Now HERE is an Administrator I can get behind!

random3434

Jun 29, 2008
FRESNO, Calif. (AP) — Some people give back to their community. Then there's Fresno County School Superintendent Larry Powell, who's really giving back. As in $800,000 — what would have been his compensation for the next three years.

Until his term expires in 2015, Powell will run 325 schools and 35 school districts with 195,000 students, all for less than a starting California teacher earns.

"How much do we need to keep accumulating?" asks Powell, 63. "There's no reason for me to keep stockpiling money."

Good for him. They make too much $$ anyway.....

School superintendent gives up $800k in pay - Yahoo! News

There are wonderful people in government and they very often dont get the credit they deserve.

This man wanted to highlight that and likely saved his ass off and had a good retirement plan and implimented it well.

Bless his heart for caring enough about what he does and who its really about (the kids) to forgo the comforts this money could have supplied him.

He is my kind of government servant.

Why dont all the people there do that, even the ones in the private sector, especially the business owners?

Yeah thats going to happen.

There was a time when businesses used to actually help local schools.

Now they dont care and can hire cheaper workers if they dont make it through school so its good for business.

Why dont all the people there do that, even the ones in the private sector, especially the business owners?

I suggest you figure out how expensive it is to do business in Cali. There's a reason why companies are abandoning the Golden State in droves.

Forum List

Back