NY Gov. Hochul’s new gun law prohibits historical reenactor's muzzleloaders, flintlocks, black powder rifles

Boy you guys sure are quick to defend guns.
I don't defend guns, I find them dangerous...but no one is fooled by the claim that this isn't a second amendment issue and that should warrant/require lightening speed in its defense.
... but if ya wanna see over reaction go on the offensive about censoring freedom of speech or the press, those guys come at ya with lawyers and the courts...geez whats the harm in a tads worth of censorship eh? [heavy on the sarcasm]
If only you cared about people as much.
I wouldn't turn my back on the anti-gun/2A crowd...I trust guns far more than I do them

Seriously? This is worthy of certiorari at the Supreme Court? Really?

I mean, yeah, it's probably a bit silly to ban the use of guns by reenactors, especially the kind of slow olde timey guns they have. This is a simple case of overreach by a small group of lawmakers.

If I were you I'd save the diapers and pissing your pants over something for a bigger battle. This isn't a hill worth dying on.
Thats what all DImmers say...like allowing just a small breach of our rights means nothing. In fact, it means everything and needs to be stopped quickly.

It is estimated that over 200 million people own over 400 million guns.
Where do you get that figure?
gun ownership in U.S.

• 393 million
    • According to 2 sources

Americans Love Guns According to the Small Arms Survey of 2018, there are over 1 billion small arms in the world and 857 million are owned by private citizens. How many guns do Americans claim? 393 million. In fact, the U.S. accounts for nearly half of guns owned by civilians worldwide. Around 6-in-10 men own guns in the United States.

By the Numbers: Gun Owne

pewpewtactical.com
    There are more guns in the US than people. There are about 393 million privately owned firearms in the US, according to an estimate by the Switzerland-based Small Arms Survey – or in other words, 120 guns for every 100 Americans. That’s the highest rate of any country in the world, and more than double the rate of the next country on the list.

What studies reveal about g

cnn.com
    Feedback
  • People also ask

I couldn't get the links to work this was the best I could do but google gun ownership, you'll find he was pretty much on target [my math came up with 120 million owners where he had 200 million but the guns themselves seemed to match up]

Last edited:
Mostly democrats are ignorant (in the true sense of the word) about firearms. The NY governor probably had a typical liberal education and grew up worrying about hair styles and putting a condom on a banana. Chances are she doesn't know what "black powder" means in a firearms historical sense. You can probably get the same ballistic velocity with a home made sling shot. It's all about political perspective.

Mostly democrats are ignorant (in the true sense of the word) about firearms. The NY governor probably had a typical liberal education and grew up worrying about hair styles and putting a condom on a banana. Chances are she doesn't know what "black powder" means in a firearms historical sense. You can probably get the same ballistic velocity with a home made sling shot. It's all about political perspective.
/——-/ She surrounds herself with like-minded libs who are equally clueless about firearms and black powder. Blind leading the blind.

Forum List

Back