NRA’s Wayne LaPierre Hid On Yacht Following Sandy Hook, Parkland School Shootings

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
“Thank God I’m safe, nobody can get me here,” LaPierre recalled thinking after he fled to a private yacht in the wake of the shootings.

The leader of the National Rifle Association said in a deposition that he fled to a private yacht out of fear for his safety following the Sandy Hook and Parkland school shootings.

The 108-foot yacht ― complete with two Sea-Doo WaveRunners and a staff of four people, including a cook ― was where Wayne LaPierre, chief executive of the gun rights group, fled after those mass shootings of schoolchildren in 2012 and 2018.

“They simply let me use it as a security retreat because they knew the threat that I was under,” LaPierre said in a weekend deposition in Texas, where he hopes the NRA can file for bankruptcy to avoid a lawsuit brought by New York Attorney General Letitia James.

LaPierre said the decision to flee to his friend’s yacht, named The Illusion, was due to threats he received after the 2012 Sandy Hook school shooting that left 20 children and six adults dead. LaPierre then fled to the yacht a second time in 2018 following the Parkland, Florida, school shooting that left 17 dead, according to his deposition.

More...

I bet those school children wished they had a yacht to hide on.

"According to internal documents leaked to the Wall Street Journal, LaPierre spent $274,695.03 on Zegna clothing from 2004 to 2017. He even ventured into the homebase of his enemies—Hollywood!—to buy his suits at the brand’s Beverly Hills location. On two particularly notable shopping sprees, he spent over $39,000. (When reached over the phone, an employee there said they “couldn’t tell you a thing” about LaPierre.)"

“Thank God I’m safe, nobody can get me here,” LaPierre recalled thinking after he fled to a private yacht in the wake of the shootings.

The leader of the National Rifle Association said in a deposition that he fled to a private yacht out of fear for his safety following the Sandy Hook and Parkland school shootings.

The 108-foot yacht ― complete with two Sea-Doo WaveRunners and a staff of four people, including a cook ― was where Wayne LaPierre, chief executive of the gun rights group, fled after those mass shootings of schoolchildren in 2012 and 2018.

“They simply let me use it as a security retreat because they knew the threat that I was under,” LaPierre said in a weekend deposition in Texas, where he hopes the NRA can file for bankruptcy to avoid a lawsuit brought by New York Attorney General Letitia James.

LaPierre said the decision to flee to his friend’s yacht, named The Illusion, was due to threats he received after the 2012 Sandy Hook school shooting that left 20 children and six adults dead. LaPierre then fled to the yacht a second time in 2018 following the Parkland, Florida, school shooting that left 17 dead, according to his deposition.

More...

Mr. LaPierre is traditionally demonized by the Left every time that there is a school shooting, libs like to spread the big lie that he's "responsible" for it.

Of course he is smart to get out of the way of rabid libs.

BTW, I have never heard of a mass shooting by an NRA member.

More...

Because of leftists idiots who threaten him.

More...

Good idea, lefties are so violent . The may have killed him.

OK, that is a point.
But, could one argue there is a sense of entitlement, self absorption, and brain-dead awareness of the 'optics'?
Why not go hide out in a hotel. Or the in-laws place on the lake. Or at the hunting cabin in the Upper Peninsula?

Wayne is a fav of mine: 'The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is with a good guy with a gun.'.

And it's corollary: 'The only way to stop a bad 5yr old with a gun........is a good 5yr old with a gun.'

More...

Too bad the teachers were nothing more than unarmed human shields, weren't able to return fire and terminate the threat sooner.

OK, that is a point.
But, could one argue there is a sense of entitlement, self absorption, and brain-dead awareness of the 'optics'?
Why not go hide out in a hotel. Or the in-laws place on the lake. Or at the hunting cabin in the Upper Peninsula?

Wayne is a fav of mine: 'The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is with a good guy with a gun.'.

And it's corollary: 'The only way to stop a bad 5yr old with a gun........is a good 5yr old with a gun.'

Recieving death threats because he's a trade association President?

Death threats are unacceptable, period.

More...

It is not against the law to elude assassins.

Squinty "Fancy Pants" LaP has been hiding in abject opulence for far too long.

He fleeced the insecure suckers for years by terrorizing them with tales of big Blue Meanies coming to take their precious away, and the prima donna of the North American Man/Gun Love Association needs to come out of the closet and again strut his stuff! Zegna of Beverly Hills misses his shelling out the saps' shekels for those boffo threads!

Screen Shot 2022-04-30 at 8.11.34 AM.png

Didn't the NRA file bankruptcy recently?

From commentary about their bankruptcy tactic:

• "Because Wayne LaPierre, got himself and friends on the board some pretty extravagant perks and funneled organization money to his favorite firms who would them pay him and other board members huge salaries for doing what was already their job."

• "They have attempted to file in a gun-friendly state and not the state where they are registered. They are facing serious allegations of financial mismanagement, embezzlement and violating their own charter as a non-profit organization.
    In order to prevent prosecutors and the public from seeing just had bad their financial position is, they decided to file for bankruptcy protection. This way they could hide their finances from everyone except the court.

The court in gun friendly Texas ruled that the NRA was not eligible for bankruptcy proceedings in Texas due to the frivolous reasons for their filing."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The NRA is another money-sump for the Duped & Snookered to send their hard-earned cash to.
We could list a few more, I suppose.

Squinty "Fancy Pants" LaP has been hiding in abject opulence for far too long.

He fleeced the insecure suckers for years by terrorizing them with tales of big Blue Meanies coming to take their precious away, and the prima donna of the North American Man/Gun Love Association needs to come out of the closet and again strut his stuff! Zegna of Beverly Hills misses his shelling out the saps' shekels for those boffo threads!

What organizations have you donated to?

Didn't the NRA file bankruptcy recently?

From commentary about their bankruptcy tactic:

• "Because Wayne LaPierre, got himself and friends on the board some pretty extravagant perks and funneled organization money to his favorite firms who would them pay him and other board members huge salaries for doing what was already their job."

• "They have attempted to file in a gun-friendly state and not the state where they are registered. They are facing serious allegations of financial mismanagement, embezzlement and violating their own charter as a non-profit organization.
    In order to prevent prosecutors and the public from seeing just had bad their financial position is, they decided to file for bankruptcy protection. This way they could hide their finances from everyone except the court.

The court in gun friendly Texas ruled that the NRA was not eligible for bankruptcy proceedings in Texas due to the frivolous reasons for their filing."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The NRA is another money-sump for the Duped & Snookered to send their hard-earned cash to.
We could list a few more, I suppose.
How much did you donate to Black Lives Matter?

How much did you donate to Black Lives Matter?

Not an inappropriate question.
And readily answered: Zero.

However, I support the idea and goals of BLM.
It has been mis-characterized by the RWNJ-universe.
But that can be no surprise.
It could be predicted:

• First, the endemic racism that resides in a significant proportion of the RWNJ-universe;
  • Second, black folks who want more or better than they've experienced so far are always an easy whipping boy for not only the RWNJ segment of Conservative-think, but for many mainstream Republicans and quality Conservatives.
  • And then lastly, BLM (and Antifa) are the go-to "Look, Squirrel" tactic when RWNJ's, TDS'rs, and the normal Right wish to re-direct attention from their policies, personnel or the disgraced Don Trump.

IMHO

Forum List

Back