Not all are as racist as some here

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
Pleasant little experience a bit ago.

Parked our car and digging for change for the meter when the woman parked in front of us put change in our meter too.

Thinking she had made a mistake, I told her and she said, yes, she had done it on purpose, just because she wanted to.

She was black.

Small thing. Small amount of money. But the gesture is what counts here.

Don't let the scum racism on this board fool you into thinking everyone hates. People are still just people and we will always do better, for ourselves and others, if we work together.

Later, went out to feed the meter, was going to feed hers as well but she came up just then.

Nice little microcosm experience.

Be good to each other, ya know?

Parked our car and digging for change for the meter when the woman parked in front of us put change in our meter too.

Thinking she had made a mistake, I told her and she said, yes, she had done it on purpose, just because she wanted to.

She was black.

Don't let the scum racism on this board fool you into thinking everyone hates. People are still just people and we will always do better, for ourselves and others, if we work together.

Later, went out to feed the meter, was going to feed hers as well but she came up just then.

Not all black people are racist.

-Geaux

A couple of years ago, during a blizzard, I got stuck in a huge pothole, then had to pay two white guys just walking by to help me out...$20. Then after that, I gave black guy a lift a few blocks (carrying a snow shovel). Then, in the process of putting the shovel in back of my car, he put a dent in the side of my car. I said...nothing. I drove him a few short blocks, were he got out without a word and disappeared in the blizzard. I would just be happy to live in a world were people help each other not expecting anything more than a "thank you". I don’t want to ruin the vibe here, but, if we were REALY “post racial”, racism wouldn’t be brought up.

She was black.

Neat story, but everyone here already knows that you feel bad about your racism.

A couple of years ago, during a blizzard, I got stuck in a huge pothole, then had to pay two white guys just walking by to help me out...$20. Then after that, I gave black guy a lift a few blocks (carrying a snow shovel). Then, in the process of putting the shovel in back of my car, he put a dent in the side of my car. I said...nothing. I drove him a few short blocks, were he got out without a word and disappeared in the blizzard. I would just be happy to live in a world were people help each other not expecting anything more than a "thank you". I don’t want to ruin the vibe here, but, if we were REALY “post racial”, racism wouldn’t be brought up.

I lived in near Tucson for more than 25 years.

Whites will always pass you by.

Mexicans will always stop to help. Always.

One time, overheated, pulled off at a Circle K and several young Mexicans nearby wanted to know if they could help. They put anti-freeze and water into my radiator and while they worked, I asked them why they were helping.

One of them kinda laughed and said 'because my mom would kill me if I didn't'.

I always wish the racist haters could get to know real Mexicans.

We are not post racism at all.

We see the personal soul sickness of those who simply won't give it up.

Back when Sally Ride went into space she answered the usual question about women breaking down barriers by saying that we will have made real progress when women in space is commonplace.

In the ways that count, women are as capable as men but we still have a long way to go.

Most of us get along with everyone, however you will always have bad apples in every batch.

It was my 5th grad teacher, a nun, who always used the expression "there's always one black ****** in the woodpile". My parents taught me otherwise. BTW she was the only teacher who ever hit me. She's long dead of course. Me? As of tomorrow, I will have completed 58 trips around the sun. :thup:

She was black.

You really need to get out and get a life.

Forum List

Back