NY Times Endorses No Republicans for U.S. Congress

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
:shocked1: I am shocked I tell ya.......

Oh yeah, and we are imaging things, when we say the LSM has a liberal bias....:)

By REUTERS
Filed at 3:10 p.m. ET

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The New York Times, one of the oldest and most respected U.S. newspapers, said on Sunday that for the first time in memory it was endorsing no Republican U.S. congressional candidates this year.

In an editorial, the Times criticized the Republican-led Congress on matters from tax cuts to energy policy, and charged it has failed to hold President Bush accountable for the unpopular Iraq War.

``This election is indeed about George W. Bush -- and the congressional majority's insistence on protecting him from the consequences of his mistakes and misdeeds,'' the Times editorialized.

The Bush administration has had a number of clashes in recent years with the Times, particularly for the newspaper's disclosure of its warrantless domestic spying program.

The newspaper, founded in 1851, wrote in its editorial: ``On Tuesday, when this page runs the list of people it has endorsed for election, we will include no Republican congressional candidates for the first time in our memory.''

``To begin with, the Republican majority that has run the House of Representatives -- and for the most part, the Senate -- during President Bush's tenure, has done a terrible job on the basics,'' the newspaper wrote.

``It's tax-cutting-above-all-else has wrecked the budget, hobbled the middle class and endangered the long-term economy. It has refused to face global warming and done pathetically little about the country's dependence on foreign oil,'' the Times added.
http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/wash..._r=2&pagewanted=print&oref=slogin&oref=slogin

So if any Republicans retain or win seats, that is a repudiation of NY Times? I can live with that! :laugh: Of course, they will agree with the Kerry premise, that they are too 'uneducated.'

So if any Republicans retain or win seats, that is a repudiation of NY Times? I can live with that! :laugh: Of course, they will agree with the Kerry premise, that they are too 'uneducated.'

So you vote based on what your local newspaper tells you? Funny, I've never voted for anyone based solely on an endorsement.

Why would the times differ from 2/3 of the country... which doesn't approve of Bush. Most of us wouldn't endorse anyone who is going to continue to rubber stamp and exercise no checks over the admin.

So you vote based on what your local newspaper tells you? Funny, I've never voted for anyone based solely on an endorsement.

Why would the times differ from 2/3 of the country... which doesn't approve of Bush. Most of us wouldn't endorse anyone who is going to continue to rubber stamp and exercise no checks over the admin.
Nice spin! :exorcistspinninghead:

As opposed to the BS "liberal media bias" spin.

How 'bout telling us who the GOP NewsNetwork (oops... I mean Fox) endorsed... :)
:laugh: Another good one. FOX didn't endorse any candidates that I can find.

Since when has Congress rubber stamped anything the President wanted? If they were doing that we would have amnesty for millions of illegal immigrants like the President wanted. But we dont. Why? Because contrary to your spin Republicans dont rubber stamp jack.

I don't approve of Bush. That mean I'm voting for Dems now? :shocked1:

Dont you know? if you dont approve of the President, the media expects you to fully vote out any politician in the House and Senate you might agree with because he or she is GOP. Nevermind that it makes absolutely no sense to vote out the guys that do what you want them to do when President Bush is still in office.

Dont you know? if you dont approve of the President, the media expects you to fully vote out any politician in the House and Senate you might agree with because he or she is GOP. Nevermind that it makes absolutely no sense to vote out the guys that do what you want them to do when President Bush is still in office.

Sometimes I wish I had the mind of a simpleton just so I can understand such logic. :p:

Sometimes I wish I had the mind of a simpleton just so I can understand such logic. :p:

Not a problem Hawk, there's plenty of "simpleton" available from the radical left to go around, I'm sure they wouldn't mind handing out some to you.;)

I'm not sure though, that it would do any good, cause there ISN'T any logic involved.:halo:

Forum List

Back