Not going to work, an interesting dichotomy.

You have no idea what you're talking about. It had nothing to do with China, it had to do with the American consumers. Business conducts itself based on consumer demand. By the late 70s, unions got so strong that the price of items were ridiculous. We dropped our solidarity with unions and American workers for less expensive products. With the unions and their strength from government, industry had no choice but to leave the state or country to produce the products Americans wanted. That's how Walmart's started to pop up everywhere.
Are you just questioning what I've said for the same of being contrary?

You say it had nothing to do with China and then you go and prove my point by repeating what I said!

Strong unions, American workers, less expensive products, ridiculous prices, industry had no choice but to leave the state and then Walmarts??

Can you try to make your point again Ray?
Or better still, get the hell out of a discussion you don't understand?

Motivating a labor force is mgmt 101....one of the most basic courses in any business school.

80% of all business failures are the result of poor management. Even if management blames the labor force 100% of the time.

Currently there are many places that can't get a labor force...and the labor force is still being blamed.
It's the masks and the mandates and the constant, constant blaming of the workers for the epidemic.

Nobody can get the personnel to do the work. This is the government's fault with all the crazy totalitarian orders. No wonder no one will work!! I sure wouldn't if people disrespected me as much as they do disrespect personnel in these workplaces.

Liberals claim they are more educated and I don't know if that's true or not. But one thing for sure, liberals have zero common sense; no logic period. That's why they vote Democrat.

I have a great idea, jobs are opening back up, let's pay people to stay home instead of work. Brilliant. Ok, we created this huge mess. We created out of control inflation, a huge labor shortage, so what do we do now to rectify our mistakes? I know, tell people we're going to force them to take this vaccine or they will lose their job.

Liberalism defies common sense. That's why this country is in such a mess today. We need to bring back people with common sense otherwise known as Republicans to straighten this country out.

Employer’s need to produce goods and services to realize a financial benefit, at a given price point sales decline, jobs evaporate, businesses close. Entry level jobs are exactly that, entry level, starting point. Regretfully some people just don’t get it.

Again, you have no idea WTF you're talking about.

The last three companies I worked for before retirement dealt with the auto manufacturers across the state. These were very highly paid workers with benefits the government doesn't even provide to their workers. They were the most worthless pieces of shit I ever had to deal with. In fact the last company I worked for my employer refused to take any deliveries to the auto plants. He didn't have the time to tie up one driver nearly all day so they could do a job a non-union worker could do in about a half-hour.

It wasn't just the auto workers, but just about any company I dealt with that had a union. If I went to get unloaded at a company I knew nothing about, I could tell you within ten minutes if they were union or not without talking to one worker.

Higher pay does not mean higher quality work. Trust me.
You're got yourself a record of having a hard on for unions Ray. You'r a truck driver (unemployed?) who can't possibly understand capitalism and it's dictates on workers or management.

The true capitalist accepts unions as a part of free enterprise. The employer has the right to terminate a worker's employment for cause and the worker has the right to question the employer's decision to terminate by arbitration.

Are you just questioning what I've said for the same of being contrary?

You say it had nothing to do with China and then you go and prove my point by repeating what I said!

Strong unions, American workers, less expensive products, ridiculous prices, industry had no choice but to leave the state and then Walmarts??

Can you try to make your point again Ray?
Or better still, get the hell out of a discussion you don't understand?

Are you stupid or something? I meant what I said. You said our problem with Chinese made products stemmed from China. I'm telling you it had nothing to do with China. It all started with consumer demand.

Democrat's plan always work out great don't they?!?

"Raise the minimum wage"............

How's that working? Let's ask the walmart floor cleaner.

Works out great for me. Engineers are needed to build shit like that.

Employer’s need to produce goods and services to realize a financial benefit, at a given price point sales decline, jobs evaporate, businesses close. Regretfully some people just don’t get it.
The people must have a hard time 'getting it' when they learn how income inequality continues to grow and America leaves the rest of the world behind.
And then American companies run off to China in search of a more lucrative marketplace. That's the main fact that nobody can be comfortable with.

You're got yourself a record of having a hard on for unions Ray. You'r a truck driver (unemployed?) who can't possibly understand capitalism and it's dictates on workers or management.

The true capitalist accepts unions as a part of free enterprise. The employer has the right to terminate a worker's employment for cause and the worker has the right to question the employer's decision to terminate by arbitration.

