Nuclear option

This is one thing I will say nothing against, if they do.

Reid should have known better.

Edit.

I'd change the locks on the door and refuse them entry.

I would ignore them and just do everything without one word from Democrats.

Its not "crap" its progress. The 60-vote rule is the reason that nothing ever gets done in DC. A simple bi-partisan majority is all that should be required for everything.

Democrats won't be able to block Trump appointments

r620-b52d79829af813f70fb09676bb4ade12.jpg

… due to rules they imposed.

LOL. Payback's a bitch ain't it! Remember when Dingy Harry imposed the rule when Dems were in charge so they could block some of his favorites. Well now …

Senate Democrats are not going to be able to block Alabama Sen. Jeff Sessions bid to become attorney general. And they can’t do much to stop Kansas Rep. Mike Pompeo from assuming the helm of the CIA.

And they have only themselves to thank for it.

That’s because exactly three years ago, the Democratic Senate majority — led by Harry Reid (Nev.) — rammed through controversial rules fundamentally changing the way the Senate does business. They unleashed in November 2013 what’s called the “nuclear option” allowing senators to approve by a simple majority all presidential appointments to the executive branch and the judiciary, with a big exception for Supreme Court justices.

More @ Democrats won't be able to block Trump appointments due to rules they imposed

Rule change pushed in 2013 by Harry Reid could come back to bite Dems in butt - Liberty Unyielding Hmm wonder if the Republicans will do this to get their nominees through LOL Dems passed this crap and now look it might bite them in the ass now
Ya gotta wonder what goes through the minds of politicians sometimes.

Either Reid is simply incapable of looking into the future, or he was somehow convinced that the Republicans would never have the power to shove this right down his throat.

Third option, I guess: He figured he'd be gone before the GOP had enough power and didn't give a shit about what happened then. That's probably it.

Forum List

Back