Not Voting

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh
I am a registered Republican in western Pennsylvania. The major seats that are up for grabs in the current primary are Governor, Lt Governor, and Senator...and I suppose someone will be running for the local U.S. House seat, currently held by the popular Conor Lamb.

I don't know enough about the candidates to differentiate among them. The advertising is vacuous if positive, and deceptive if negative (most of what I see is negative). The candidates' websites are equally worthless. Parenthetically, I would not hold it against Dr Oz if he retains his Turkish citizenship. If we go to war against the Ottoman Empire, I will revisit that issue.

So I'm not going to vote.

I have often stated in this forum that an ignorant vote is worse than no vote. You might be voting for someone whose policies you actually dislike, or who would be incompetent if elected.

I recommend that everyone reading this also take a look. If you don't know enough to vote intelligently, then do not vote for that office. It would literally be stupid to do so.

To be clear and honest, I will be voting in November, straight Republican.

So you took the time to type out that you are are low info.

giphy.gif

Everyone knows elections are fixed…..especially in Pennsylvania

I would urge every Republican not to vote unless they are sure the election is fair and honest

I saw a peculiar ad on TV from Mr. Shapiro in the governor's race.

Of course, Shapiro has the Democrat nomination wrapped up, but he placed a commercial pushing Mr. Mastriano's candidacy for the GOP nomination.

Pointed out how pro-Trump the senator is. Makes me think he might be a bit too liberal, if a goof like Shapiro is pointing out the man's virtues.

I am a registered Republican in western Pennsylvania. The major seats that are up for grabs in the current primary are Governor, Lt Governor, and Senator...and I suppose someone will be running for the local U.S. House seat, currently held by the popular Conor Lamb.

I don't know enough about the candidates to differentiate among them. The advertising is vacuous if positive, and deceptive if negative (most of what I see is negative). The candidates' websites are equally worthless. Parenthetically, I would not hold it against Dr Oz if he retains his Turkish citizenship. If we go to war against the Ottoman Empire, I will revisit that issue.

I have often stated in this forum that an ignorant vote is worse than no vote. You might be voting for someone whose policies you actually dislike, or who would be incompetent if elected.

I recommend that everyone reading this also take a look. If you don't know enough to vote intelligently, then do not vote for that office. It would literally be stupid to do so.

If you have both 3rd party & independent candidates make sure to check them out. Voting for the RepubliCratic Duopoly Party(RCDP) candidates often gets one the exact opposite of what they thought they would get in a candidate!

If you don't like the (R) candidates, then vote 3rd party. Should always at least vote I think.

I do not agree with your thing about "an ignorant vote is worse than not voting" - Voting is the essence of American democracy. Always vote.

The democrat party is anti-American and destructive to America as policy. They are the greatest existential threat to this country. Regardless of what a dem candidate might say, he is bound to democrat policy. Therefore, any vote must NOT be for a democrat.
The choice then becomes a matter of voting for the candidate who has the best chance of defeating the democrat even if that candidate may not be the best alternative to the democrat. Not voting at all helps the democrat and consequently hurts the country.

Surely you can find enough info on the internet to make a reasonable decision. Talk to friends and colleagues, maybe they have additional information about certain candidates. Have any of the candidates held other positions in the past? If so, research their voting decisions, and positions.

The democrat party is anti-American and destructive to America as policy. They are the greatest existential threat to this country. Regardless of what a dem candidate might say, he is bound to democrat policy. Therefore, any vote must NOT be for a democrat.
The choice then becomes a matter of voting for the candidate who has the best chance of defeating the democrat even if that candidate may not be the best alternative to the democrat. Not voting at all helps the democrat and consequently hurts the country.
Republicans attempted to overturn our democracy

I'd say he's doing what he thinks is right. I'm gonna vote for Texas governor but after that, it's up in the air. I ain't voting for some bastard senator that's held office 30 years.
I am holding my nose and voting for Governor Hot Wheels because enough people are willing to vote for Beta to get rid of Hot Wheels. And the last thing we need is a gun grabber like Beta.

After that, I may pull the lever for the Libertarians, just to stir things up.

I am holding my nose and voting for Governor Hot Wheels because enough people are willing to vote for Beta to get rid of Hot Wheels. And the last thing we need is a gun grabber like Beta.

After that, I may pull the lever for the Libertarians, just to stir things up.
If beto ain't a fag he oughta be.

Mastriano and Barnette are the best of a pathetic lot in PA.....The rest are basically Romney.

You mean read thier half truths and vague promises.

I never said you had to read their campaign sites. Just do a general search. When I get the sample ballot in the mail that's what I do, especially with judicial candidates. I just use Google and see what's out there on them. Sometimes there isn't a lot, so in that case, yeah, you just have to go by what they say, but since none of us are mind readers how else would you do it? Vote for who you think would be the best representative of your interests and if they win, but don't deliver, vote them out the next time. If everyone became less partisan and would actually hold their own people accountable we'd get more accountability in the long run. Look at all the members of Congress who have been there 20 30, or even 40 years. How many of them actually deserve it?

New Topics

Forum List

Back