Now this would piss me off.

Pete7469

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 23, 2013
The Real World
Chili's removes Cedar Hill manager who took away man's free Veterans Day meal | Restaurants | Dallas News

For his free meal on Veterans Day, Ernest Walker picked the Chili's Grill & Bar in Cedar Hill. The 47-year-old sat at a table and ordered a burger while his service dog, Barack, waited by his side.

Chili's is apologizing for what happened next.

As Walker tells it, an elderly white man wearing a Donald Trump shirt approached him and said that he was in Germany and that blacks weren't allowed to serve there. Walker, who is black, says he was wearing his old Army uniform.

The man walked to the back of the restaurant, Walker says, and a waitress came to pack his leftovers. Then a manager showed up.

In a widely shared Facebook post, Walker wrote that the manager claimed another guest said Walker was not "a real soldier" because he was wearing his hat indoors. Walker said he provided a military ID at the manager's request, along with his discharge papers.

I can not believe there are people stupid enough to believe "blacks aren't allowed to serve in Germany", let alone there is someone out there who would try and make that case.

Taken on face value, this story is OUTRAGEOUS.

However I don't take anything I read online at face value.

"Old white guy with a Trump shirt" started this? By saying blacks aren't allowed to serve in Germany?

I'm not convinced all of the facts are out, but on face value this manager should have had more tact and let the man leave with the To-Go box.

Something is fishy...no Soldier, Marine or Airman would wear their cover inside. Just doesn't happen. And though I retain my uniform...I would never wear it, even on Veterans Day.

• Banned
Something is fishy...no Soldier, Marine or Airman would wear their cover inside. Just doesn't happen. And though I retain my uniform...I would never wear it, even on Veterans Day.

After leaving the military I NEVER wore my issued headgear again. Of course we are looking at less than a year but I digress, I wear a hat indoors all the time. I'm also carrying a .45 all the time. I would not have worn the ACU/BDU or the Class A for a meal, I think I've gotten 2 free meals since I became a vet. It's not worth the trip to town. I only throw on parts of the ACU/BDU/OCP while at work or casually.

People should probably keep their military past on the down low until we can get the left back into the corner and get jihadist assholes off the hemisphere.

Twenty-three years in the military and after retiring, I have three covers I kept from the time I served with the grunts. One green camouflage, one desert camouflage boonie cover, and my white cover. Since retiring, I do wear the desert boonie on my head in the summer when out and about and don't bother to remove it in a fast food place. Obviously, I won't do it in a regular restaurant, but don't care about the fast food places. I don't carry my discharge papers with me. That seems a bit much, but I do have my retired ID card.

• Banned
Twenty-three years in the military and after retiring, I have three covers I kept from the time I served with the grunts. One green camouflage, one desert camouflage boonie cover, and my white cover. Since retiring, I do wear the desert boonie on my head in the summer when out and about and don't bother to remove it in a fast food place. Obviously, I won't do it in a regular restaurant, but don't care about the fast food places. I don't carry my discharge papers with me. That seems a bit much, but I do have my retired ID card.

Cook whites?

They were nearly extinct by 2004 when I was at Ft Hood. Most chow halls were contracted.

Cook whites?

They were nearly extinct by 2004 when I was at Ft Hood. Most chow halls were contracted.
Not cook whites. I was a Navy Corpsman serving with the Marines.

I was of the era before the black beret...which I wasn't a fan of. Summer/winter BDUs with flat top cap headgear was the uniform of the day...or c*nt caps with dress greens. In uniform, it was just second nature to remove headgear when under cover. I have no idea where my DD-214 is. Haven't needed it in so long, it is lost in a sea of old paperwork. Never sought a free meal on Veterans Day. Just the gesture is more than enough for me. So many Vets out here a place could go broke feeding us all for free.

I'm not sure I believe this story.

Chili's under fire after manager takes free meal from vet on Veterans Day
www.usatoday.com/story/money/nation.../chilis...takes...vet-veterans.../93801158/
9 hours ago - Chili’s is facing fierce criticism on social media after a store manager took a free mealfrom a veteran on Veteran’s Day.Army Veteran Ernest Walker posted video on Facebook of the incident, which occurred at a Chili’s in Cedar Hill, Texas, AP reported.... In the video, things ...
Missing: meat
Chili's Manager Takes Away Vet's Free Meal on Veterans Day - ABC ...
abcnews.go.com/US/.../chilis-manager-takes-vets-free-meal-veterans-day-43520727
15 hours ago - The parent company of Chili's says it wants to make things right after a veteran had his free meal taken away on Veterans Day. Ernest Walker ...

Hope you didn't have to use your talent in combat. I could not be a medic.I can gut deer all day long but human guts...

Well...

You know.

Props brother.

Hope you didn't have to use your talent in combat. I could not be a medic.I can gut deer all day long but human guts...

Well...

You know.

Props brother.

too busy saving lives to think of it as person. Hours later perhaps, not while actually saving their guts

I was of the era before the black beret...which I wasn't a fan of. Summer/winter BDUs with flat top cap headgear was the uniform of the day...or c*nt caps with dress greens. In uniform, it was just second nature to remove headgear when under cover. I have no idea where my DD-214 is. Haven't needed it in so long, it is lost in a sea of old paperwork. Never sought a free meal on Veterans Day. Just the gesture is more than enough for me. So many Vets out here a place could go broke feeding us all for free.
Yeah, I don't take any of the places up on their free meal for vets offers either.

