are a lot of WHITES that are not eligible for the program!!!!!!
..the US is behind many other countries in education--now the left/Dems are making it worse

• He, and other critics, say it discriminates against black and Hispanic kids, fewer of whom are in the schools

Last edited:
..the US is behind many other countries in education--now the left/Dems are making it worse

• He, and other critics, say it discriminates against black and Hispanic kids, fewer of whom are in the schools

Yeah, agreed. This program hurts feelings so it has to go. It's discriminatory and stupid. Put it back. Some kids REALLY need it.

And although I know I will take heat for this, we can do better than name this program "gifted and talented". It's really just accelerated learning, which is what it should be called. Plenty of truly gifted/talented kids are left out, because their gifts are not academic. And let me tell you. Plenty of total dunderheads will end up in accelerated learning. They can handle academics sure enough. They are dunderheads at everything else in life, and will fail.

And yeah, I said it.

..plain and simple--some people/kids are smarter than others......they learn ''quicker''.....and some whites are are smarter than other whites
....this NYC crap is undeniably stupid/''racist'''/etc

They stuck me in a "gifted class". It was the most unkind thing any school ever did to me.

4. there are a lot of WHITES that are not eligible for the program!!!!!!

Horrible news!

Now being gifted is a crime because only Caucasian and Asian kids are able to pass the entrance exams.

And some people with a straight face assure us that the United States of America has a bright future.

Yeah, right!

Yeah, agreed. This program hurts feelings so it has to go. It's discriminatory and stupid. Put it back. Some kids REALLY need it.

And although I know I will take heat for this, we can do better than name this program "gifted and talented". It's really just accelerated learning, which is what it should be called. Plenty of truly gifted/talented kids are left out, because their gifts are not academic. And let me tell you. Plenty of total dunderheads will end up in accelerated learning. They can handle academics sure enough. They are dunderheads at everything else in life, and will fail.

And yeah, I said it.
I agree about calling it something else more low key. Before I was stuck in a gifted program I was just a kid that made good grades without a lot of effort. Afterwards I was some kind of a freak.

Horrible news!

Now being gifted is a crime because only Caucasian and Asian kids are able to pass the entrance exams.

And some people with a straight face assure us that the United States of America a bright future.

Yeah, right!
they come up with a different definition of racism every DAY!!

I agree about calling it something else more low key. Before I was stuck in a gifted program I was just a kid that made good grades without a lot of effort. Afterwards I was some kind of a freak.

Words and labels do make a difference--and that's not just snowflake territory (It CAN be, but not always). "Gifted" really is a misnomer, and unfair to the other kids, who really can be and are gifted in lots of ways not recognized in a "gifted" program. "Accelerated learning" is good. I don't like anything like "advanced".

Or, if we were to avoid your fate, how about "extra homework" class? hahaha. You know what I mean though.

Words and labels do make a difference--and that's not just snowflake territory (It CAN be, but not always). "Gifted" really is a misnomer, and unfair to the other kids, who really can be and are gifted in lots of ways not recognized in a "gifted" program. "Accelerated learning" is good. I don't like anything like "advanced".

Or, if we were to avoid your fate, how about "extra homework" class? hahaha. You know what I mean though.

Actually the more I think about it, the more I think "extra homework" class would be doing those kids a real solid, socially

heh

All a part of "racial equity".
The difference between racial equality and racial equity is just that.
Equality means equal chance.
Equity means equal outcome no matter what.
Equity can ONLY happen if deserving people are set aside to make room for undeserving people.

All a part of "racial equity".
The difference between racial equality and racial equity is just that.
Equality means equal chance.
Equity means equal outcome no matter what.
Equity can ONLY happen if deserving people are set aside to make room for undeserving people.

Right and now what will happen is the parents that have the money will supplement their gifted kids education. So this will result in fewer white/asian kids getting ahead, it will ultimately result in less opportunity for black/hispanic kids.

Forum List

Back