Not ‘A F**king Nickel’: 5 GOP Megadonors Distance Themselves From Trump

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
At least five Republican Party megadonors say they’re done with Donald Trump as GOP unease with the former president continues to grow following the party’s poor performance in the 2022 midterms.

Andy Sabin, Ken Griffin, Ronald Lauder, Steve Schwarzman and Thomas Peterffy this week all said they were distancing themselves from Trump’s 2024 presidential campaign.

“I’m not going to give (Trump) a fucking nickel,” said New York metal mogul Andy Sabin, who plans to back Florida’s Gov. Ron DeSantis if he decides to run.

“At the end of the day, people stayed away (in the 2022 midterms) because of Trump,” Sabin told CNBC. Trump “endorsed candidates who were not necessarily qualified unless they said ‘I love you, Donald.’”

It doesn't sound good for Trump. What do you think?

At least five Republican Party megadonors say they’re done with Donald Trump as GOP unease with the former president continues to grow following the party’s poor performance in the 2022 midterms.

Andy Sabin, Ken Griffin, Ronald Lauder, Steve Schwarzman and Thomas Peterffy this week all said they were distancing themselves from Trump’s 2024 presidential campaign.

“I’m not going to give (Trump) a fucking nickel,” said New York metal mogul Andy Sabin, who plans to back Florida’s Gov. Ron DeSantis if he decides to run.

“At the end of the day, people stayed away (in the 2022 midterms) because of Trump,” Sabin told CNBC. Trump “endorsed candidates who were not necessarily qualified unless they said ‘I love you, Donald.’”

Trump already has a $122 million bucks for his presidential run and he just announced he was going to run.

Funny, it wasnt the mega donors that got President Trump elected last time. So no big deal.

5q0qd2.jpg

He doesn't need major donors, he is a billionaire and he is very good at getting money out of dumb people..he will be fine.....plus the media will already give him millions in free media...perfect combo for a 2024 win

He doesn't need major donors, he is a billionaire and he is very good at getting money out of dumb people..he will be fine.....plus the media will already give him millions in free media...perfect combo for a 2024 win

Even if true - those megadonors will switch to DeSantis or other candidates.

Even if true - those megadonors will switch to DeSantis or other candidates.
That may be true, but DeSantis can't troll as good as Trump...yea, he sent some wetbacks around the country, but he didn't call them rapists and murderers...you know, the stuff that really inspires hope from the base.....he is going to have to step it up.....

That may be true, but DeSantis can't troll as good as Trump...yea, he sent some wetbacks around the country, but he didn't call them rapists and murderers...you know, the stuff that really inspires hope from the base.....he is going to have to step it up.....

Yep, but Trump will still get the dumb cult money.

So let me get this straight, they are blaming Trump for any losses in the midterms and NOT the current government, including Turtle McConnell?

LOL.

Yeah people didn't come out because of Trump. Is that why Cheney was crushed in record numbers, because Trump supporters don't go to the booth for him? It surely has nothing to do with the 8 days and counting vote counting process, mail-in ballots and the like...

They can feel free to donate to whomever they want then. It's their money. So many of these wealthy men have contributed to so many being wrong about basically everything for 30 years, so go to town.

So what? His opposition outspent him big time in 2016.

All the money in the world didn't help JEB! and it won't help the new Great RINO Hope of the establishment Republicans either.
Let them spend their money as they see fit. There is one certainty in this race. Anyone who counts him out is a fool. They have a couple of options. If he wins the primaries, he gets the nomination. If they refuse him the nomination, he and his supporters go about running an independent campaign or they simply stay home, let whatever scum the DNC chooses, win, and then watch the country continue to burn down around us.

I'm okay with either scenario because this last election proves either that Americans are now so hate-filled that they'll literally harm their own self-interests to attack their "enemies", or the Ds have created a fool-proof means of taking elections indefinitely. EITHER WAY, Rs don't win unified government again... EVER. If that's the situation, the Trump supporters still have at least one move. BURN THE RINOs DOWN...

Forum List

Back