NRA endorses Romney, Ryan

copsnrobbers

I call it as I see it
Feb 27, 2012
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjZ2wD0Bapo&feature=player_detailpage]Allen West to NRA group: An armed man is a citizen; a disarmed man is a subject - YouTube[/ame]

Keep this in mind when you cast your vote.

The NRA- protecting the ability of crazy people to own deadly weapons since 1880!

More along the lines of protecting us from statists USING crazy people as an excuse to disarm law abiding citizens.

How is passing a common sense law that makes sure we aren't selling guns to crazy people going to harm law abiding citizens?

Look, no one wants to take your gun binky away, guy.

gun_binky.jpg

It's just the two reasons you gun fetishists give for wanting guns are silly.

The first one is that you want to feel "safe" in your home. Most home invasions happen when no one is home, so you are just giving the bad guys an easy place to get a gun after he takes your TV and DVD player. A gun in the home has been proven 43 times more likely to kill a member of the household than a bad guy.

The other even sillier reason you give is so that some day, you can take out the government.

Fact is, the government will always have more guns, better guns, and when they come for you, your neighbors will be cheering when they take you out because you were frightening their children.

The NRA- protecting the ability of crazy people to own deadly weapons since 1880!

More along the lines of protecting us from statists USING crazy people as an excuse to disarm law abiding citizens.

How is passing a common sense law that makes sure we aren't selling guns to crazy people going to harm law abiding citizens?

gun_binky.jpg

The first one is that you want to feel "safe" in your home. Most home invasions happen when no one is home, so you are just giving the bad guys an easy place to get a gun after he takes your TV and DVD player. A gun in the home has been proven 43 times more likely to kill a member of the household than a bad guy.

The other even sillier reason you give is so that some day, you can take out the government.

Fact is, the government will always have more guns, better guns, and when they come for you, your neighbors will be cheering when they take you out because you were frightening their children.

Gun fetishists?

Surely you jest. And you can't have a "home invasion" without victims. Otherwise it's a simple burglary.

Lets be honest here...

You really can't expect someone to shoot up a movie theater without full and open acces to the weapons of their choice

Mass slayings are a right of passage in some areas and open access to guns makes it all possible

God bless our second amendment rights

Lets be honest here...

You really can't expect someone to shoot up a movie theater without full and open acces to the weapons of their choice

Mass slayings are a right of passage in some areas and open access to guns makes it all possible

You should see what can happen on a Friday or Saturday night up in my neck of the woods.

One knife many dead many wounded.

Death does not embrace a gun. Death is in the hands of the person weilding it.

Yep. I will remember this when I go to vote. Exactly why I will vote for Gary Johnson...ole flip flop goes with the wind when it comes to political issues...just remember the NRA are idiots...

gun_binky.jpg

First, i dont actually own a gun. I live in NYC so its not really that easy to get one. I just believe in the right of citizens to own the same armament agents of the state can own, except those agents of the military.

Second, any time a gun control person uses the term "common sense" I want to vomit. Its weasel words to basically pre-emtively restrict someone from getting a gun because of something they "might do", not any previous bad act or restricting condition.

Third, we take for granted an organized society, with civil rule and free flow of material goods. While limited there are plenty of scenarios that would disrupt the above steady state condition. At that point, do you really want the only armed people to be state agents and criminals?

Also, technically a home invasion when you are not home is a burglary.

If you want to limit the arms a person can have beyond the Firearm Act of 1934 and the existing laws preventing felons and ceritifed mental cases, amend the second amendment. Until then, repsect the consitution please.

Last edited:
Yep. I will remember this when I go to vote. Exactly why I will vote for Gary Johnson...ole flip flop goes with the wind when it comes to political issues...just remember the NRA are idiots...

No libertarian would ever say that the NRA are idiots.

You are not a Paulite. Not at all.

Lets be honest here...

You should see what can happen on a Friday or Saturday night up in my neck of the woods.

Nothing wrong with a good quality knife or machete. Chain saw is even better

But to be honest, you cant get a good massacre going without a reliable automatic or semiautomatic weapon with a monster magazine.

Does NRA mean Nationl Rifle Assoc. or does it mean National Republican Assoc?

I can't tell the difference. Here you have a Dem Pres who has done nothing to control guns but the Nationa Rethug Assoc. has come out for Mittens. Mittens, who definitley has support for gun control in his background but is a rethug, gets the backing.

Go figure.

Lets be honest here...

Nothing wrong with a good quality knife or machete. Chain saw is even better

But to be honest, you cant get a good massacre going without a reliable automatic or semiautomatic weapon with a monster magazine.

Or a pump action shotgun, or a lever action rifle, or, in an unarmed crowd, with a couple of revolvers and fast loaders.

Also the "monster" magazines tend to jam really quickly, making the gun the equivalent of an expensive club.

If you want to restrict semi-automatic weapons, amend the 2nd amendment, if not, tough.

gun_binky.jpg

First, i dont actually own a gun. I live in NYC so its not really that easy to get one. I just believe in the right of citizens to own the same armament agents of the state can own, except those agents of the military.

Second, any time a gun control person uses the term "common sense" I want to vomit. Its weasel words to basically pre-emtively restrict someone from getting a gun because of something they "might do", not any previous bad act or restricting condition.

Third, we take for granted an organized society, with civil rule and free flow of material goods. While limited there are plenty of scenarios that would disrupt the above steady state condition. At that point, do you really want the only armed people to be state agents and criminals?

If you want to limit the arms a person can have beyond the Firearm Act of 1934 and the existing laws preventing felons and ceritifed mental cases, amend the second amendment. Until then, repsect the consitution please.

Well said. :eusa_clap:

Sorry, the second amendment is about militias, not gun ownership, and the Founding Slave-Owners never thought that we'd have a situation where Joker Holmes would not only be free to roam teh streets, but able to buy a semi-automatic weapon with a 100 round barrel clip. To them, that would have been sorcery. If you really want a second amendment limit, people should only be allowed to own muzzle-loading flintlocks.

There's really no good reason for average citizens to own guns. Yes, if you enjoy shooting or hunting as a hobby, you should be allowed to engage in it, but only after you've passed a rigorous background check and act responsibly within the rules.

The notion you need it to protect yourself from bad guys (who probably stole their guns from another law-abiding gun owner) or from the government is just plain silly.

No libertarian would ever say that the NRA are idiots.

You are not a Paulite. Not at all.

You don't know me so your opinion means nothing at all. Thanks for playing though. The NRA is nothing more than a pandering lobbyist just like all lobbyists...backing some douche bag like Willard shows that. Why not back a true conservative who respects the constitution like Gary Johnson...I don't need some pandering lobbyist like the NRA to kiss some ass to protect my 2nd amendment the barrel of a gun does that just fine for me.

Forum List

Back