NOW the GOP wants to change the Filibuster rules?

kiwiman127

Comfortably Moderate
Oct 19, 2010
4th Cleanest City in the World-Minneapolis
McCarthy: GOP Should Abolish Filibuster
McCarthy GOP Should Abolish Filibuster - Breitbart
You can't make this shit up!
The GOP sets records for the number of attempted Senate clotures when they aren't in power, but when they gain power, all of a sudden they want to change the rules.
Does anyone think the Dems will agree? They had been crying and moaning about the GOP's historical clotures approach. Now, how will they feel about it now?
All this "party first" by both parties continues as America continues to spin it's wheels.
senate_cloture_votes_chart.jpg

And I bet you all bitched when the Democrats didn't just want to change them?

THEY didn't just want to, they damn did it so they could screw us all over

and if I recall there was much cheering and gloating from the libs/dems base

The Filibuster is a vital tool for the minority. And that's what our Country is all about. It's about making sure the minority has a voice. We are not a 'Mob-Rule Democracy.' Although most Americans think we are. I blame that ignorance on our miserable failing Public School System. We are actually a Republic. So abolishing the Filibuster is an Un-American act. Shame on both Democrats and Republicans suggesting it.

That senator is just bluffing. They GOP doesn't dare. They know they're back in the minority after 2016. And until then, a presidential veto gives the same results as a Democratic filibuster, therefore losing the filibuster doesn't cost the Democrats anything.

The rules have already been changed. The dems did it. I wouldn't even pretend to need 60 votes fuck them. We get 51 and the law passes.

It is beyond HYPOCRITICAL that NaziCons now want to abolish the Senate filibuster. They don't like it when BOTH sides can play the same silly fucking un-American games. What goes around comes around.

8eea64e0563590b07a4d93537eb2851f.png

That's different
I don't know how.....but it just is

I'm guessing it probably has something to do with Bush
:dunno:

It is beyond HYPOCRITICAL that NaziCons now want to abolish the Senate filibuster. They don't like it when BOTH sides can play the same silly fucking un-American games.
As it is also hypocritical for you to whine about this, while Uncle Harry changed rules when convenient.
Cam you link me the thread where you bitched about him?

STFU
:cuckoo:

It is beyond HYPOCRITICAL that NaziCons now want to abolish the Senate filibuster. They don't like it when BOTH sides can play the same silly fucking un-American games.
As it is also hypocritical for you to whine about this, while Uncle Harry changed rules when convenient.

STFU

Did Harry ever try to use the so-called "nuclear option" to end filibustering?

That's different

I'm guessing you could be right on....Isn't it always that way for them?

this is why we are up a shit creek. no questions of their masters, they just march along taking us over the cliff with them.

That's different

I'm guessing you could be right on....Isn't it always that way for them?

this is why we are up a shit creek. no questions of their masters, they just march along taking us over the cliff with them.

"this is why we are up a shit creek. no questions of their masters, they just march along taking us over the cliff with them" -Stephanie
I'm guessing that statement by Stephanie, covers both parties and their followers. Right Steph?

If Republicans do not turn Harry Reid's manipulation of the rules back on him and his then they are the party of WIMP and should resign so we can elect some folks with backbone.

STFU

Yes

10/07/11 01:10 AM EDT

In a shocking development Thursday evening, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) triggered a rarely used procedural option informally called the “nuclear option” to change the Senate rules.

Reid and 50 members of his caucus voted to change Senate rules unilaterally to prevent Republicans from forcing votes on uncomfortable amendments after the chamber has voted to move to final passage of a bill.

Reid’s coup passed by a vote of 51-48, leaving Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) fuming.
Reid triggers nuclear option to change Senate rules end repeat filibusters TheHill

Now answer my question, you dishonest fuck.
Where is your thread bitching about it
:fu:

STFU

Yes

In a shocking development Thursday evening, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) triggered a rarely used procedural option informally called the “nuclear option” to change the Senate rules.

Reid and 50 members of his caucus voted to change Senate rules unilaterally to prevent Republicans from forcing votes on uncomfortable amendments after the chamber has voted to move to final passage of a bill.

Reid’s coup passed by a vote of 51-48, leaving Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) fuming.
Reid triggers nuclear option to change Senate rules end repeat filibusters TheHill

Wow, for a so-called Christian you sure are a nasty little fucker. I forgive you...

Why Harry Reid Had to Use the ‘Nuclear Option’ - The New York Times

shoe is on the other foot now, so why not change shoes. Maybe the Republicans will put on socks too ... nah, hillbillys don't wear socks.

STFU

Yes

Wow, for a so-called Christian you sure are a nasty little fucker. I forgive you...

Why Harry Reid Had to Use the ‘Nuclear Option’ - The New York Times

So, ladies and gentlemen, this is what happened here.....

Lakunta asked a question without fully knowing the truth.
So, while I was providing the hack with proof that Uncle harry DID use the "Nuclear Option", chief shitting bull had to go do a little Google searching.
After unknown number of pages of search results the Dishonest Poster of the Month was able to find a 'reason' for Reid's actions.

Conclusion:
When Dembulbs have self-defined justification for changing rules it's okay.
Republicans? Not okay.

Hence the title 'Dishonest Fuck'
:eusa_hand:

McCarthy: GOP Should Abolish Filibuster
McCarthy GOP Should Abolish Filibuster - Breitbart
You can't make this shit up!
The GOP sets records for the number of attempted Senate clotures when they aren't in power, but when they gain power, all of a sudden they want to change the rules.
Does anyone think the Dems will agree? They had been crying and moaning about the GOP's historical clotures approach. Now, how will they feel about it now?
All this "party first" by both parties continues as America continues to spin it's wheels.
View attachment 37343

First of all, the Republicans tried to stop cloture, they didn't try to get cloture. And seriously, after Democrats changed the rules to suit themselves, you're whining that Republicans want to change the rules? You're criticizing them for doing what you did? Seriously?

Here's the world's tiniest violin, and it's playing just for you...

:boohoo:

Couldn't make you people up...

New Topics

Forum List

Back