‘Nothing Less Than a Civil War’:These White Voters on the Far Right See Doom Without Trump

EvilEyeFleegle

Dogpatch USA
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 2, 2017
Twin Falls Idaho
Wow! A lot of what we see here everyday....an interesting look into the far right rural voter:

‘Nothing Less Than a Civil War’: These White Voters on the Far Right See Doom Without Trump

Great American Pizza & Subs, on a highway about 100 miles southeast of Las Vegas, was busier and Trumpier than usual. On any given day it serves “M.A.G.A. Subs” and “Liberty Bell Lasagna.” The “Second Amendment” pizza comes “loaded” with pepperoni and sausage. The dining room is covered in regalia praising President Trump.
But this October morning was “Trumpstock,” a small festival celebrating the president. The speakers included the local Republican congressman, Paul Gosar, and lesser-known conservative personalities. There was a fringe 2020 Senate candidate in Arizona who ran a website that published sexually explicit photos of women without their consent; a pro-Trump rapper whose lyrics include a racist slur aimed at Barack Obama; and a North Carolina activist who once said of Muslims, “I will kill every one of them before they get to me.”

Too long Edited

Last edited by a moderator:
free country full of FREE Speech and opinion plus communication eh , were any laws broken EVEye ,

Wow! A lot of what we see here everyday....an interesting look into the far right rural voter:

‘Nothing Less Than a Civil War’: These White Voters on the Far Right See Doom Without Trump

Great American Pizza & Subs, on a highway about 100 miles southeast of Las Vegas, was busier and Trumpier than usual. On any given day it serves “M.A.G.A. Subs” and “Liberty Bell Lasagna.” The “Second Amendment” pizza comes “loaded” with pepperoni and sausage. The dining room is covered in regalia praising President Trump.
But this October morning was “Trumpstock,” a small festival celebrating the president. The speakers included the local Republican congressman, Paul Gosar, and lesser-known conservative personalities. There was a fringe 2020 Senate candidate in Arizona who ran a website that published sexually explicit photos of women without their consent; a pro-Trump rapper whose lyrics include a racist slur aimed at Barack Obama; and a North Carolina activist who once said of Muslims, “I will kill every one of them before they get to me.”

if any group remains singularly loyal to Mr. Trump, it is the small but impassioned number of white voters on the far right, often in rural communities like Golden Valley, who extol him as a cultural champion reclaiming the country from undeserving outsiders.
They label us white nationalists, or white supremacists,” volunteered Guy Taiho Decker, who drove from California to attend the event. A right-wing protester, he has previously been arrested on charges of making terrorist threats.

“There’s no such thing as a white supremacist, just like there’s no such thing as a unicorn,” Mr. Decker said. “We’re patriots.”

These voters don’t passively tolerate Mr. Trump’s “build a wall” message or his ban on travel from predominantly Muslim countries — they’re what motivates them. They see themselves in his fear-based identity politics, bolstered by conspiratorial rhetoric about caravans of immigrants and Democratic “coups.”

The president draws support from a broader political and ideological cross-section of Republicans than the Trumpstock crowd reflected, and he attracts some independents and Democrats as well. The festival itself was relatively small, drawing about 100 people, though significant enough to attract the likes of Mr. Gosar.

But events like it, as well as speaking engagements featuring far-right supporters of the president, have become part of the political landscape during the Trump era. Islamophobic taunts can be heard at his rallies. Hate speech and conspiracy theories are staples of some far-right websites. If Trumpstock was modest in size, it stood out as a sign of extremist public support for a sitting president.

Trumpstock attendees say they are used to being denounced, another quality they feel they share with the president. It’s part of why they are protective of him, to the point that they refuse to acknowledge the possibility of a Trump loss in 2020.

Mark Villalta said he had been stockpiling firearms, in case Mr. Trump’s re-election is not successful.

“Nothing less than a civil war would happen,” Mr. Villalta said, his right hand reaching for a holstered handgun. “I don’t believe in violence, but I’ll do what I got to do.”
Looks to me like some goofball "reporter" went looking for some people to buttress their confirmation bias....And lo and behold, found some.

Big whoop.

free country full of FREE Speech and opinion plus communication eh , were any laws broken EVEye ,
Absolutely not! I was struck by the word for word similarity to what i read here..but no...I' don't think these people were out of line at all. Wrong...but they have the right to assemble..besides...how else are the FBI going to keep tabs on them?

if any group remains singularly loyal to Mr. Trump, it is the small but impassioned number of white voters on the far right, often in rural communities like Golden Valley, who extol him as a cultural champion reclaiming the country from undeserving outsiders.
They label us white nationalists, or white supremacists,” volunteered Guy Taiho Decker, who drove from California to attend the event. A right-wing protester, he has previously been arrested on charges of making terrorist threats.

“There’s no such thing as a white supremacist, just like there’s no such thing as a unicorn,” Mr. Decker said. “We’re patriots.”

These voters don’t passively tolerate Mr. Trump’s “build a wall” message or his ban on travel from predominantly Muslim countries — they’re what motivates them. They see themselves in his fear-based identity politics, bolstered by conspiratorial rhetoric about caravans of immigrants and Democratic “coups.”

