Not Muslim and nit Catholic daughter.

Jul 5, 2019
Toronto
I gave birth to a child from a Muslim, but I want my daughter to be like a Catholic. I am afraid to say this to my husband, because for him she is by default a Muslim. Do you think I can try to protect her as a Catholic without his knowledge?

Not to criticize your choices but, in retrospect, isn't this something you should have discussed prenatal?

I gave birth to a child from a Muslim, but I want my daughter to be like a Catholic. I am afraid to say this to my husband, because for him she is by default a Muslim. Do you think I can try to protect her as a Catholic without his knowledge?

what kind of muslim is he ? is he a kind man or a bat shit crazy Islamic ?..youre going to have to be the judge sweetie
He also may seem fine but His family may also push him ..

white lefties will never learn

they go all over the 3rd world or join the peace corps ..usually end up raped or dead

I think that this is, as the British say, a "winde up." When people enter into a relationship, marry, have sex, procreate together, they talk. They agree on things.

BTW: I was honored that a black Christian woman with whom I worked invited me to the bas mitzvah of the daughter she had with the white, Jewish man she married. What a service! What a party in one of DC's finest hotels! When you are interfaith, you talk and agree if you want your relationship to last.

Most likely you'll just end up being beheaded. Muslims will kidnap the kids and move back to Islmao-Land where they can't be extradited even if you manage to not end up dead.

I'm surprised he and you have married, did you not discuss what religion your kids would be raised before you wed.

I am thinking this is an anti Muslim post.

Last edited:
Not sure what you mean by being "like a Catholic". Are you Catholic? If you are, you might want to explain to your husband why being Catholic is important to you and that you want to raise your daughter Catholic.

No, I don't think you can keep your Catholic daughter a secret. Won't you be attending Mass and praying the Rosary, etc? He's bound to notice.

You should not talk to her about religion, as you're both nuts. As for marrying a mooselimb, I bet you regret it already.

Afraid to mention this to your spouse? Major communication problem there.

Should have been discussed before children.

'Communicating' with a Muslim in a situation like this is best done from a distance, somewhere he can't get to you or the kid. If you want to raise the kid as a Christian, just leave the animal. They don't believe in 'tolerance', they're commanded to kill 'infidels' and they show no restraints in doing that. He isn't going to let the kid be raised a Christian, period..

I'm surprised he and you have married, did you not discuss what religion your kids would be raised before you wed.

I am thinking this is an anti Muslim post.

You’re thinking? First time for everything. But in this case you’re right. You should try this more often.

Based on the OP, assuming it is sincere, your marriage is very likely going to end in divorce and a custody battle. If the 2 of you are that devout to your particular religions, and this topic wasn’t discussed before procreating, frankly my dear you don’t have much of a marriage.

There is only one sensible solution to this little conundrum.

Raise the child as a Jew.
There is another sensible solution. My grandfather and grandmother were atheist and Catholic. They had two daughters raised in an atheist-Catholic environment. The daughters remained believers. I married an atheist, we had two daughters who were raised in an atheist-Catholic environment. They remain believers.

Since it appears the ground rules were not set before, now is the time to establish them. The child can choose to become a Jew after she leaves home. ;)

I've been wondering whether embracing Judaism is the default position, having been raised as a Catholic Christian, leaving Catholicism for Protestantism, and then seeing the rise of such assholes as the "Christian" right who simply trash the Christian faith.

I've been wondering whether embracing Judaism is the default position, having been raised as a Catholic Christian, leaving Catholicism for Protestantism, and then seeing the rise of such assholes as the "Christian" right who simply trash the Christian faith.
As a Catholic: Since each Mass has readings from the Old Testament, for those who have the time and inclination, I heartily recommend studying Judaism. While we Catholics touch on the Old Testament, there is a treasure trove of insights and information available that enriches faith and therefore one's life.

Non-Catholic Christians are certainly welcome to correct/disagree with me--I see many of these denominations as a streamlined version of Catholicism with Catholics using the streamlined version of Judaism within the Catholic faith. Personally, I like in depth everything!

Based on the OP, assuming it is sincere, your marriage is very likely going to end in divorce and a custody battle. If the 2 of you are that devout to your particular religions, and this topic wasn’t discussed before procreating, frankly my dear you don’t have much of a marriage.

In Britain, they allow a dual legal system where Muslim men are allowed to bully their wives into submitting to sharia courts in family disputes. The Imams who are versed in Islamic jurisprudence then proceed to screw over the women since women are defined as second class humans by very structure of Islamic law.

I sure hope it never comes to that in our country.

Reformed, hopefully; their services are a lot more fun, and while there are many fine Orthodox, they have a higher percentage of loons than the Reformed, who merely have bad fashion sense.

Forum List

Back