Now that Obama won......

Aristotle

Sep 9, 2012
Are people going to question his citizenship, compentency, or his ability to run the United States for the next four years?

Two things that beat Romeny:

1) Obama is the lesser of two evils

2) Romeny's comments about the "47%"

Something we can possibly look forward to: Obama can't win a third term and therefore doesn't have to worry about campaigning anymore. He also doesn't have a base he needs to keep engaged for the next election. Maybe that means he'll be willing to actually attempt to work with republicans. I doubt it, but "hope."

The R never considered him a citizen and that made any other questions moot.

No, nothing will change. The R will filibuster and obstruct and fight against jobs and economic recovery. They have already started figting the election results because, really, that's the only lame ass excuse they have.

The R never considered him a citizen and that made any other questions moot.

No, nothing will change. The R will filibuster and obstruct and fight against jobs and economic recovery. They have already started figting the election results because, really, that's the only lame ass excuse they have.

Yeah they were questioning how Obama won since he didn't win the popular vote

I repeat:
Are people going to question his citizenship, compentency, or his ability to run the United States for the next four years?

Of course they will. I never questioned his citizenship, but everything else is justifiably on the table.

You may have never questioned his citizenship but with countless Youtube videos and debates regarding forged birth certificates and arguments of Obama's refusal to disclose his college transcripts people believed in the hype. I personally thought the ridiculousness of criticism of Obama was ridiculous at best. Although Obama still caters to the elite, he is certainly not as bad as Bush. Besides Obama seems like a cool dude to have a beer with.

Romney made so many huge campaign blunders that only the bottomless treasure chest of Big Business could have purchased the air time he needed to garner nearly half the electorate... but you can't fool all the people all the time, even if you buy all the airtime.

The biggest mistakes Romney made:

Yes, the 47% remark. My 93yo WWII veteran mother-in-law pays no taxes because she paid into Social Security for over 40 years, continuing to work as a nurse even when my husband and his brothers were small. She used to be a Republican, but this election she said of the GOP, "They're all bonkers!" Romney alienated her and every other senior who pays no federal taxes on their Social Security income.

Romney also alienated the hispanic vote, especially when he showed up at hispanic rallies with his face colored with suntan lotion. His remarks about hispanic illegal alien landscapers on his estate didn't help him, either.

Romney lost Ohio by lying about Jeep planning to move jobs to China. Jeep is doing no such thing, and Ohio knows it because Ohio workers who make Jeeps keep track of such things. The president of Jeep made a statement that the story was completely false; but in his last-minute campaigning, Romney continued to run these lying ads in Ohio... so he lost the state.

Romney lost women by stating his unequivocal opposition to Roe v. Wade. Now, most women are not keen on the idea of getting an abortion, and like me, would never obtain one ourselves... but we will defend to the death our right to make that choice and not have it made for us, thankyouverymuch. So even though he's handsome and has good hair and a nice butt, Romney lost the votes of women.

Florida -- isn't that a kick in the pants? Though well within the red zone and expected by all the pre-election polls to go Republican as always, Florida became a "perfect storm" of seniors who don't want Medicare to become any more expensive, alienated hispanics (as above), and blacks. So voila, against all expectations and by a very slim margin, Florida left the Romney camp, too.

Michigan -- I think it was Romney's attitude about throwing GM under the bus. Michigan, let us all remember, is the home of Detroit, which is the home of GM, which may in fact be recovering from its bankruptcy after the Obama bailout. And if in fact Willard was right, and GM isn't as healthy as its financial statements would lead one to believe... well, then, they sure don't want Willard in the White House when they need a second bailout, do they?

The moral of the story is: cute butt, good hair, and "presidential" bearing do not a President make. First and foremost, a successful candidate must convince the people that he's really on their side... that he likes them at least a little bit (instead of just liking himself), and that he understands their difficulties and wants to help them with them.

Frankly, I think we ALL felt that Willard would throw us under the bus without a moment's hesitation. Old people, young people, poor people, vulnerable people; people who need financial aid to go to college, unemployed people, people on Medicare, people on Social Security, veterans, homeowners with upside-down mortgages... I don't think any of these groups felt that Willard really understood or empathized with their difficulties, nor that he considered any of them to be his kind of "real" Americans.

A candidate who can't convince people that he likes them will find that they don't like him, either.

-- Paravani

Last edited:

I think there should be more focus on his ears.. either they are constantly growing or his head is shrinking

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6pMnKZUkhY]Obama's Big ol ears like Dumbos - YouTube[/ame]

Ironically, the 47% proved to be accurate despite Romney getting slack for it.

Oh and Romney wasnt and isnt evil

A candidate who can't convince people that he likes them will find that they don't like him, either.

-- Paravani

I used to know a doctor who would say the practice of medicine would be great if it were not for the patients. His practice did not stand the test of time.

-- Paravani
I used to know a doctor who would say the practice of medicine would be great if it were not for the patients. His practice did not stand the test of time.

Hey, Connery, thanks for reps! I keep trying to rep you, too -- the octopus video was truly fab -- but I'm still getting the "spread it around" message even though I'm trying to spread it around!

Have a good 'un anyway!

P.S. Woo-hoo! Folks in Washington State can now legally smoke out, and grow, and share stupendous brownies! Oh, and my favorite brother can FINALLY marry the fellow of his choice! It has been a GOOD election year, all in all...

-- Paravani

-- Paravani

That's an interesting statement, I often find among the 'haves' this sense of superiority that puzzles especially when you get to know them.

Forum List

Back