The president draws support from a broader political and ideological cross-section of Republicans than the Trumpstock crowd reflected, and he attracts some independents and Democrats as well. The festival itself was relatively small, drawing about 100 people, though significant enough to attract the likes of Mr. Gosar.

But events like it, as well as speaking engagements featuring far-right supporters of the president, have become part of the political landscape during the Trump era. Islamophobic taunts can be heard at his rallies. Hate speech and conspiracy theories are staples of some far-right websites. If Trumpstock was modest in size, it stood out as a sign of extremist public support for a sitting president.

Trumpstock attendees say they are used to being denounced, another quality they feel they share with the president. It’s part of why they are protective of him, to the point that they refuse to acknowledge the possibility of a Trump loss in 2020.

Mark Villalta said he had been stockpiling firearms, in case Mr. Trump’s re-election is not successful.

“Nothing less than a civil war would happen,” Mr. Villalta said, his right hand reaching for a holstered handgun. “I don’t believe in violence, but I’ll do what I got to do.”
Looks to me like some goofball "reporter" went looking for some people to buttress their confirmation bias....And lo and behold, found some.

Big whoop.
Most likely....not very hard to do...still insightful...to me, anyway.

Big whoop.

How? Which way?

We can thank talk radio and nutter "news" sites for whipping these people into this frenzy.

If there is violence, if people die, they will have enabled it.
Which talk radio host and/or "nutter news" networks have whipped up the antifa goon squads?

When will intellectual frauds like you hold them to account?

Big whoop.
It's not insightful, it's fucking propaganda.

Big whoop.
That is what journalism is today. Keep looking until you find someone who fits the picture of what you want to push. Then sound the alarm and scream "You SEE? You see what THEY are really like? If you are looking for someone to blame for the divisions in America look no further than Libtard "journalists" abusing their power.

Big whoop.

How? Which way?
I'm struck by the cookie-cutter rhetoric on both the far left and the far right. It's as though they have their opinions handed to them....for them to regurgitate...verbatim. There is very little nuance..not a lot of grey...black and white....and rehearsed!

These people do not strike me as problem solvers..they strike me as the problem Not because of their political views...but because of both their inflexibility and their thinly disguised fear.

In fairness, I get the same vibe from the far left--praising the Antifa and all too willing to discard our rights in the name of political correctness and historical revisionism.

As my siggie says, "Ideological Purity is death."

Neither side strikes me as being able to govern our nation worth a damn. Both sides are all too eager to destroy the other--while the middle just throws up their hands and claims impotence.

Factionalism destroyed the Roman Republic....just sayin'...

Big whoop.
You don't find propaganda insightful? Anyway...that knife cuts both ways....

Insight is born in the perceptive mind..and can be found anywhere....of course, if one has already placed all their philosophical eggs in one basket...maybe not?

So that crazy person thinks that trump being democratically voted out of office will result in a civil war? I've known they hate our democratic republic and all we stand for but enough to die?

Any person who thinks that their little pop gun weapon is any match for the greatest military in the world I have some wonderful ocean front property in Oklahoma to sell them at a very reasonable price.

The only result any far right radical extremist will experience if they start a civil war and even try to raise their little weapon to the best military in the world is being killed very quickly.

What drugs are these people on?

Big whoop.
That is what journalism is today. Keep looking until you find someone who fits the picture of what you want to push. Then sound the alarm and scream "You SEE? You see what THEY are really like? If you are looking for someone to blame for the divisions in America look no further than Libtard "journalists" abusing their power.
I will note that in the space of a few posts you have both sides saying the exact same thing about the other...one blames the talk radio..and 'nutter' news sites..the other the 'Libtard' journalists. ROTFLMAO!

Both claim bias..both are probably right. So??

Big whoop.

Insight is born in the perceptive mind..and can be found anywhere....of course, if one has already placed all their philosophical eggs in one basket...maybe not?
All I perceived was someone going through a crowd with their bias filters turned up to 11....Any fool can do that.

We can thank talk radio and nutter "news" sites for whipping these people into this frenzy.

If there is violence, if people die, they will have enabled it.
And will gleefully "report" on it with baited breath and corporate backing.

Big whoop.

All I perceived was someone going through a crowd with their bias filters turned up to 11....Any fool can do that.
Indeed..and so many fools do.

So that crazy person thinks that trump being democratically voted out of office will result in a civil war? I've known they hate our democratic republic and all we stand for but enough to die?

Any person who thinks that their little pop gun weapon is any match for the greatest military in the world I have some wonderful ocean front property in Oklahoma to sell them at a very reasonable price.

The only result any far right radical extremist will experience if they start a civil war and even try to raise their little weapon to the best military in the world is being killed very quickly.

Probably not drugs potent enough to believe that the members of the US military will fire on their countrymen without mass defections,....Like the ones you're on.

Probably not drugs potent enough to believe that the members of the US military will fire on their countrymen without mass defections,....Like the ones you're on.
Read much history Oddball? Find me some examples of US military refusing to open fire on US citizens when ordered to do so? I'll match you 5 to one...with the US military opening fire when ordered.

Forum List

Back