Stay in your own country because you have no idea what's going on here. I could write books on my experiences with unions. The employer did not have the right to terminate an employee. That was one of the problems. They were forced to keep unworthy morons around because the only union requirement is that they are moving and breathing. Nor did they have the right to promote who they wanted. Unions dictated that promotions would be given to employees with union tenure, not performance.

The last union customer we had, the employees voted the union out. The highest paying job was open and the company was forced to give it to a worthless employee who couldn't do the job. The owner of the company had to do it for him and he just stood there and watched all day.

The employees got pissed. Every one of them would not only have loved such an opportunity, but could actually do the work. So they got together and and voted the union out.

The company fired the guy with the highest paying job and put in an employee based on years of experience. They got rid of three or four other worthless pieces of shit they had to hold onto for years. The employees were never happier.

Ok, we created this huge mess. We created out of control inflation, a huge labor shortage, so what do we do now to rectify our mistakes? I know, tell people we're going to force them to take this vaccine or they will lose their job.

Liberalism defies common sense. That's why this country is in such a mess today. We need to bring back people with common sense otherwise known as Republicans to straighten this country out.
Amen.

We go to BJs and twice now, there is No Meat In The Meat Cases, most of them. My mouth just fell open to see such a thing as that. It feels like Poland in the 80s, the Soviet Union. When we see stuff that was out before, we buy two or three ----- and yeah, that potentiates the shortages, and I don't care. They want me to buy normal amounts, let them keep the supplies up normally. Otherwise it's sauve qui peut real fast.

I'm starting to get used to the shortages, and that is creepy.

Amen.

We go to BJs and twice now, there is No Meat In The Meat Cases, most of them. My mouth just fell open to see such a thing as that. It feels like Poland in the 80s, the Soviet Union. When we see stuff that was out before, we buy two or three ----- and yeah, that potentiates the shortages, and I don't care. They want me to buy normal amounts, let them keep the supplies up normally. Otherwise it's sauve qui peut real fast.

I'm starting to get used to the shortages, and that is creepy.

Well lets just hope it doesn't hit the toilet paper industry again. People were in hysterics.

Stay in your own country because you have no idea what's going on here. The employer did not have the right to terminate an employee.
I feel very confident saying that no such collective agreement exists that doesn't include the employer's right to terminate a worker for cause.

And now you've talked yourself into a corner from which you have to find one.
Real evidence Ray, not just is not, is not.

Well lets just hope it doesn't hit the toilet paper industry again. People were in hysterics.
We keep well up on ALL paper goods because I expect it --- and I DID read that paper towels are under pressure this week.

Seriously, I think these shortages are going to get worse and worse: they sprang up so fast! And gas prices, and the whole menu of discontent. We are keeping topped up on pretty much everything. And everyone blaming Biden ------ maybe it was just as well Trump took a term off. Though I don't think it would have been nearly as bad with Trump, he wouldn't have done the mandates and mask craziness.

American business people aren't 'Capitalists', they're 'Opportunists'.

While they tout the glories of capitalist principles, they hate those principles when those principles don't favor themselves.

In this country there is a group of people that are basically refusing to go to work for what they consider shit wages for shit jobs. They are holding out hoping to force companies to pay better wages. This group is venerated by the left and vilified by the right.

Then we have a group of people that are staging "sick outs" and quitting their jobs over the vaccine mandates, hoping to force companies not to enforce it. This group is venerated by the right and vilified by the left.

But in the end, are not both groups trying for the same thing, to use the power in numbers that employees have to force changes by employers?
Yeah... cause businesses have endless money to pay more wages and benefits.
You realize that the lionshare of private owned businesses are making razor thin margins. Only the super corporations make large margins anymore. Been this way since the 90s.
The same spoiled brats refusing to work, are the same people that buy everything from Amazon/WalMart that kills the very employer they want more money from.
Because... that is how stupid Americans are. Never considering for one micro second their own part in the very reason they are paid what they are paid.

Works out great for me. Engineers are needed to build shit like that.

Not really because all your money will go to pay for those that are out of work. See that is the problem with lefties. They never think things through.

Why should people that are vacced fear others who didnt get the jab?

Thats unreasonable
Are u stupid? No vaccine is 100% effective. Fearing catching covid from people too irrational or brainwashed or stupid to get vaccinated is not irrational.

But that's their choice as in being afraid of them. Why are you against people exercising free will? If people choose to not work .... it's their right.

Forum List

Back