Novak Djokovic: The politics behind Australia's decision

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
See how angry citizens become when they have been locked down and not allowed to leave their homes? They are frothing at the mouth to see him burned to the stake, fed to the lions due to their own plight. Tell me this is about public health when omicron has been spreading like wildfire among EVERYONE.

As I've said for some time, the West risks the "social contract" between government and citizens when politics and thirst for power, even if wrong headed; is more important than common sense and principle.

The Australian government was never going to come out of this saga looking good.

They've been on the back foot ever since Novak Djokovic announced he was coming to defend his Australian Open title.
The decision to cancel Djokovic's visa - after a court previously ruled in his favour - is largely about saving face with Australian voters in an election year.

To achieve this, the government is prepared to endure any diplomatic fallout, international embarrassment and the wrath of Djokovic's supporters.

Throughout the past two weeks, the federal government has been adamant to make a point: no-one is above the rules. Not even the men's world number one.

A simple, straightforward principle. But the way it's been handled has been anything but.

On the afternoon before Djokovic arrived, Prime Minister Scott Morrison said the player would "be on the next plane home" if his documents were not in order on arrival in Melbourne.
"Rules are rules," Mr Morrison reiterated when Djokovic's visa was revoked the next day, on 6 January.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: EMH
See how angry citizens become when they have been locked down and not allowed to leave their homes? They are frothing at the mouth to see him burned to the stake, fed to the lions due to their own plight. Tell me this is about public health when omicron has been spreading like wildfire among EVERYONE.

As I've said for some time, the West risks the "social contract" between government and citizens when politics and thirst for power, even if wrong headed; is more important than common sense and principle.

The Australian government was never going to come out of this saga looking good.

They've been on the back foot ever since Novak Djokovic announced he was coming to defend his Australian Open title.
The decision to cancel Djokovic's visa - after a court previously ruled in his favour - is largely about saving face with Australian voters in an election year.

To achieve this, the government is prepared to endure any diplomatic fallout, international embarrassment and the wrath of Djokovic's supporters.

Throughout the past two weeks, the federal government has been adamant to make a point: no-one is above the rules. Not even the men's world number one.

A simple, straightforward principle. But the way it's been handled has been anything but.

On the afternoon before Djokovic arrived, Prime Minister Scott Morrison said the player would "be on the next plane home" if his documents were not in order on arrival in Melbourne.
"Rules are rules," Mr Morrison reiterated when Djokovic's visa was revoked the next day, on 6 January.
He's being well treated for a 9 time and defending champ

I'm not the least bit concerned. Piss on them. They have been on the express elevator to leftism since this happened. It's enough to make you ill. :(

The vast majority of the People wanted those guns removed from society...after The Port Arthur Massacre... so Conservative Prime Minister John Howard made it happen.
Amnesty and buyback.

The vast majority of the People wanted those guns removed from society...after The Port Arthur Massacre... so Conservative Prime Minister John Howard made it happen.
Amnesty and buyback.
Meh, I suspect they made-up their own bogus "support" numbers like the leftist anti-2A crowd tries to do here. That's how they roll.

Meh, I suspect they made-up their own bogus "support" numbers like the leftist anti-2A crowd tries to do here. That's how they roll.
The two little girls who ran from the cafe at Port Arthur (Broad Arrow cafe, from memory) were hunted down, and cowering in fear were slaughtered with the assault rifle.
Too much for the people to bear.
They were white hot with rage on talkback radio demanding such guns be banned.
Ditto Djokovic, they want him banned too...90% in the poll.
There are falsehoods on his visa application, which he freely admits to.
Try arriving at the entry gate in America with falsehoods on your visa application and see how you get on. lol

Novak, the saint of Serbia, Serbia's national hero, loved by all in Serbia...like a god.
If I were Australia's Prime Minister/govt, I'd be wanting to get unvaccinated Novak out of my country at express pace, any way I could, ...before he got Covid and died on my soil.
IMAGINE that!
Imagine if he caught Covid and died on Australian soil, who would get the blame?

X

Daily Telegraph January 7 2022:

The Greek-Australian community is in shock after the death of a 23-year-old fully vaxxed man who suddenly passed away in Sydney with Covid-19.
James Kondilios was a science graduate and champion power lifter who was double-vaccinated with no underlying medical conditions.

He died at St Vincent’s Hospital where he had been receiving treatment for the virus after suffering severe complications.

Tributes are flowing for the 23-year-old online, with shattered friends and family pleading with young Australians to take the virus seriously.

Amnesty and buyback.
Dumb asses get what they deserve... don't worry , your government will protect you...

The two little girls who ran from the cafe at Port Arthur (Broad Arrow cafe, from memory) were hunted down, and cowering in fear were slaughtered with the assault rifle.
Too much for the people to bear.
They were white hot with rage on talkback radio demanding such guns be banned.
Ditto Djokovic, they want him banned too...90% in the poll.
There are falsehoods on his visa application, which he freely admits to.
Try arriving at the entry gate in America with falsehoods on your visa application and see how you get on. lol
Just get off in Mexico and walk across the border. Then all is OK nobody checks your vaccination status.

They wanted to show all the anti-vaxxers in Oz a lesson.

-you better submit to the poison jab, or else....if we can do this to the number one tennis player in the world....just think what we can do to you. you peasant!

what morons.

They wanted to show all the anti-vaxxers in Oz a lesson.

-you better submit to the poison jab, or else....if we can do this to the number one tennis player in the world....just think what we can do to you. you peasant!

what morons.
Nah. The People got outraged to the max...said they had to obey the rules and so should everyone else. 'Everyone else' happened to be a tennis player celebrity.

See how angry citizens become when thoey have been locked down and not allowed to leave their homes? They are frothing at the mouth to see him burned to the stake, fed to the lions due to their own plight. Tell me this is about public health when omicron has been spreading like wildfire among EVERYONE.

Novak and Kyrie and aaron rodgers and lamar jackson and everyone else who said

FUCK NO

To the Murderous Fraud Vax

The greatest sports heroes of today

Thanks!!!

Forum List

Back