Numbers In The New CDC Report DESTROY The Case For Mask Mandates

excalibur

Diamond Member
Mar 19, 2015
As I have said many times, masks don't work.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) released a report Friday in which it quietly admitted that the mask mandates in America were allegedly responsible for less than a 2 percent decrease in COVID case growth after ONE HUNDRED DAYS. But still the CDC advises wearing masks, despite their own numbers. (READ: CDC Caught Inflating COVID Death Numbers By At Least 1600 Percent While Trump Was President).

The CDC claims that between March 1 and December 31 of 2020 the mask mandates, which were executed in the vast majority of United States counties, stopped COVID case growth rates by one half of one percent after 20 days and by less than 2 percent after 100 days.

cdcreport-511x600.jpg

As I have said many times, masks don't work.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) released a report Friday in which it quietly admitted that the mask mandates in America were allegedly responsible for less than a 2 percent decrease in COVID case growth after ONE HUNDRED DAYS. But still the CDC advises wearing masks, despite their own numbers. (READ: CDC Caught Inflating COVID Death Numbers By At Least 1600 Percent While Trump Was President).

The CDC claims that between March 1 and December 31 of 2020 the mask mandates, which were executed in the vast majority of United States counties, stopped COVID case growth rates by one half of one percent after 20 days and by less than 2 percent after 100 days.

cdcreport-511x600.jpg

Then why does the concluding paragraph state otherwise? Conclusion? Even if its just a little protection, wear the damn mask.
"Community mitigation measures can help reduce the transmission of SARS-CoV-2. In this study, mask mandates were associated with reductions in COVID-19 case and death growth rates within 20 days, whereas allowing on-premises dining at restaurants was associated with increases in COVID-19 case and death growth rates after 40 days. With the emergence of more transmissible COVID-19 variants, community mitigation measures are increasingly important as part of a larger strategy to decrease exposure to and reduce transmission of SARS-CoV-2 (3,4). Community mitigation policies, such as state-issued mask mandates and prohibition of on-premises restaurant dining, have the potential to slow the spread of COVID-19, especially if implemented with other public health strategies".

Summary
What is already known about this topic?

Universal masking and avoiding nonessential indoor spaces are recommended to mitigate the spread of COVID-19.

What is added by this report?

Mandating masks was associated with a decrease in daily COVID-19 case and death growth rates within 20 days of implementation. Allowing on-premises restaurant dining was associated with an increase in daily COVID-19 case growth rates 41–100 days after implementation and an increase in daily death growth rates 61–100 days after implementation.

What are the implications for public health practice?

Mask mandates and restricting any on-premises dining at restaurants can help limit community transmission of COVID-19 and reduce case and death growth rates. These findings can inform public policies to reduce community spread of COVID-19.

Association of State-Issued Mask Mandates and Allowing On-Premises Restaurant Dining with County-Level COVID-19 Case and Death Growth Rates — United States, March 1–December 31, 2020 | MMWR (cdc.gov)

We truly don't have a handle on COVID because the CDC, WHO and other health organizations chose politics over science so many times in the past. And we can't forget the medias role in putting political mouthpieces like Cuomo, the CDC, the WHO, Fauci etc. front and center in the fight for credibility. But the media was just doing what they always did, basing all their positions on anti Trumpisms. The Democrat handling of COVID has not only done more to undermine science than anything in US history, but it has also killed people.

CDC admits masks and closing restaurants did not work. Effectiveness is less than 2% for both cases and death rates. Also, opening restaurants increased rates less than ~3%, and was not considered statistically significant.

It's important to note that the CDC uses this data to conclude that masks are effective and closing restaurants worked.

So will Biden finally follow the science and open America and stop forcing people to wear a mask against their free will? I'm guessing no.

March 5, 2021

During March 1–December 31, 2020, state-issued mask mandates applied in 2,313 (73.6%) of the 3,142 U.S. counties. Mask mandates were associated with a 0.5 percentage point decrease (p = 0.02) in daily COVID-19 case growth rates 1–20 days after implementation and decreases of 1.1, 1.5, 1.7, and 1.8 percentage points 21–40, 41–60, 61–80, and 81–100 days, respectively, after implementation (p<0.01 for all) (Table 1) (Figure). Mask mandates were associated with a 0.7 percentage point decrease (p = 0.03) in daily COVID-19 death growth rates 1–20 days after implementation and decreases of 1.0, 1.4, 1.6, and 1.9 percentage points 21–40, 41–60, 61–80, and 81–100 days, respectively, after implementation (p<0.01 for all). Daily case and death growth rates before implementation of mask mandates were not statistically different from the reference period.