If this actually happened, the actions of Chili's are reprehensible. Give him the free meal if in doubt. Of course in the present day world where the initial story gets the press and investigation for truthfulness is lax who knows if the story is real or part of the anti-Trump sentiment cooked up the bolster one side's opinion.

If the man had proof of his stint in the service, in my opinion, that is all that mattered. That restaurant did its image no favor by denying him that free meal.

God bless you and him and the rest of our troops always!!!

Holly

I was raking leaves in my front yard about a year after I got out of the USAF and had on my fatigue top. This was in California, and a local city cop was driving by, stopped, and told me to either take the shirt off or remove the S/Sgt stripes. Apparently it is OK to wear part of the uniform as long as you don't have your rank on it. Correct me and the cop if I am wrong.

There is a lot of valid concern about fake "Trump victimized me" stories. It is one of the lefts favorite lines of horse shit; fake victimization.

Questionable reports of Trump-fueled violence proliferate on social media

In one case, a student at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette claimed that two white men – one wearing a Trump hat – jumped out of a sedan, attacked her, and stole her hijab and her wallet. The unnamed woman also said the men knocked her to the ground and screamed racial slurs at her.

News of the attack quickly spread on social media, and soon some national media outlets including CNN began reporting it. The attack also was quickly condemned by the state branch of the American Civil Liberties Union.

“The ACLU of Louisiana is outraged at the news of a young Muslim woman being assaulted and robbed of her hijab in Lafayette yesterday morning,” the organization said in a written statement. “The report that her attackers also shouted slurs and wore Donald Trump clothing is especially troubling in light of Mr. Trump’s frequent use of anti-Muslim rhetoric on the campaign trail.”

The problem is: the incident was fabricated.

“There were a lot of things that didn’t make sense,” Lafayette police spokesman Karl Ratcliff told The Acadiana Advocate. Ratcliff said the student ultimately confessed to making up the entire story after police pressed her for details.

Another report of questionable origin making the rounds involves a supposed surge in transgender teen suicides tied to the election. Claims that Trump's victory triggered at least 10 suicides surfaced Wednesday when some started posting Facebook updates saying the information came from private support groups for parents with transgender children.

The stat was given a global spotlight after Guardian writer and Out magazine editor-at-large Zach Stafford tweeted that “at least 8 trans youth have committed suicide in the wake of Trump’s win.” He went on to report 10 teens took their lives.

Stafford later admitted he had no evidence to back up claims that any transgender teens had killed themselves because of Trump.

I was raking leaves in my front yard about a year after I got out of the USAF and had on my fatigue top. This was in California, and a local city cop was driving by, stopped, and told me to either take the shirt off or remove the S/Sgt stripes. Apparently it is OK to wear part of the uniform as long as you don't have your rank on it. Correct me and the cop if I am wrong.

If you're a civilian I think you can do anything you want. Look at all the frauds on YouTube who get called out and never get in trouble.

The only part I usually wear is the britches.

And the boots no matter what.

There is a lot of valid concern about fake "Trump victimized me" stories. It is one of the lefts favorite lines of horse shit; fake victimization.

Questionable reports of Trump-fueled violence proliferate on social media

In one case, a student at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette claimed that two white men – one wearing a Trump hat – jumped out of a sedan, attacked her, and stole her hijab and her wallet. The unnamed woman also said the men knocked her to the ground and screamed racial slurs at her.

News of the attack quickly spread on social media, and soon some national media outlets including CNN began reporting it. The attack also was quickly condemned by the state branch of the American Civil Liberties Union.

“The ACLU of Louisiana is outraged at the news of a young Muslim woman being assaulted and robbed of her hijab in Lafayette yesterday morning,” the organization said in a written statement. “The report that her attackers also shouted slurs and wore Donald Trump clothing is especially troubling in light of Mr. Trump’s frequent use of anti-Muslim rhetoric on the campaign trail.”

The problem is: the incident was fabricated.

“There were a lot of things that didn’t make sense,” Lafayette police spokesman Karl Ratcliff told The Acadiana Advocate. Ratcliff said the student ultimately confessed to making up the entire story after police pressed her for details.

Another report of questionable origin making the rounds involves a supposed surge in transgender teen suicides tied to the election. Claims that Trump's victory triggered at least 10 suicides surfaced Wednesday when some started posting Facebook updates saying the information came from private support groups for parents with transgender children.

The stat was given a global spotlight after Guardian writer and Out magazine editor-at-large Zach Stafford tweeted that “at least 8 trans youth have committed suicide in the wake of Trump’s win.” He went on to report 10 teens took their lives.

Stafford later admitted he had no evidence to back up claims that any transgender teens had killed themselves because of Trump.

The mainstream media is completely full of baloney.

If you're a civilian I think you can do anything you want. Look at all the frauds on YouTube who get called out and never get in trouble.

The only part I usually wear is the britches.

And the boots no matter what.

Not according to the Walnut Creek police department. Of course they could be wrong.

Forum List

Back