Now the mob turns their attention to The Star Spangled Banner

It must now go. Time to cancel, time to destroy it, time to drag it through the mud.

Gen Z and Milennial fragility on full display !

Why it might be time to finally replace 'The Star-Spangled Banner' with a new national anthem

In an increasingly anti-racist era when problematic iconography — ranging from Aunt Jemima and Uncle Ben to even the Dukes of Hazzard General Lee car and country band Lady Antebellum’s name — is being reassessed, revised or retired, America’s national anthem, “The Star-Spangled Banner,” seems to be striking a wrong note.

Last week, protesters in San Francisco toppled a statue of the song’s composer, Francis Scott Key, a known slaveholder who once said that African Americans were “a distinct and inferior race of people, which all experience proves to be the greatest evil that afflicts a community.” This week, Liana Morales, an Afro-Latinx student at New York’s Urban Assembly School for the Performing Arts, refused to sing “The Star-Spangled Banner” at her virtual graduation ceremony, explaining to the Wall Street Journal, “With everything that’s happening, if I stand there and sing it, I’m being complicit to a system that has oppressed people of color.” Instead, Morales performed “Lift Every Voice and Sing,” a hymn widely considered to be the “Black national anthem.”

Meh, I already don't care for it. I prefer Dixie and Dixie's land. I'm a good ole rebel as well.

Group 1 asks for A. When you give them A, they say, "Thank you." And that's the end.

Group 2 asks for A. When you give them A, they say, "We want B." When you give them B, they say, "We want C."

The people who are giving in to these bad actors are setting themselves up for the day when Group 2 says, "We want you to resign and give us your place."

President Trump is the only prominent person who has the guts to say NO.

Group 1 asks for A. When you give them A, they say, "Thank you." And that's the end.

Group 2 asks for A. When you give them A, they say, "We want B." When you give them B, they say, "We want C."

The people who are giving in to these bad actors are setting themselves up for the day when Group 2 says, "We want you to resign and give us your place."

President Trump is the only prominent person who has the guts to say NO.
Trump also thinks he is skinny.

Liberals are so other person oriented that they are convinced that other people control their feelings. Mental health professional unanimously agree that no one “makes you feel bad” but rather You are in control over how you choose to feel.

It's part of destroying the entire country. Don't be surprised if they don't like the name next.

The National anthem is the anthem of the colonizers who moved west. To the religion of woke everything has to go. The national anthem, the National name, the nation itself.

Almost irrelevant. I won't stand for anything but the Star Spangled Banner. I'm sure millions of Americans feel as I do. If they ever did make the change it will be a cluster fuck at events that play it.

I always thought America The Beautiful was a better choice for the national anthem

I agree.

My vote is for God Save the Queen.

And had conservatives been running things from the beginning, that’s what we’d be singing.

The American revolution was actually a "conservative" revolution, led by landed elites who were concerned with maintaining their station even while breaking free from England.

Just like the Civil War was an attempted "conservative" revolution by landed southerners that failed.

"progressive" revolutions are the French and Russian ones, well at least the 2nd Russian Revolution.

The Regressive Left has desperately been trying to jump the shark for a long time now.

This is a really bad time for this stuff. This is part of what got Trump elected in the FIRST fucking place.

Well I'll be damned Mac, you finally got it !!

And this is exactly why so many of us will plug our noses and vote for him again.

The Regressive Left has desperately been trying to jump the shark for a long time now.

This is a really bad time for this stuff. This is part of what got Trump elected in the FIRST fucking place.

Well I'll be damned Mac, you finally got it !!

And this is exactly why so many of us will plug our noses and vote for him again.
I've been saying that for years. Since I've been here.

That has nothing to do with the ugliness that is Trumpism.

I have heard this rant since the 70's an guess what? the Star Spangle Banner is still our Anthem Thank God.

Forum List

Back