During the study period, states allowed restaurants to reopen for on-premises dining in 3,076 (97.9%) U.S. counties. Changes in daily COVID-19 case and death growth rates were not statistically significant 1–20 and 21–40 days after restrictions were lifted. Allowing on-premises dining at restaurants was associated with 0.9 (p = 0.02), 1.2 (p<0.01), and 1.1 (p = 0.04) percentage point increases in the case growth rate 41–60, 61–80, and 81–100 days, respectively, after restrictions were lifted (Table 2) (Figure). Allowing on-premises dining at restaurants was associated with 2.2 and 3.0 percentage point increases in the death growth rate 61–80 and 81–100 days, respectively, after restrictions were lifted (p<0.01 for both). Daily death growth rates before restrictions were lifted were not statistically different from those during the reference period, whereas significant differences in daily case growth rates were observed 41–60 days before restrictions were lifted.

CDC admits masks and closing restaurants did not work. Effectiveness is less than 2% for both cases and death rates. Also, opening restaurants increased rates less than ~3%, and was not considered statistically significant.

It's important to note that the CDC uses this data to conclude that masks are effective and closing restaurants worked.

So will Biden finally follow the science and open America and stop forcing people to wear a mask against their free will? I'm guessing no.

March 5, 2021

During March 1–December 31, 2020, state-issued mask mandates applied in 2,313 (73.6%) of the 3,142 U.S. counties. Mask mandates were associated with a 0.5 percentage point decrease (p = 0.02) in daily COVID-19 case growth rates 1–20 days after implementation and decreases of 1.1, 1.5, 1.7, and 1.8 percentage points 21–40, 41–60, 61–80, and 81–100 days, respectively, after implementation (p<0.01 for all) (Table 1) (Figure). Mask mandates were associated with a 0.7 percentage point decrease (p = 0.03) in daily COVID-19 death growth rates 1–20 days after implementation and decreases of 1.0, 1.4, 1.6, and 1.9 percentage points 21–40, 41–60, 61–80, and 81–100 days, respectively, after implementation (p<0.01 for all). Daily case and death growth rates before implementation of mask mandates were not statistically different from the reference period.

During the study period, states allowed restaurants to reopen for on-premises dining in 3,076 (97.9%) U.S. counties. Changes in daily COVID-19 case and death growth rates were not statistically significant 1–20 and 21–40 days after restrictions were lifted. Allowing on-premises dining at restaurants was associated with 0.9 (p = 0.02), 1.2 (p<0.01), and 1.1 (p = 0.04) percentage point increases in the case growth rate 41–60, 61–80, and 81–100 days, respectively, after restrictions were lifted (Table 2) (Figure). Allowing on-premises dining at restaurants was associated with 2.2 and 3.0 percentage point increases in the death growth rate 61–80 and 81–100 days, respectively, after restrictions were lifted (p<0.01 for both). Daily death growth rates before restrictions were lifted were not statistically different from those during the reference period, whereas significant differences in daily case growth rates were observed 41–60 days before restrictions were lifted.

You're talking about the same bunch of cretins who believe that “science” supports the claim that Bruce Jenner is a woman.

Sloppy as the info may be will continue to follow the advice of the medical profession, take as many percoursens as possible to protect my self & others.

CDC admits masks and closing restaurants did not work.
Liar.

I link to the CDC, stuff they posted on 3/5/2021 with real data, and you link to a Politifact page from July 2020 (eight months ago)???

Really?

I doubt you even looked at my source. If you did, you probably got confused by all of the numbers and big words, which I even attempted to summarize for people like yourself having limited intellect.

Last edited:
Already a thread on this. I swear, sometimes it's like a relay race. Finish arguing with one poster and here comes another with exactly the same OP the next day, or hour, depending.
It would be helpful if you focused on posting substantive contributions instead of playing wannabe Mod. Thanks.

I really doubt there is a thread about this 3/5/2021 CDC data contradicting Biden. Gotta link?

I check the listings before I post, but I may miss some.

Already a thread on this. I swear, sometimes it's like a relay race. Finish arguing with one poster and here comes another with exactly the same OP the next day, or hour, depending.
It would be helpful if you focused on posting substantive contributions instead of playing wannabe Mod. Thanks.

I really doubt there is a thread about this 3/5/2021 CDC data contradicting Biden. Gotta link?

Thank you. My mistake. It's not my first.

Thank you. My mistake. It's not my first.
It got buried, was in the middle of the night, so I'm not surprised. Just wanted you to know. Sorry for the criticism.

It is so entertaining, and tragic, to see over and over, Biden and Democrats lecture to "follow the science", as they ignore all data that says mask-wearing and mask mandates don't significantly cause a decrease in the spread of COVID, nor do shutdowns.

They have ideological science, but the actual data says their hypotheses aren't correct. Yet, they falsely continue to lecture.

CDC admits masks and closing restaurants did not work.
Liar.

That was from July. This study just came out. Take a look. Pretty paltry results are reported, but it was not a controlled study. Compliance wasn't taken into account, and I can tell you that until a penalty was imposed on businesses in December for not enforcing it, at least half our community was noncompliant. The report is nothing like the study showing that it slows transmission by up to 23%, where actually masking 100% was studied.

Forum List

Back